Accessibility — disability passes, questions, tips

Started by Kristof, August 21, 2005, 07:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangarnold

Out of curiosity I have a doctors sick note, will that be classed as proof?

nathalie

No, if it's like a sick-note that we get over here, it only sais a date till when you are sick, and if or not you can leave the house due to illness / surgery.

It must be a letter that states what is wrong, and what you can't do.

orangarnold

Mine does say that I can stand or walk for long periods of time, I'm struggling at the minute but normally I'm fine which doesn't help

tinkswishes

Quote from: orangarnold on September 25, 2013, 11:28:22 AM

Yes that is enough we have used just a "sick note" on 4 trips.

orangarnold

Quote from: tinkswishes on September 26, 2013, 11:50:15 PM
Quote from: orangarnold on September 25, 2013, 11:28:22 AM

Yes that is enough we have used just a "sick note" on 4 trips.

Thanks, just with it being so damp my arthritis makes my knee just lock or give way sometimes. I really hope its dry when I go

merlin

Hi everyone just wondering if anyone has any experience with disabled parking.
Quick insight to my query
We are driving and stopping at dcr.
My mother has trouble standing and walking for more than a couple of minutes so she has bought herself an electric scooter.
We took it with us on our last trip and had to push her from Disney to main car park most evenings as the battery had gone at the end of a long day.
On our last day on our last trip we noticed the disabled parking right next to the Disney hotel.
So my question is she hasn't got a blue badge over here so would a doctors letter stating she has diabetes plus other complications and has great trouble walking even short distances
She is not some one who goes on rides but parking closer would save her battery and my back:)
Any advice would be gratefully recieved.

lauralouisemidwinter

Does anyone know, if you can get the passes for Mentally Ill people and if you can, how do you go about this, I.E what do I have to get from the doctors and what do I have to do when I get to Disney.
Thankyou in advance :)
Laura Louise

My yesterday is your today, My today is your tomorrow.

DLP - 2011 - May/June - Santa Fe
DLP - 2012 - February - Santa Fe - VERY COLD
DLP - 2013 - March - Santa Fe
DLP - 2014 - September Santa Fe - CAN'T WAIT

tinkswishes

Quote from: lauralouisemidwinter on September 29, 2013, 05:45:19 PM
Does anyone know, if you can get the passes for Mentally Ill people and if you can, how do you go about this, I.E what do I have to get from the doctors and what do I have to do when I get to Disney.
Thankyou in advance :)

Yes you can. You need a letter off a medical professional stating your have a mental illness .

uspablo

Hi everyone!
We are on the resort this month on the 17th-18th and we can sponsor up to 6 people, so if anyone is around those days and want a 10% discount in their AP please let me know  ;)
Cheers

orangarnold

I was given a green pass when I went this weekend and the staff were brilliant with me and really helpful. Couldn't fault the system in anyway.

gemma2806

Hi All, hope you can help.

My family and I are booked to go to DLP on the 24th November for 7 days. Unfortunately my partner has over the last month started to suffer from sciatica and back pain. He is currently undergoing physiotherapy and has been told by the doctor he is at present unable to work. He is adamant that he is still going on holiday as he can walk quite far and can sit comfortably for short spells of time. The problem he finds is if he stands still for too long or without support his back locks and he gets worse pain.

Would he be able to get a pass to save him having to wait in the queues or queuing areas? If so what information do you think the doctor would need to supply to prove his problem? We're both hoping that he is able to make a full recovery before we go as we still have 40 sleeps but if this doesn't happen what if any sort of pass would he be able to ask for?

We've never had a problem like this before and so don't know any information about this! Also we are not able to cancel or change the holiday as the doctor said that he would have no problem flying given that he can easily and comfortably sit down! Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks x

orangarnold

Quote from: gemma2806 on October 15, 2013, 11:31:20 PM

My family and I are booked to go to DLP on the 24th November for 7 days. Unfortunately my partner has over the last month started to suffer from sciatica and back pain. He is currently undergoing physiotherapy and has been told by the doctor he is at present unable to work. He is adamant that he is still going on holiday as he can walk quite far and can sit comfortably for short spells of time. The problem he finds is if he stands still for too long or without support his back locks and he gets worse pain.

Would he be able to get a pass to save him having to wait in the queues or queuing areas? If so what information do you think the doctor would need to supply to prove his problem? We're both hoping that he is able to make a full recovery before we go as we still have 40 sleeps but if this doesn't happen what if any sort of pass would he be able to ask for?

We've never had a problem like this before and so don't know any information about this! Also we are not able to cancel or change the holiday as the doctor said that he would have no problem flying given that he can easily and comfortably sit down! Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks x

I have arthritis in my knees, and beginning to get it in my hips, and I am very much a similar boat to your husband and sympathise so much. On bad days I use a stick to walk with, and my latest trip was a bad day.

I had a doctors note (just the normal one like for being signed off sick from work) saying that I can't stand or walk for long without being in discomfort. I took that to city hall and I was given the green pass, and a stamp to cover the amount of people I was with to come on rides with me. I don't know the colour system but I think the green pass is the one that allows your full party on rides with you at the disabled entrance. All the staff were brilliant and took a lot of care and attention with me. I am sure they will be happy to help.

Good luck!

cazspence

Quote from: gemma2806 on October 15, 2013, 11:31:20 PM

Thanks x

I have exactly the same problem, and twice now my doctor has written a letter for me saying that I have a back problem that causes me pain if I have to stand for any length of time and that I am receiving treatment for this in the uk. I always only get the orange easy access pass. It only covers me plus 1. But saves me queuing so is a big help.

gemma2806

Thanks both for your replies it's really appreciated as I was worrying how he'd cope if it hasn't ease by the time we go away.

Our party consists only of myself, partner and our 4 year old so I'm hoping that they would cover all of us on any pass if it was needed.

I'll let you know what happens when I write up my trip report once we get back.

Thanks again for your help x

nathalie

If you get the orange card, be prepared that only 1 person can join the person with the card, regardless of little kids being involved.
(some tend to bend the rules, some do not)