Accessibility — disability passes, questions, tips

Started by Kristof, August 21, 2005, 07:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chloe-o

thanks :) i had an appointment with the doctor this afternoon and talked through all my concerns and gave him my 5 page letter lol he seemed to understand my worries even though i'm overthinking it.He can take from it what he will and Fingers crossed he writes what we need in the letter, at the very least it will state her autism diagnosis etc.
I seriously never knew i was such a control freak until planning this trip to Disneyland - and that includes planning my wedding in 8 weeks last year! I think when life with an autistic child can be so unpredictable you feel like you need to organize, plan and control everything you can to try and minimize anxiety to them and the chances of a "melt down".

thats what i'm telling myself anyway! :)

Bear84

Is there still a 10% discount on AP's for those with disabilities? and do carers still go free?

toonarmylass

carers do go free as i was offered that type of pass for my son when i bought our dream passes, but i opted for the dream pass so i could emh as well!

zara-x

When you say carers go free, is that possible to book in advance or do you have to buy these tickets on the day when you arrive? We are thinking of investing in an annual pass for our family which includes my younger sister who has autism and uses a wheelchair. Does anyone know how this would work with the free carer and annual pass?
Faith, trust and a little bit of pixie dust...

toonarmylass

they wouldnt give me an annual pass they just said i would go free.sorry i cant help more

Bear84

Quote from: "toonarmylass"carers do go free as i was offered that type of pass for my son when i bought our dream passes, but i opted for the dream pass so i could emh as well!

Thank you, does the carer need to get a one day ticket each day the person with disabled AP goes in or do you tell them you're there for however many days (say 3) and you're given a pass for that amount of days?

toonarmylass

im not sure i would assume if u wanted a 4 day pass they would give the carer a 4 day pass also! but also dont forget ypur doctors letter or other type of evidence for the easypass!!

zara-x

Thanks! Does anyone else know anything more about carers going free in conjunction with annual passes?  :)
Faith, trust and a little bit of pixie dust...

toonarmylass

no hun u dont get a free dream pass at all. thats why i bought one!!

chickadee84

can you only rent the normal wheelchairs or are the electric ones over there?

alperry

Hi.  When we were in disney (august) they said that if you buy a disabled park ticket (ie 1,2,3 day) then they will give you an equivalent carers ticket for the same length of time.  If you get an annual passport (with 10% discount if disabled) then each day you visit go to guest services and they will give you a carers ticket for that day, have to do it each day though.

Hope that helps.

isobeljackmummy

My son has autism, and will have problems queuing due to anxiety etc. does anyone have experience of what type of pass if any we will be entitled to?

What will I need to take with me?

Also we are a family of 4, will we all be able to accompany him?

Thanks for any help!

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "isobeljackmummy"My son has autism, and will have problems queuing due to anxiety etc. does anyone have experience of what type of pass if any we will be entitled to?

Thanks for any help!

You need a Doctors letter, medical certificate or blue badge. Dated within 3 months of your trip.

I'm sure you will all be able to accompany him. Just ask at City Hall when you go in for your pass.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

isobeljackmummy

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"
Quote from: "isobeljackmummy"My son has autism, and will have problems queuing due to anxiety etc. does anyone have experience of what type of pass if any we will be entitled to?

Thanks for any help!

You need a Doctors letter, medical certificate or blue badge. Dated within 3 months of your trip.

I'm sure you will all be able to accompany him. Just ask at City Hall when you go in for your pass.

Thank you

polar vixen

Hi, not sure if it was just in our case, but our diagnosis letter was older than 3 months, and it didn't make a difference ( with autism not being something that goes away I can't see why there'd be a time expiration on it?)  They let all of my family on my sons disabled pass ( 2 adults with 3 children), but I've been told this can vary depending on who you deal with at city hall.  You can still use the pass if you need to do parent swop, so when the ride was only suitable for 4, he'd go round with 1 parent and 1 sibling, then when he came back go round again with the other 2.