Starbucks Coffee in Disney Village

Started by Kristof, June 11, 2008, 05:18:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toonarmylass

i prefer costa coffee, i may also be bias as i am hopefully going to work for them, but even so i still prefer costas

pussinboots

Costa does not exist outside of Britain. It might one day, but until then it's the Starbucks siren that has the world's caffeine junkies in her power, like cartoon characters drawn by clouds of steam forming "come hither" gestures.

But either would be fine -- anything is better than watery Nescafe.

toonarmylass

well as long as i can get a lovely latte ill be quite happy he he he

Dory

Well, I am coffee adict as well, I love big/grande/venti cappuccinos and Starbucks followed by Costa is great. So thumbs up for Starbucks at DLRP. I missed a decent coffee while there last year soooooooooooo

By the way Pussinboots,  Costa have franchises in a few countries - I have been. There is some info: Costa Coffee also has branches in Bahrain, Bulgaria, China, Cyprus, Egypt, Greece, India, Ireland, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Poland, Qatar, Pakistan, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Spain, Syria, Saudi Arabia and United Arab Emirates. Their biggest store in South Asia is at Connaught Place Delhi in inner circle.

As this has been discussed on this thread may I add that, according to the offical Starbucks site - they do not Franchise.

http://investor.starbucks.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=99518&p=irol-IRHome

"Does Starbucks franchise?"
"No, Starbucks does not franchise to individuals. However, in situations in which a master concessionaire or other company controls or can provide improved access to desirable retail space (such as an airport), the Company may consider licensing its operations to such a company.

Well, that is probably too much info for those not interested, but......... don't read it if that is the case. I am a coffee person and read these things :wink:  :nemo:
[size=85]Hi, I\'m Dory
I suffer short term memory loss!
[/i][/size]

pussinboots

Quote from: "Dory"Well, I am coffee adict as well, I love big/grande/venti cappuccinos and Starbucks followed by Costa is great. So thumbs up for Starbucks at DLRP. I missed a decent coffee while there last year soooooooooooo

By the way Pussinboots,  Costa have franchises in a few countries - I have been. There is some info: Costa Coffee also has branches in Bahrain, Bulgaria, China, Cyprus, Egypt, Greece, India, Ireland, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Poland, Qatar, Pakistan, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Spain, Syria, Saudi Arabia and United Arab Emirates. Their biggest store in South Asia is at Connaught Place Delhi in inner circle.

As this has been discussed on this thread may I add that, according to the offical Starbucks site - they do not Franchise.

http://investor.starbucks.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=99518&p=irol-IRHome

"Does Starbucks franchise?"
"No, Starbucks does not franchise to individuals. However, in situations in which a master concessionaire or other company controls or can provide improved access to desirable retail space (such as an airport), the Company may consider licensing its operations to such a company.

Well, that is probably too much info for those not interested, but......... don't read it if that is the case. I am a coffee person and read these things :wink:  :nemo:

Oh, really. Well, I've never been to most of those countries, so that would explain it... But none in France, still. Starbucks is still the more recognized brand, though, certainly in continental Europe, so I'm sure it would attract more people. Perhaps too many (if the Disney Village McDonald's is any indication).

And are you saying DLRP would franchise this hypothetical Starbucks it's getting? Couldn't they just lease the retail space to Starbucks?

Dory

Do not know anything about that and haven't noticed anything on the starbucks site, may be they will licence some company as that is how they operate. It would be great though Starbucks at DLRP -cappuccino, muffins or  fruitscones yammy... I prefer Strabucks to Costa (but both are good) and think that any city,resort and amusments park shoul have one of these.

:nemo:   :D
[size=85]Hi, I\'m Dory
I suffer short term memory loss!
[/i][/size]

penfold12

I read an interesting fact today about Starbucks in France. They are having a bit of a hard time being accepted and want new sites that will aid in the acceptance and growth of the brand. They have 41 sites in France and are just getting the third new director in charge of the brand in 4 years. They are yet to break even in France.

Seems the french havent taken to them fully yet. DLRP appears the ideal location from a business perspective

Beltane

I really hope this is true, proper coffee!

arno-hh

I think it would be great, if there where a new street parallel to the exiting one with many of shops like Star bucks, Subway (!!!!!), espn sports bar and so on....
But please don't destroy the last good points of the disney village!

bye
arno

Remco K.

Disneytheque reports that Starbucks is rumored to go into the location of the Buffalo Trading Company.

Kristof

Quote from: "Remco K."Disneytheque reports that Starbucks is rumored to go into the location of the Buffalo Trading Company.

This was already reported weeks ago by Kinoo on this message board (see first post of this topic).

Remco K.

Quote from: "raptor1982"This was already reported weeks ago by Kinoo on this message board (see first post of this topic).
Well, this brings up two facts to the light...

- I need to check my eyes again... ;)

- Disneytheque sure posted some old news than! :shock:

Sorry for the miscommunication. :)

Kristof

Hehe no prob!  Proves that the magicforum is thé place for the latest information...  Well almost... :twisted:  :lol:

Kuzco

I would feel sorry to see the Buffalo Trading Company go. I would rather see a complete new building for Starbucks (and thus expanding the Village), but that would probably be too expensive. But in my opinion, the Village really needs some expansion. At night the place is really crowded. Some new streets with new stores would be very welcome.
No touchy!

dlrp-mad

:| Oh dear, I'm seeing red here.

a) Don't get rid of Buffalo Bill's trading co, it would be an awful shame. As posted earlier, the amount of de-themeing would simply become cataclysmic! :(, very sad to hear that.

b) Even worse....Starbucks?! Pah, at least replace it with something decent. I mean, don't get me wrong, a nice coffee place would be pleasant but Starbucks is awful in comparison to other company's like Costa for example.

dlrp-mad :mickey2:

dlrp trips:Debut] August 2006 - Sequoia Lodge December 2007 - Disneyland Hotel July 2008 - Newport Bay Club