Starbucks Coffee in Disney Village

Started by Kristof, June 11, 2008, 05:18:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toonarmylass

[quote="Javey74]   They would have been better with Costa Coffee all along in my opinion, and that's saying something as I stopped drinking coffee about 17 months ago, and a lot better for it.. :wink:  :mrgreen:[/quote]

hear hear COSTA ROX okay i may be bias as thats who pays my wages but in all honesty i do prefer costa to starbucks anyday

paul

Quote from: "smurfy74"the one in the champs elysee is very similar, although these are grand buildings so are probably protected in some way.

Yeah theres some rule about keeping the old style look along the champs elysee... it has meant that the McDonalds there is the only one in the world (apparently) without the yellow "M" on the front of the building.

smurfy74

have they nearly finished the store???? and have they taken down the wild west bits and bobs hanging above the door???

cap'njack

I was there (camera-less) yesterday and they have removed all of the signs above the door and they erected green fences around where Buffalo Traders used to be and they *seemed* to have started work only on Tuesday.

kaysha

I asked to the employes of  Starbucks in  Val D'europe, it seems that Disney Village's Starbucks will open in September. Of course it's not a 100% sure information...

pussinboots

Quote from: "kaysha"I asked to the employes of  Starbucks in  Val D'europe, it seems that Disney Village's Starbucks will open in September. Of course it's not a 100% sure information...

It seems to me that wouldn't make much economic sense. These chain restaurants usually take no more than a few weeks to turn a beloved Mom 'N' Pop store into a Burger King — why would Starbucks keep this place closed for eight months?

kaysha

I agree with you, I was surprised by this information. And particularly knowing that summer is the most important season for DLRP  :-k .

Maarten

Quote from: "pussinboots"
Quote from: "kaysha"I asked to the employes of  Starbucks in  Val D'europe, it seems that Disney Village's Starbucks will open in September. Of course it's not a 100% sure information...

It seems to me that wouldn't make much economic sense. These chain restaurants usually take no more than a few weeks to turn a beloved Mom 'N' Pop store into a Burger King — why would Starbucks keep this place closed for eight months?

I assume it will open in April or May like someone mentioned before. I for one can't wait for Starbucks.  :wink:

never2old

What's the status on Starbucks? Any news on when it will open?

toonarmylass

hope its not open when i go!! lol go COSTA !!!!

Anthony

Quote from: "toonarmylass"hope its not open when i go!! lol go COSTA !!!!
If this battle needs to continue, can it do so in Blue Lagoon or somewhere? :lol:

Couldn't see any change with the building. Still not officially confirmed by either party.

toonarmylass

ohhhhhhhhh ok then anthony i'll stop he he he

Martyn

Like I mentioned in the other topic, I'm not very pleased about this move.

Starbucks is an everyday kind of place, that you can find pretty much on every high street in the world, and I dont want the Village to start feeling like any old high street.

Buffalo Trading had a nice 'Disney' feel to it, Starbucks wont.

Is it replacing the 'tex mex buffet' restraunt? Or just the souviner shop?

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Martyn"Like I mentioned in the other topic, I'm not very pleased about this move.

Starbucks is an everyday kind of place, that you can find pretty much on every high street in the world, and I dont want the Village to start feeling like any old high street.

Buffalo Trading had a nice 'Disney' feel to it, Starbucks wont.

Is it replacing the 'tex mex buffet' restraunt? Or just the souviner shop?

Just the souvenir shop. And I agree with what you are saying, add starbucks, along with McDonalds already there, and it's less Disney - more reality :roll:

luke85

Does anyone have any pictures of the construction? I'm surprised there haven't been any yet!