Mickey's Magical Party (until 7th March 2010)

Started by Kristof, July 17, 2008, 09:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willow

The main sign looks better with the lights on it.

They were leaving it late to put the new spires up, said that they wouldn't be too bad and they aren't.

dlrp2719

dagobert

I have to admit that the Mickey shaped spires don't look too bad, but nevertheless I don't like them on the castle. This cartoon sign with Mickey and Donald is the worst thing I have ever seen on the castle.

At least the new bags look nice.

Magicalmouse125

Hey, The mickey spires don't actually look that bad, but wow they're huge, i mean there are probably the same size as our 15th characters but they look so much bigger! :)

But i am impressed with the final result. In fact the whole thing looks good, tink, the main decor, and the mickey spires and the stage. :lol:

and also they should really get rid of the safety rail and stage bit where Mickey and Minnie tood for the final Candelabration, have you noticed just below the curly golden bit, covered in tarpulin! :?
[size=150]Long Live MagicForum![/size]

Love From Magical Mouse 125

RnRCj

I'm sorry, but how on earth is this good?! :lol: The Mickey spires look awful. There's no need for them, they're ugly; so why have them?

You don't see them putting Mickey's all over Big Thunder Mountain - why should the castle be any different?

davewasbaloo

Hmmmm, I think I am actually going to write a letter of complaint on this one and go to city hall too. Why don't they just spend the money and paint the castle up to standard?

If this had been Mickey's 75th (where they did nothing) or 100th birthday, maybe I could understand. But this Mickey promotion is just a waste.
since 2001 (many before that)

Magicalmouse125

Well,i think for dlrp, the castle is the symbol of the resort so they feel when ever a big/not so big celebration comes up they have to sudenly decorate every where. Have you seen main street and then theres all those banners. They sometimes just go to far over the top :lol:

Also i agree 80 is not a great celebration, they should have just used the money they used to create the decorations to paint and work on it. I like the decorations personally, but i would'nt complain if they were taken down.

Anthony

I was hoping the spires, at least, would look quite tasteful and... good.

They look quite crap to me. :(

Far too big. I see they realised the Castle has quite an "organic" construction (as the Imagineers described it), but it's still a very very prim and proper fairytale Castle. Sleeping Beauty is all about strong geometry... These crazy not-quite swirls are quite a bad fit indeed. The smaller third one is better, but still looks very messy.

What I don't understand about their new love for decorating the Castle is that they always feel they have to replace parts of it. This is completely different to the other resorts, where they usually add to it instead. Why couldn't we have the regular, beautiful stained window and golden spires PLUS some colourful fabric banners, drapes, flags, etc? Something really regal and colourful.

I'd prefer if entertainment tastefully threw up on the Castle rather than sold its parts for scrap.

The changes they've made for MMP make it feel very cold.

Reiana

Hm. It's not a brainwave, but it's ok. Could be worse :?

MagicStar

Quote from: "RnRCj"I'm sorry, but how on earth is this good?! :lol: The Mickey spires look awful. There's no need for them, they're ugly; so why have them?

You don't see them putting Mickey's all over Big Thunder Mountain - why should the castle be any different?

Well said  =D>
For me its understandable why they waste all this money for such ugly decorations
and destroying the nice pathway between MSUSA and Frontierland.
I say:
Go back to Walts roots. Telling a story. a perfect story.
And ugly Mickey spires are not a part of the castles story!
[size=150]Let\'s put the Walt back in Disney![/size]

RnRCj

QuoteGo back to Walts roots. Telling a story. a perfect story.
=D>

Who actually cares about having decorations on the castle? I guarantee nobody walks in the park and says "oh that castle would looks so much better with a few pretzels on top".

dlrp2719

Magicalmouse125

I think these pictures look great :D

some of you may disagree, but the colours and all the dancers all over the hub and the fireworks look fantastic!

15MagicalYears

When was this? I thaught the press was tonight?

kaysha

Those pictures are from the repetition of yesterday, it will be the same this night for the press and VIP.

It really look fantastic  =D>