Starbucks Coffee in Disney Village

Started by Kristof, June 11, 2008, 05:18:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soap

Quote from: "-breeno-"
Quote from: "Owain"
Quote from: "-breeno-"Never been into a Starbucks before, i've heard they are good (and heard they are bad by a certain dragon ;) ) but i'd probably have to try it to judge for myself, don't drink coffee anyway :P  Hope they try and do at least a bit of theming on the place, having an average Starbucks that you would see anywhere in an area with highly themed stuff like Rainforest Cafe and King Ludwigs won't look right at all IMO :?

Offtopic, BREENO ! Youve never been to starbucks !?  :shock:
Ive never had there coffee as im not big on coffee. But you should try there Frappuccino's. There so nice !, I prefer the plain vanilla frappuccino  :)

Disadvantage of not living near a city, you miss out on all the good places like Starbucks :P  I have no idea where the closest one to me is, probably Belfast, a good 80 miles away :P

Well i can tell you that they don't got that problem in Thailand!
In almost every town or village there was a Starbucks  :roll:

Would love to see a Starbucks in DV or at least another good coffeeshop :)
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Kinou

Opening Date scheduled for April.
Hug it out bitch !

Jens

Thanks for the info Kinou. Are there plans to build a new shop with Buffalo Bill related stuff inside the Buffalo Wild West Show's building?

dagobert

I'm really happy that there will be a Starbucks at Disney Village. Although I like the Nescafe at DLRP, it will be great to get a real cup of coffee.

I fell in love with Starbucks in the US last year. We had our own Starbucks on our university campus and I was there nearly every day. Unfortunately we don't have Starbucks in Austria, except in Vienna.

Kuzco

Quote from: "Kinou"Opening Date scheduled for April.

That's too late for me .... :(
No touchy!

phantom247

Buffalo Trading Company store is no more from today stock removal starts this morning and I assume may reapear in Fronteerland very soon Cast Members will be realicated possitions in the shops Disney, Disney Village and would assume shopfitting will start in earnest by next monday morning but it would have been much better if it was a french Cafe with bakery but oh well we can't have everything so we will welcome Starbucks in DV over the next few months.

cap'njack

Quote from: "Kinou"Opening Date scheduled for April.

Just in time for my May trip then  :D/

Kuzco

If it's not open by the end of March, we'll be going to the Val 'd Europe Starbucks... That's just the way it has to be then ;)
No touchy!

davewasbaloo

Boooo!!!!
since 2001 (many before that)

Parkfisch

I like Starbucks in Austria, because it's smokefree. In many other countries everything is smokefree (including France). In Italy I was really glad I didn't have to go to McDonald's or Starbucks for that reason. But anyway: Disney is a place to eat fastfood und although all the other restaurants are smoke free too, I'm looking forward to visit Starbucks at Disney Village. I think it'll become a nice place for a little (or a little bit longer :wink: ) break. And it's cheaper than other restaurants.

Aveen2008

I think this is a good idea in some respects as so many people would luv to sit and have a coffee or tea but I think it may just become overcrowded in such a popular destination, plus I doubt that the starbucks will allow itself to be Disney themed and therefore I don't think it will be a great addition to the Disney villiage.
Luv Aveen xoxo

Javey74

Well I didn't agree with the proposal when this thread was started, and reading on from there I still don't.  What was Disney thinking of.. :roll:  

As far as I'm concerned it's Starbuck's trying to make a buck and that's it... :roll:  :|

Rubbish.. [-(

smurfy74

we will have to wait just a little longer to see what starbucks do with the store, but i feel it is a great addition to the village, i am soooo looking forward to them arriving. And im sure starbucks will want to make money from the outlet  :D/  :D/  :D/

Anthony

Quote from: "Javey74"As far as I'm concerned it's Starbuck's trying to make a buck and that's it... :roll:  :|
Aren't most of the places in Disney Village out to make money?

