Sleeping Beauty Castle - 2011 refurbishment

Started by Remco K., March 01, 2008, 11:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

never2old

Quote from: "Martyn"I certinaly hope they aren't going to change it all. I can just see Pixar plastered all over it :lol:

Maybe they'll finally take down Tinkerbell and replace her with Buzz  :lol:  :lol:

Riebi

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Just hope they use the old color scheme and not this pink barbie plastic one. But maybe that´s to much to dream.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

dagobert

Quote from: "Riebi":lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Just hope they use the old color scheme and not this pink barbie plastic one. But maybe that´s to much to dream.

That would be great, but I think that's too much to dream. Hopefully the will remove Tinkerbell!!! I can't wait to see the castle in its old glory.

Anthony

Maybe the picture window will be replaced once and for all with Mickey Mouse. :P

There'll be some complex backstory involving Aurora and a friendly rodent she met in the forest to back it up.

Riebi

Quote from: "dagobert"

That would be great, but I think that's too much to dream. Hopefully the will remove Tinkerbell!!! I can't wait to see the castle in its old glory.

Maybe they just want to make it a bit more modern and more fitting for families. For this mickey mouse will be a good start. But I think they should involve toy story and the disney princesses more. Maybe they could give every turret a diffrent toy story color and all the lonely grey walls a luscious pink to make a new shiny "Mickey Mouse present the toy story meets disney princesses castle". They could even sell little dresses on the bridge! ...just a dream away! :mrgreen:

But back to topic  :D

What I liked much at the old color scheme is that it looked like a "real" fantasy castle and not like another setting for little girls or barbie.

They should simply go again back to the story and back to sleeping beauty (sorry tink but that´s not your story).

dagobert

Does someone know what's going to happen with the castle? Will Disney just refurbish just the outside or the inside, like the shops and the dragon as well? Hopefully Disney will use a printed cover for the refurbishment, like they did on Main Street.

I really hope that the castle will not be as pink as it is now. Like Riebi said, it looks a bit like a Barbie Castle.

Spacemtuk

I know everyone is saying this big refurbishment begins in Jan but honestly it is such a cold month with the potential of snow and ice and sub-zero temperatures are they really going to build scaffolding around the castle and have workers up their painting, fixing roofs etc etc in those conditions, I honestly don't think they will....if this rehab is a full scale one I believe they may use Jan,Feb to perhaps complete the base of the castle (like they did at WDW where they covered the scaffolding with a printed scrim of the castle walls) you couldn't even notice it at first glance or even start from inside the castle and once the cold months are over begin the exterior rehab

Is there no official confirmation of this from DLRP? I know we have a few emails floating around from guest services but does DLRP not release its rehab schedule like WDW and DLR do? I am thinking of booking a trip for early Jan (the week after the xmas celebration ends) I think the castle should be fine still I can't imagine they would cover the entire thing in a week and then leave it like that until the summer

Tuvok

Quote from: "Spacemtuk"I know everyone is saying this big refurbishment begins in Jan but honestly it is such a cold month with the potential of snow and ice and sub-zero temperatures are they really going to build scaffolding around the castle and have workers up their painting, fixing roofs etc etc in those conditions, I honestly don't think they will....if this rehab is a full scale one I believe they may use Jan,Feb to perhaps complete the base of the castle (like they did at WDW where they covered the scaffolding with a printed scrim of the castle walls) you couldn't even notice it at first glance or even start from inside the castle and once the cold months are over begin the exterior rehab

Is there no official confirmation of this from DLRP? I know we have a few emails floating around from guest services but does DLRP not release its rehab schedule like WDW and DLR do? I am thinking of booking a trip for early Jan (the week after the xmas celebration ends) I think the castle should be fine still I can't imagine they would cover the entire thing in a week and then leave it like that until the summer

They only release refurb info to the public regarding actual attractions and shows, not decorations like the castle (or Captain Hook's ship for that matter). DLP has confirmed that there will be visual intrusion in january right after the christmas season ends, so yes, you can expect scarfolding. Maybe not around the entire caste, but at least part of it will not be visible.
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

Anthony

Latest official closures list has La Taniere du Dragon down from 14th February and then right through March, so it looks like this is definitely getting started. (Never thought I'd see the day!)

Martyn

What was the old colour scheme?

Festival Disney

Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Martyn

I dont think it looks that bad. If anything, it looks really faded in that old pic.

Riebi

The old color scheme was much more realistic. It had diffrent shading and tonality. Similar to the shading that we can find in front lot. For the torrets pikes: I like the new more golden torret pikes more. But the more salmon-like colors combined with the more stonelike colors for the "stone-parts" of the castle were much nearer to a castle where someone can live than the pink barbie house. I like both castles but I like the one more cause it was the more real disney magic less "Disney Princess Brand" one.

Emylicious

I'm going the last week of January so I hope they haven't made too many changed to the castle by then, I'd love to get a picture with the castle before whatever changes are made to it.

Though it can be annoying to have it scaffolded up, I'm so pleased Disney is finally going to refurb the castle, it is the focal point of the parks, and so photographed, can't wait to see it all newly painted and fresh.

dagobert

Quote from: "Emylicious"I'm going the last week of January so I hope they haven't made too many changed to the castle by then, I'd love to get a picture with the castle before whatever changes are made to it.

Though it can be annoying to have it scaffolded up, I'm so pleased Disney is finally going to refurb the castle, it is the focal point of the parks, and so photographed, can't wait to see it all newly painted and fresh.

Hopefully you will get a nice picture of the castle. That's a little bit annoying that Disney doesn't list the castle on the refurbishment list released to the guests. I know the castle is not a ride, but it's an attraction people want to see. So it would be nice to plan a trip without the refurbishment. Maybe Disney thinks that guests will not come until the refurb is completed.