Starbucks Coffee in Disney Village

Started by Kristof, June 11, 2008, 05:18:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giorgio1712

All I can say is WOW!  :shock:

Im really impressed with the lighting. Just adds that extra touch of class to the building. It looks so inviting, all it needs is wi-fi!!

Bravo  =D>

king_spoon_ian

It's no Buffalo Trading Company though, is it?

If I want a coffee, there are loads of places I can go - my hotel at breakfast, for example. Why remove one of the best themed shops in the whole of the village, and replace it with this? Why couldn't they have got rid of one of the weaker shops, that just sells the same stuff? Why get rid of one of the few shops that had a bit of character?

It's really disappointing, this.

Reiana

If you just want coffee, ok, hotels and all the other so called coffeeshops will do the trick BUT if you want good coffee, one has to walk a while for it. There is no such thing like good or very good coffee at Disneyland at the moment.
My husband is a coffeeholic and he refused to drink any coffee during our last stay two weeks ago. I'm no such coffeeholic like my husband and I can live with less strong coffee or tea only easily, but I have to say too, the coffee at Disneyland is horrible.

True a unique shop had to go  :cry: , but there is still the shop at Fontierland.

Kristof

Anthony

Those new windows are stunning. Look at the huuuuge one on the side! Amazing! That's a massive and very expensive change to make.

We need a thumbs up icon just for this project.
- Smart and stylish lighting (tick!)
- Exposed neons on the sign (tick!)
- Extra seats outside (tick!)
Even the metal mermaid has won me over seeing it backlit.

Only thing missing round there is a few plants, ironically.

RnRCj

^Personally I don't think any plants are needed, since the building is green and has wood anyway. I don't think it would add anything. I too love the windows... and the little tables outside... and the lighting!

Epcot_Boy

yep :)  From what I've seen so far it seems to fit in pretty well. A coffee house is a coffee house etc but they've not done a bad job.
I think I'll probably have a few cups there in the near future :)

Epcot_Boy :ears:

David

phantom247

Message from paris

Starbucks opens 8.00am Saturday 20th June some cast members have been lucky to sample some coffees already unfortunatly their will be no Exclusive merchandise but all the construction fences have now been removed.

Be there or be square

smurfy74

im at disney on Tuesday so i will be sure to check this out, cant wait  :D/

never2old

We're going to the Village tomorrow for dinner, can't wait to go into Starbucks!!! This is probably the closest one to home...

Will it open at 8:00 everyday? That would be great !!

kitty

Quote from: "smurfy74"im at disney on Tuesday so i will be sure to check this out, cant wait  :D/
me too, cant wait.  yay :D/

Alice738

Both happy and sad at this, I liked Buffalo Trading because it was near out hotel and was never that busy. It did sell all the same stuff as the shops in Frontierland though :roll: ... But I'm also happy because now I can get a Starbucks Hot Chocolate every morning to warm me up in December :)

esmeralda

I agree, it looks nice. But nevertheless i will truly miss that great Buffalo store!!! Loved it! :cry:  It's just another Starbucks store.. Don't get that hype on coffee...
Julia

Pamani

Have you seen the newest pictures on dlp.info?
Special party opening for invited guests :wink:
/Patrick Nielsen

DLRP:

July 2001 - Cheyenne
July 2002 - Sequoia Lodge
July 2003 - Sequoia Lodge
July 2005 - David Crockett
July 2007 - Sequoia Lodge
July 2008 - Sequoia Lodge
July 2009 - Newport Bay
July 2010 - Sequoia Lodge

HKDL]

Septemper 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

Anthony

The pictures almost look posed with the buzz around it. There do seem to be a few important types swanning around, but you can tell already this will pretty much become the heart of the Village.

Somewhere nicer than McDonalds and more welcoming than Sports Bar where you can just grab a drink and sit down. Finally! I just hope they've got enough bins lined up to deal with the cups.

Hey, they can even do English sign translations properly: http://www.dlp.info/News/wp-content/upl ... cks-02.jpg