Starbucks Coffee in Disney Village

Started by Kristof, June 11, 2008, 05:18:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaysha

Sunday to Thursday 8 AM to midnight
Friday and Saturday 8 AM to 1 AM

:wink:

Anthony

Quote from: "giorgio1712"Looks good to me, but really would have liked more sofas rather than solid tables and chairs. Nevermind, great addition to the village and can see myself spending time there.
That's my only negative too -- a lot of the seating at the front looks a bit low quality, small tables, cheap seats.

Oh but hey - they kept the Buffalo Bills window and just covered it with wooden blinds!

The neons peeping through make it look even cooler.

So now something I've been wondering a while: As someone who finds ordering a Starbucks drink in English a little bewildering, what's it like in French? Basically just all the same names?

pussinboots

Quote from: "Anthony"So now something I've been wondering a while: As someone who finds ordering a Starbucks drink in English a little bewildering, what's it like in French? Basically just all the same names?

What English?

One venti ristretto dulce de leche macchiato, please...

Bowie

Wauw the starbucks looks great, does anybody know if the sell tumblers in the starbucks in village? If they don't what for kind of merchandising do they sell in the starbucks in village (can't see it on the pictures).

Bowie

Jaber

Quote from: "kaysha"Sunday to Thursday 8 AM to midnight
Friday and Saturday 8 AM to 1 AM

:wink:

Great, Thanks  :D

Nala_84

Aw it looks great, I love the natural, wooden facade :)!

(Although I loved the shop that was there before, but I love coffee, too :mrgreen:)
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

kmara

yes, that's true, I will miss Buffalo Trading Company....  :(

I will dedicate my first sipp of coffee to BTC!
DLP]

March 1995 - Walt Disney World Florida

Anthony

Starbucks have published an article about the new location on their Ideas in Action blog:

QuoteStarbucks at Disney Village Paris

Have you heard the buzz about the new Starbucks store in France?  On June 20th, we opened a new store in the Disney Village Paris that is truly in a class of its own. It is the first international store to be built using our new design concept that connects our stores to our coffee heritage.  This store is also the 50th Starbucks store in France and marks the 5th anniversary of this important market.

So, what's so special about this new store?  Inspired by artists' studio environments and modern design in Europe in the 1930's, this store is not only beautiful but also includes local materials and green design to enhance the customer experience.  This new store design is part of our effort to have all of our new company-operated stores worldwide certified by the end of 2010 under the U.S. Green Building Council's Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) program. This is a key component contributing to the Starbucks ™ Shared Planet ™ goals in environmental stewardship.

The LEED ® Green Building Rating System evaluates a building on various criteria including energy performance, indoor environmental quality, community connectivity and regional materials.  Accordingly, the innovative design of this store includes the following features:

* Adjustable, low-energy lighting system
    * Mixed-mode HVAC system (mechanical and natural ventilation) saves energy  and makes use of existing building tower feature
    * Large, operable windows provide natural ventilation, ample daylight and fresh indoor air quality
    * Water efficient fixtures in restrooms and bar areas
    * Low emitting materials reduce off-gassing and allow the aroma of our coffee to be the star
    * Salvaged and recycled construction materials & furniture (including reuse of local French wine barrels and authentic champagne riddling racks)
    * Recycling available for customers and store partners
    * Measurement and verification plan to monitor energy and water savings over the life of the store
And even better, concept art:

Why is it we only ever seem to see concept art after something has opened in Paris? :P

dagobert

Nice concept art, but a little bit late. :lol:

Although the the restaurant looks nice inside, I would have prefered some nicer chairs or sofas. Nevertheless I can't wait to have a cup of coffee there.

Do you know where I can find a menu and the prices?

Adam

Nice artwork. For some reason, it reminds me of St Pancras. Not sure why!

never2old

Here are some pics I took on Saturday and Sunday:

Sofa area by the entrance:

Mural at the back:

Everything's green... The counter is made with recycles bits from mobile phones, for example. And this bit from recycled wine barrels!

Kristof

For those who haven't seen the latest Photos Magiques update.  I've uploaded photos of the Buffalo Trading Company store as it was a few months before closure.  Enjoy!  :)

http://www.photosmagiques.com/gallery/d ... ing_co.php

pussinboots

Quote from: "never2old"Everything's green... The counter is made with recycles bits from mobile phones, for example. And this bit from recycled wine barrels!

Great pictures. I really like that sign! And they even used the Obama font. The whole store has an air of smart, young, worldliness. Which is quite a feat considering everything else in the Village.

kmara

Quote from: "Kristof"For those who haven't seen the latest Photos Magiques update.  I've uploaded photos of the Buffalo Trading Company store as it was a few months before closure.  Enjoy!  :)

http://www.photosmagiques.com/gallery/d ... ing_co.php

Thank you!!!  =D>  =D>  =D>  :D
DLP]

March 1995 - Walt Disney World Florida

-breeno-

Wow i have missed a lot in here haven't i?  That's what being busy does to you :P

Anyway the new Starbucks looks really good.  I'm i the only one that thinks the outside looks like an old basket? :lol:  Still though, it looks great.  Same with the inside.

Even though i will miss Buffalo Trading Post (was the best store in the DV in my opinion), i'm glad they did a good job with it's replacement, i was expecting a boring old Starbucks with no theming at all :)
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!