Disney Village Expansion/Improvements

Started by Kristof, August 21, 2005, 02:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "phantom247"By the end of the year Earl of sandwich preperations for construction should begin with the lake area nearest Steakhouse and the dome being filled in.

Thanks for the info Phantom :)

davewasbaloo

And Maarten's back too!  Awesome.

Sorry to hear that Maarten, we did not venture to the hotel area last trip (Marriott offers a much better quality experience for us).  But the parks were in better condition than I have seen them for a long time. The 15th started the ball rolling, but our trip in May, every attraction was in great order, and finally the Labrynth had been properly refurbed.
since 2001 (many before that)

davewasbaloo

Last year, our experience of the Hotel New York was less than stellar, but the Disneyland Hotel was in great condition. Sad really, the HNY used to be awesome.

Timbo

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Agreed, a lot of these newbies really don't know what they are missing, and wonder why some of us get so grumpy.
I know exactly what you mean, although I think I might be the oldest member on here !!!! :( I am closer to fifty than forty now !!

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Timbo"
Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Agreed, a lot of these newbies really don't know what they are missing, and wonder why some of us get so grumpy.
I know exactly what you mean, although I think I might be the oldest member on here !!!! :( I am closer to fifty than forty now !!

Lol, I meant newbies to the Disney park experience. But fwiw, you always sound very young and vibrant in your posts Timbo!

Timbo

Thanks for the ego boost !! ,Davewasbaloo .The first couple of years of DLP were truly magical , as was WDW many years ago, shame so many people never saw it like that !

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Timbo"Thanks for the ego boost !! ,Davewasbaloo .The first couple of years of DLP were truly magical , as was WDW many years ago, shame so many people never saw it like that !

Agreed, hardly any of the resorts are what they were. The closest are California and Tokyo because they have a huge local fanbase that will not put up with having less. Look at DCA, they tried to do something on the cheap, it didn't fly, so now they are investing the same amount of money they used to build the place to enhance it further.

Don't get me started on WDW. Overall, I would still rather go to DLP than WDW anyday.

Quark

Awww, don't be so harsh with WDW - the Magic Kingdom sucks, but I still love Epcot - I think it's still one of the best theme parks in the world, and even the new things like Mission: Space or Soaring are perfect fits.

I have never been to any theme park that felt as "mature", and I love it for that...

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Quark"Awww, don't be so harsh with WDW - the Magic Kingdom sucks, but I still love Epcot - I think it's still one of the best theme parks in the world, and even the new things like Mission: Space or Soaring are perfect fits.

I have never been to any theme park that felt as "mature", and I love it for that...

Call me a big kid, but between the sucky MK, the red necks and the weather, I am not a huge fan. Add the poor value hotels and commute across property, although we enjoy ourselves, not a huge fan anymore. To me the DL/DLP experience is the heart of Disney and WDW really lacks that.

However, Epcot and DAK are amazing and the only reason we go. DCA used to have some of the mature feel of Epcot, but sadly they are ripping that out as more and more toons move in.

Quark

Hm - for me it's the opposite. Between all of the chain-smoking and queue jumping French who treat it as "their" parks since the "Euro" was dropped from the name, I'm really not such a big fan anymore. It used to be great when there really WERE people from all over Europe in the earlier years, but for my taste it has tipped distinctly towards the chauvinistic French direction.

Don't get me wrong, I love France and the French - it's just the wrong type of people in the parks I feel.

Poor value hotels at WDW - don't get me started about Paris :D

I think we can agree on the "proper" Disneyland, though. I never thought that it could be that different, but it really STILL is a magical place. And I definitely need to give Tokyo a try - maybe next year...

davewasbaloo

I hear you. THough when I can stay at the fab Marriott closer to the parks than Davy Crockett, that's cool in my books. And agreed, though DLP is not what it was in the early years, it is still miles better than the MK. But yep, if DL were closer, I would stop bothering with DLP too.

kmara

davewasbaloo and quark:
I have been following your conversation very interested, because I know what you are talking about when you mention the early spell of DLP. It was extraordinairy wonderful and that was exactly what got me hooked.
What I found equally interesting are your comparisons between all the Disneyparks, since I haven't been able to see any of them except WDW, but that was with a huge group of exchange students and visiting a Disneypark like that when you are such a huge addict like I am was horrible!  :?

and since I won't be able to see any other parks in the nearer and farer future, I love reading your coments because it gives me an opportunity to share into it a little bit. Thanks!
DLP]

March 1995 - Walt Disney World Florida

disneyfreak90

Quote from: "Maarten"I do miss the stage and the lights between the columns. Why did they ever remove them anyway?
i'm missing them too :(

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "kmara"davewasbaloo and quark:
I have been following your conversation very interested, because I know what you are talking about when you mention the early spell of DLP. It was extraordinairy wonderful and that was exactly what got me hooked.
What I found equally interesting are your comparisons between all the Disneyparks, since I haven't been able to see any of them except WDW, but that was with a huge group of exchange students and visiting a Disneypark like that when you are such a huge addict like I am was horrible!  :?

and since I won't be able to see any other parks in the nearer and farer future, I love reading your coments because it gives me an opportunity to share into it a little bit. Thanks!

Thank you kmara. I have been wondering about leaving the Disney web communities lately because I think that would make people happier and be less of a drain on my time. But when I read things like this, it makes me rethink.

My negative posts are not for the fun of it. They are intended to get people to stop and think, and voice their opinion with guest relations if they have a concern. And also, when the Disney folks read the boards (which I know they do), I hope they stop and think (for example with the new refurbs).

And I will compliament Disney if they get it right (for example I was the first to share the refurb pics of the Labrynth, as well as maxing my delights about last halloween's celebrations).

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"
Quote from: "kmara"davewasbaloo and quark:

Thank you kmara. I have been wondering about leaving the Disney web communities lately because I think that would make people happier and be less of a drain on my time. But when I read things like this, it makes me rethink.

My negative posts are not for the fun of it. They are intended to get people to stop and think, and voice their opinion with guest relations if they have a concern. And also, when the Disney folks read the boards (which I know they do), I hope they stop and think (for example with the new refurbs).

And I will compliament Disney if they get it right (for example I was the first to share the refurb pics of the Labrynth, as well as maxing my delights about last halloween's celebrations).

DONT LEAVE !!!! I really enjoy reading your posts. I find it really refreshing that you dont see Disney through rose-tinted glasses. Apart from my one visit to WDW in'88, I've only visited the parks from 2004-present. So if you say Disney ain't what it used to be, then I'll take your word for it  :)