Mickey's Magical Party (until 7th March 2010)

Started by Kristof, July 17, 2008, 09:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kris

I actually don't mind that sign by night now. It hides everything that's so awful about it :S
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

Anthony

Quote from: "Magicalmouse125"But still for you adults , you must Hate it. I don't particularly like it.
Quote from: "djdisney"Yeah MMP is for little kids to party with their favourite disney characters, whereas for us older ones its different.
Younger children are often happier playing with the cardboard box than the present.

Disneyland is meant to be "a place where adults and children can experience together some of the wonders of life", basically something that speaks to everyone on some level.

And I've no problem with them adding extra things specifically for children -- Playhouse Disney looks absolutely brilliant, I can't wait to see it myself -- but it shouldn't detract or spoil the original magic, which I think this event has done for quite a lot of people.

davewasbaloo

Anthony said it all.

And yes, as an adult Disney fan (who has been going to the parks since before he can remember). I hate it and I would have hated it when I was 5 too.
since 2001 (many before that)

Magicalmouse125

I'm sorry if i mad some of you cross. I agree Disneyland was created for adults and children alike i mean both my parents love the magic of disney and absolutly adore Dlrp, however i think that maybe the designers have directed this year at children.

I mean the adverts say it all.

The one thing i love about this forum is how everyone may have a different view, we've got different age groups and everything and i just love how we can all discuss and share our own different views. So i aploligise for any inconvience in my freedom of speech i may have caused :)
[size=150]Long Live MagicForum![/size]

Love From Magical Mouse 125

djdisney

Also I apologise too if i caused anything :)

I love all the different opinions here too

Riebi

hm this deco makes me just sad... :cry:
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Anthony

Quote from: "Magicalmouse125"I'm sorry if i mad some of you cross.
Quote from: "djdisney"Also I apologise too if i caused anything :)
No need for any apologies, I was just adding something into the debate. You're all free to love, hate, care or not care about any aspect of Mickey's Magical Party.

zanderstarz

Quote from: "Magicalmouse125"Have they seen sense and dropped the weird Mickey swirls on the castle?

Nope, they went up last night. but they dont look too bad though, i think i only counted 3 today but maybe theres more to come, who knows??

I really hate what this press event is doing to central plaza, it depresses me seeing all this metal and cables everywhere, thank goodness it all comes down soon!

on the otherhand, the new flower beds around central plaza are lovely!
~ just like we dreamed it ~

Kris

Flowers! Now there's something worth celebrating! Yay :)

luke85

Planting more flowers is definitely a step in the right direction!

djdisney

Horray :)

As they said on the old WDW DVD,
"Stop + Smell The Roses" :)

Why dont DLRP have a holiday planning dvd?

lil-shawn

hmmm i think we were all wrong with the mickey spires!
here they are! Pic found at DCP...

djdisney

Oh well they dont look that baad,, maybe in the night they will light up :)

Kris

They're actually not all that bad. I eman it's better without them, but they almost fit in quite nicely. It really shows the main logo up though. The gold is so so so so different. It looks like cardboard in comparison. If it was a similar design, I know I'd like it better :)

bigrossco

noticed how the characters are more 'cartoonie' looking its the same with the desktop background and screensaver I was sent
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista