Mickey's Magical Party (until 7th March 2010)

Started by Kristof, July 17, 2008, 09:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willow

I never liked that Lumiere decoration, I always thought it was a bit too much.

They could have spent more money on the entertainment instead of putting all these decorations up.

littlemermaid83

The Emporium looks kinda cute but the castle....NO, i detest it.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

djdisney

Quote from: "Willow"They could have spent more money on the entertainment instead of putting all these decorations up.

I have been to DLRP 14 times but i cannot seem to remember the last time where i went to DLRP and it was just "Normal" with no banners decorations celebrating like Parties etc...  :cry:

Magicalmouse125

Oh dear, what have they done. They are obviously investing millions in merchendise and decor whoch is simply not neccesary.

The castle decoration well....................it could be worse, it's 3D instead of what could have been a horrible 2D one and i can undertsand why Tink has been left up. The emporium decoration is Okay i guess.

Have they seen sense and dropped the weird Mickey swirls on the castle?

The beautiful shiny spires look so much better!

however to be honest their not that bad and they could be much worse!
[size=150]Long Live MagicForum![/size]

Love From Magical Mouse 125

Elwell2009

Hi All

just found this that the Mickeys Magical Party Time song will be realsed, here is the link

//http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=414977709&blogId=478735645

its on Vasile Sirli Myspace page.

bigrossco

yeh thers already a post about this under merchandise i think it is
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

Masamune

I think it's fair enough to not like the MMP stuff, as everyone's entitled to their opinion. It's just that some people seem to be getting really stressed about what's going on, which seems a tad extreme to me. No matter how it gets dressed up, the Disney magic is still there. For me, that's what's most important.

....Having said that though, this truely terrifies me.

See, if they had done this to the castle for MMP, I'd understand why people are getting so angry about it. :) The 3D statue probably looks even better in person than it does in pictures.

davewasbaloo

The point is that for many of us (if not most), life is pretty stressful. some people drink or smoke or other stuff. For me, it is the chance to pretend I am in the old west, the jungles of africa and asia, the turn of the 20th century etc. Seeing a big toon billboard like something in a cheap tacky seaside resort is jarring and breaks theme.

I think that is the problem.

Could be worse, yes, at least we do not have characters invading IASW like DL does. But it is the extent of tooning and in bad taste all over the globe that is sickening.

I did not mind the decor for the 15th, there was a good reason. But this is just poor show.
since 2001 (many before that)

The Butlin Boy

I can live with the Emporium one, I don't think it actually looks that bad (better than the 15th version that was there); but the castle decoration is a [-X

Just a waste of money, and ruins a perfect castle :evil:

Masamune

The whole point of my trip to DLRP this year is to escape the badness of real life. If I wanted cheap and tacky, I'd go to Blackpool. If I want a place where I can hopefully feel happy despite losing a loved one, I'll go to DLRP.

Like I said, it shouldn't matter how it's dressed up. What should matter is simply how you feel when you first enter the park. That special feeling that you can't get anywhere else, as soon as you see the Castle directly infront of you down Main Street. Are you people (the ones who are getting so angry/stressed over MMP stuff) seriously going to lose that feeling over a few decorations?

RnRCj

Quote from: "Masamune"If I wanted cheap and tacky, I'd go to Blackpool.
You could also go to DLRP during the Mickey's Magical Party celebrations. :roll: :lol:

What's the need for the decorations anyway? The money could be spent on much better things. I mean, who would be bothered if there was no decorations? Absolutely no one. So there's no point in putting them up, especially when they actually make the experience worse.

Kristof

The Golden Statues during the 15th were designed to match the style of Le Chateau AND they were a very important part of Candleabration.  But what does Tinker Bell and the Mickey thing add to the new show or the entire MMP [strike:j0lfqes7]farce[/strike:j0lfqes7] celebrations anyway?

Anthony

Oh... I absolutely, completely hate it. :(

It's far worse than any of the concepts, it doesn't match the oval shape of that part of the Castle, the blue background looks like it was painted in two goes in child's poster paint, the ears are just completely wrong - it barely even looks like a Mickey shape, and even the goddamn characters themselves are a little off-model.

Something like this should be the cherry on the cake, but in fact it's more like topping it off with a... well, you can guess what I might suggest.

On the other hand entirely, the decoration on The Emporium is fantastic. Great colours, nice lights, very well finished. It slots into that little space perfectly.

This Castle decoration is an embarrassment to anyone who calls themselves a "fan" of DLRP.

djdisney

Quote from: "Anthony"Oh... I absolutely, completely hate it. :(
This Castle decoration is an embarrassment to anyone who calls themselves a "fan" of DLRP.

Got that right ;)

I think that because ive been to DLRP 14 times i should get a free tkts or even a part of the magic!  - Just randomly thought of that as i spend too much money at DLRP over £5000 each time sometimes - depends where i stay. what i buy n eat :P

DLP-Photos.com

Oh my, oh my, oh my... this is awful - why ruin the most beautiful Disney Park castle in the world with such a huge and cheap billboard-thing (was anyone mentioning Studio 1   :roll: )

Having said that the emporium is not as bad though, although I do wish that we one day will see the castle, central plaza and Main Street U.S.A. back to the way it was and keep these sorts of decorations in Village (or even better outside the resort)...

However, I still want to go this year again :mrgreen:
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]