Sleeping Beauty Castle - 2011 refurbishment

Started by Remco K., March 01, 2008, 11:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

carrydee38

Quote from: "Festival Disney"
Quote from: "fly_with_me_dumbo"hi i'd read the castle was going to be refurbed over halloween and xmas on here. I emailed the park and they replied with
QuoteThank you for your email.

I kindly inform you that for the moment, we are only aware of refurbishments up to September and therefore have no information concerning Christmas. However it does seem unlikely the Castle will be in refurbishment at such a time, especially as the bridge has been recently refurbished. As we receive refurbishment lists around 3 months before, please recontact us in 3 months to check on this matter.

Kindest regards,

I shared this on another board but thought id put it on here for anyone else who'd read it was being refurbed
so happy, this email is good enough for me  =D>

there you go wonder what the story is....

Found this in a different thread  :?

smurfy74

the weather at the beginning part of the year isnt the best to do refurb work in to me 9 months sounds about right for such a mammoth task - im with littlemermaid83 on this one

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "smurfy74"the weather at the beginning part of the year isnt the best to do refurb work in to me 9 months sounds about right for such a mammoth task - im with littlemermaid83 on this one

:thumbs:  

Marc at guest services has never given me wrong information before so I'm sticking with his information being correct.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Donald-Duck-Malta

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"
Quote from: "smurfy74"the weather at the beginning part of the year isnt the best to do refurb work in to me 9 months sounds about right for such a mammoth task - im with littlemermaid83 on this one

Marc at guest services has never given me wrong information before so I'm sticking with his information being correct.

Im going to be there on the 5th  :thumbs:  1 day after you arrive hehe.

Hilary

Although it says in teeny writing that images in the brochure are "not contractual", the fact remains that in the latest official brochure, there's a great big photo of the "ice" castle, and it's referred to in the description of the Christmas season.  

It's become such an iconic image - I'm sure they'll do all they can to keep it on view at Christmas.

littlemermaid83

I have some good news for us Halloween and Christmas folk.

My new lovely friend Marc from guest services sent me this today.

QuoteGood morning!

?? ??We finally have all the information concerning this refurbishment.??

??Even if the refurbishment will start on october 04th, the visual impact will start in January;
meaning that for Halloween and Christmas, the guests will not be affected for this.

?? ??Hope you will have a great time in Disneyland Paris with our beautiful castle!!!!?? ??

Have a magical day,?

Marc
Guest Care Team

Disneyland Paris

Posting this from my blackberry so excuse the bad paragraphs lol.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Donald-Duck-Malta

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"I have some good news for us Halloween and Christmas folk.

QuoteGood morning!

??Even if the refurbishment will start on october 04th, the visual impact will start in January;
meaning that for Halloween and Christmas, the guests will not be affected for this.

?? ??Hope you will have a great time in Disneyland Paris with our beautiful castle!!!!?? ??

Have a magical day,?

Marc
Guest Care Team

Disneyland Paris

HAHA WOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I LOVE YOU LITTLE MERMAID! :oops:  :D  :D  :D

Hilary

Excellent news!  Thanks for the update.

littlemermaid83

Glad to share some good news with you all.  I feel for those going in January onwards to July.  I hope it won't ruin there trips to much.

I was going to ask if the Christmas shop will be effected during Halloween Season but I think I've harrassed Marc at guest services enough lol.

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"I have some good news for us Halloween and Christmas folk.

QuoteGood morning!

Have a magical day,?

Marc
Guest Care Team

Disneyland Paris

Thats such good news =D>  thanks for sharing it with us :thumbs:  Cant wait for halloween and then christmas now :D/
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
October 2010-Hotel New York
December 2010-Cheyenne
February 2011-Disneyland Hotel
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
October 2012-Explorers Hotel
December 2012-Sequoia Lodge
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad
December 2013-Dream Castle
October 2014-WDW Saratoga Springs[/color]

scampbunny

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay - ur a star, and so is marc lol

am so glad that wwe can see the castle now, and the christmas shop is a sacrifice ill make..... i guess lol

thanks for posting  :D/

June 2008 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights Dec 2008 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights April 2009 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights Oct 2010 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights  June 2012 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights

Jonjo

Fantastic news and thank you very much for the update.
The Disneyland Paris Shareholders Blog.
www.salonmickey.co.uk

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "Donald-Duck-Malta"
Quote from: "littlemermaid83"

Im going to be there on the 5th  :thumbs:  1 day after you arrive hehe.

I arrive on the 3rd, so techincally 2 days  :lol:

loladelorean

QuoteGood morning!

Have a magical day,?

Marc
Guest Care Team

Disneyland Paris

YYAYYYY! thank you so much for chasing this and posting, littlemermaid! And thank Disney for being sensible! wooo im so relieved
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19

Tuvok

Great news! So that's why the refurb is taking longer. They are going to do this refurb in phases. Nice!

Can they PLEASE send those workers to Adventureland once they're done with the castle?
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)