Mickey's Magical Party (until 7th March 2010)

Started by Kristof, July 17, 2008, 09:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicalmouse125

It's great to see pictures of DLRP with different banners.

For the last 2 years we've had 15th banners.

However i've never liked seeing them wherever you turn!
[size=150]Long Live MagicForum![/size]

Love From Magical Mouse 125

luke85

There are so many of the new banners! I think they've over-done it on Main Street, I don't see the need to repeat the banner that often. Having said that, I think it's a nice design, just a few too many around the resort!

Kris

What ON EARTH is this?

Posted by coasterfan on Disney Central Plaza

Please tell me it's not an over-sized Mickey decoration. Saying that. I'm actually selling the idea to myself already. Hmmm
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

Willow

Is that to the side of the Castle?

New lighting rig for the new stage? Something for the press event? Could be a number of things.

I'm hoping for a new set of decent lights, the current sets are rubbish!

Kris

It's to the left of the castle bridge - and JUST there. Surely they'd have constructed the lighting rigs by now with just days to go. It's also JUST in that location at the moment. Lighting would have to be 360degrees.

As for something for the press, the best view would be looking towards the castle, not away from it. Think I'm still betting on some form of decoration. Could look nice there actually :S
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

Patrick

Perhaps a giant Mickey Mouse hand, with streamers that fly out of it everytime Mickey's magical party time is on, or even a new centrepiece, such as  :roll:

Source: Micechat

Anthony

It actually seems to be on the spot where those "seating areas" were said to be planned for, with the orange markings, so that's that rumour debunked. They were obviously just for this.

It'll be for the press event, surely, so no-one freak out. Exact same kind of construction they always use. The location is a little weird, but I guess it gives a good overhead view of the stage, with the audience behind? Or if not a place for cameras or lights, perhaps we'll see something like a giant balloon rise from inside (or infact just loads of coloured helium balloons), during the press event ceremony? (Which means none of the paying guests will see it, but they'll have to put up with this fabulous thing all week...)

Kinou

It's a giant screen for the press event.
Hug it out bitch !

Willow

Could that be due to none of the general public usually being able to see the events? Due to the camera platform.

They could always use it as a feature of the main launch as well I guess.

Kristof

Quote from: "Willow"Could that be due to none of the general public usually being able to see the events? Due to the camera platform.

They could always use it as a feature of the main launch as well I guess.

The park closes at 8 pm on Saturday, so there won't be any guests in the park during the event in the evening any way.

bigrossco

aww dam lol me speaks to my work to let me in  :twisted:
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

Anthony

Liz on DLRP Today comments reports that the new central decoration on the Castle was up this morning...

Maybe the Mickey spires have been cut, and it'll just be Tink and this oval thing?

Magicalmouse125

Quick, everey one we must find an image of this central decoration piece!

I hope the curly wurly Mickey things on the spires are cut. In fact all types of castle decoration for MMP should be completely cut!
[size=150]Long Live MagicForum![/size]

Love From Magical Mouse 125

Bowie

I saw they were waiting for a picture of the castle
on Disneycentralplaza so I waited too! The new decoration of the castle:

I think it's bad but it isn't as bad as it thought it would be, i thought it would
be a 2D sign but it is a 3D sign. It is worse but it isn't as worse as it thought
 it would be.When does the original Castle come back, WHEEEEEEEN!!!  :shock: :P

Source:member of Disneycentralplaza : Bolt

Willow

Is it me or does it look unfinished? Like it needs something extra to make it more magical.

Making it 3D is much better than a boring 2D sign.