Whether it's Disney themed or not, Starbucks usually do a good, tasteful job with their interiors, which is more than can be said for McDonald's or the recent Cafe Mickey extension.

I'm interested to know if EDL-I are having any input though. They have done in the past...

Javey74

Quote from: "Anthony"
Quote from: "Javey74"As far as I'm concerned it's Starbuck's trying to make a buck and that's it... :roll:  :|
Aren't most of the places in Disney Village out to make money?
Well, that is true, it's just I don't like Starbucks, to me it's one of those annoying coffee bars that seem to be popping up all over the place, rather like McDonalds.  Talking of McDonalds, and as mentioned in the report below, Starbucks coffee was so bad it couldn't even beat McDonalds in a blind taste test..   :roll:  :lol:  :roll:

Here's a report by Alex Goya I came across :wink:

QuoteDo we really want 'coffee' to be synonymous with 'Starbucks'? Some people seem to think so. Apparently some people don't mind corporate America swinging its commercial hammer into their face at every strip mall in every city. Yeah, maybe I have a bit of an anti-corporate streak, but a distaste for the big shots (and coffee so bad it couldn't even beat McDonalds in a blind taste test by Consumer Reports) is hardly the only reasons to avoid Starbucks.

Starbucks officially refers to all employees as "partners" in order to make sure that the whole world knows how swell they treat their workforce. On its own website, Starbucks claims one of its six decision-making guidelines is to "Provide a great work environment and treat each other with respect and dignity." What a load of crap. If Starbucks is really interested in treating its "partners" with" dignity and respect" then why does it get so upset when they try to form unions? In 2004 Starbucks employees in one New York shop attempted to create a Starbucks Worker's Union to address complaints about poverty level wages, irregular hours and poor working conditions. Two employees were fired for union activities and several more reported threats and bribe attempts from the company. After a lawsuit was filed with the National Labour Relations Board against Starbucks, the corporation was forced to settle with the union to avoid the image crippling PR. Starbucks reversed many earlier anti-union decisions but of coarse denied any wrongdoing. None the less, Starbucks is still convinced that workers shouldn't have the right to organize, and an almost identical case is pending in Michigan.

The myth that Starbucks provides great benefits and work environment is equally untrue. Health insurance is an area that Starbucks is supposed to be so great at, but do you know who beats Starbucks here? Wal-Mart. Indeed, the company so famous for scr****g its employees out of benefits actually provides health care for a greater percentage of its employees than Starbucks does. Furthermore, health coverage is only available to those employees that work a certain number of hours a quarter, and Starbucks refuses to guarantee its baristas full time status or a set number of hours. Couple that with absurdly low wages and Starbucks isn't nearly the deal that many thought.

Starbucks claims to support the coffee-growing regions and workers there. They've even gone so far as to implement their own "fair practices" certification program for sellers called the Starbucks Coffee and Farmer Equity Practices (C.A.F.E. Practices). So I find it quite absurd that many plantations (for instance, the Gemadro plantation in Ethiopia) Starbucks handed the C.A.F.E certification to were never, you know, inspected by anyone from Starbucks to meet their own criteria. Many of the workers at the Gemadro plantation were found to be making about 66 cents per day, below what the U.S. State Department considers a livable wage.
Starbucks isn't evil, just greedy. They're a corporation, and will act in a way that corporations do. They will market themselves in a way that appeals to people. In this case what they are taking advantage of is their customers' socially conscious nature in an effort to drive sales. Starbucks is an exceptionally successful company, and yet the only people involved that really benefit from that is the upper management. That's the way it is in big business, so let's not pretend that this company is singing a different tune.

• Alex Goya drinks battery acid with milk and sugar.
There's plenty more where that came from.. :roll:  They would have been better with Costa Coffee all along in my opinion, and that's saying something as I stopped drinking coffee about 17 months ago, and a lot better for it.. :wink:  :mrgreen: