Starbucks Coffee in Disney Village

Started by Kristof, June 11, 2008, 05:18:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pussinboots

Quote from: "-breeno-"Wow i have missed a lot in here haven't i?  That's what being busy does to you :P

Anyway the new Starbucks looks really good.  I'm i the only one that thinks the outside looks like an old basket? :lol:  Still though, it looks great.  Same with the inside.

Even though i will miss Buffalo Trading Post (was the best store in the DV in my opinion), i'm glad they did a good job with it's replacement, i was expecting a boring old Starbucks with no theming at all :)

Well it's not really themeing... But it's certainly nicer than the average Starbucks, yes.

smurfy74

We went there twice last week and were extremely impressed, the first 'partner' took our order on a little pda and took our name, then we moved to the till and they took our name which recalled the order on the till, and in the mean time our order had been printed out and stuck on the cups, we paid and then our drinks were ready to collect at the recycled mobile phone end part of the bar, very efficent and the caramel frappuccinos were amazing in the hot weather. The large ( venti ) frappuccinos were about 5 euro which works out about a £1 more than here. The louisianna chicken sandwhich and the pancakes and caramel were scrummy too. Oh and there wasnt any wifi as i checked on my iphone.  =D>  =D>  =D>  =D> from me

Nala_84

Sounds really great that this Starbucks is designed in such an eco-style :)! I have to say that I never go to a Starbucks because I always think it's too expensive for coffee, but I'll definately try it out when we're back at DLRP next year :)!

And thanks for bringing back old memories Kristof.... When looking at those pics, I can still hear the sound of the steps on the wooden floor :(!
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Mrs. Jennes

in my oppinion starbucks is great, but i'm very glad they didn't build it in one of the parcs!
does anyone know if it's more expensive than usual?
and is the buffalo trading also new? i didn't see it before!

A dream comes true the 10th Time in March \'10

Owain

Quote from: "Mrs. Jennes"does anyone know if it's more expensive than usual?

Quote from: "smurfy74"The large ( venti ) frappuccinos were about 5 euro which works out about a £1 more than here. (UK)

So yes it seems that they are abit more exspensive.

Quote from: "Mrs. Jennes"and is the buffalo trading also new? i didn't see it before!

No, i think it had been there a few years now, but someone with abit more knowledge than me can answer the question better  :)

smurfy74

It is more expensive than here in the UK but the prices are the same as the one in Val D'europe so I guess its the rubbish exchange rate that makes it cost more for us brits, I guess the € price would be the same thoughout the eurozone area

Mrs. Jennes

well okay, that's not THAT expensive for a big Resort. I saw subway at Movie Parc here in Germany and everything costs twice the usual price there! That's why i wondered!

pussinboots

Quote from: "Mrs. Jennes"well okay, that's not THAT expensive for a big Resort. I saw subway at Movie Parc here in Germany and everything costs twice the usual price there! That's why i wondered!

That's odd. One of the nice things about chain restaurants is that they charge the same prices everywhere across the nation — which is why the McDonald's on the Champs-Elysees is the only place on that street where you can get a cup of coffee for under €10. (The McD's has probably been joined by a Starbucks now; it's been a few years for me.)

paul

Quote from: "pussinboots"One of the nice things about chain restaurants is that they charge the same prices everywhere across the nation

That doesn't apply to branches that are owned by franchisees rather than the parent company. EG McDonalds franchisees can charge higher prices, not join in with special offers / promotions, etc.

Kristof

Starbucks was officially inaugurated today by Euro Disney CEO Philippe Gas and Starbucks Coffee Company CEO Howard Schultz.  :)

Photo copyright Disney

Anthony

Wow, this is pretty big for Starbucks then.

I wonder if Philippe took him for a drink at Café Cafés?

Anthony

Mickey, Minnie, meet Starbucks:

Photos by Mikecy from the opening here: http://disneycentralplaza.englishboard. ... htm#451755

Reiana

Wow. Seems like it was really a small big event, if even the mouse himself was there for a cup of coffee  :lol:

DanielCraig

what are the prices in there like?

All our wishes
Will
come
True

Mrs. Jennes

@DanielCraig

Quote from: "Owain"
Quote from: "Mrs. Jennes"does anyone know if it's more expensive than usual?

Quote from: "smurfy74"The large ( venti ) frappuccinos were about 5 euro which works out about a £1 more than here. (UK)

So yes it seems that they are abit more exspensive.

:P