Sleeping Beauty Castle - 2011 refurbishment

Started by Remco K., March 01, 2008, 11:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Annet

Quote from: "smurfy74"any news on timescales though, im taking my mum for her forst ever disney trip and I want her to be able to walk here, she is already gutted about POTC
I have exactly the same thing with my nieces, also visiting DLP for the first time.
Already hated it that I won't be able to show them my most beloved ride (POTC), and since the bridge is due march/april, they probably won't be able to walk with me through the castle either.

Quote from: "dagobert"The view of the castle from Main Street is already spoiled with the new ugly stage on Central Plaza.
Can't disagree with that...

Anthony

Nope, staying there for a "new" show called Disney Showtime Spectacular...

dagobert

I'm sure that the stage will stay for the next years, because I think Disney invested some money into this huge stage. I really hope that it is not staying there forever.

There are so many stages in the whole park and that's the reason why it is not necessary to have a show on Central Plaza.

Sorry for being off topic.

MagicStar

Quote from: "Annet"Ah damn...that means my little nieces will visit DLP for the very first time on march 12th and won't see the beautifull castle, but those ugly fences... That sucks, I really wanted it to be as magical as can be for them!

Why do you complain? I mean ... yes its always not nice if things are behind fences.But donĀ“t you want our park in good conditions?
[size=150]Let\'s put the Walt back in Disney![/size]

Annet

Sure I do, I don't really mind the fences myself since I've been there more often. It's just that I want their very first Disney-experience to be as magical as possible, so I'm complaining on behalf of my nieces magical moments ;)

Scissorsboi

Why don't you make it a bit of an Adventure for them? Walk up to the bridge and go "oh no! It looks like the Castle's closed!", then pretend to explore around for a while and go into the entrance by Taniere Du Dragon (still 'exploring'), then look at the crystals and head up the staircase before emerging inside the Castle. It'll be a magical way for your nieces to discover the castle!
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

luke85

Quote from: "Scissorsboi"Why don't you make it a bit of an Adventure for them? Walk up to the bridge and go "oh no! It looks like the Castle's closed!", then pretend to explore around for a while and go into the entrance by Taniere Du Dragon (still 'exploring'), then look at the crystals and head up the staircase before emerging inside the Castle. It'll be a magical way for your nieces to discover the castle!
That's an awesome idea!

Annet

Quote from: "Scissorsboi"Why don't you make it a bit of an Adventure for them? Walk up to the bridge and go "oh no! It looks like the Castle's closed!", then pretend to explore around for a while and go into the entrance by Taniere Du Dragon (still 'exploring'), then look at the crystals and head up the staircase before emerging inside the Castle. It'll be a magical way for your nieces to discover the castle!
That is a very creative and magical way indeed, thanks for the tip! :D

madame_leota

that is a fantastic idea!! i will defently have to do that with my son and neice in march!

dagobert

Does someone know how the refurbishment is coming along?

marksbananas

HI just to let you all know spoken to someone who came back wednesday and The bridge still is boarded up and you cant walk under the castle but you can go inside from Fantasyland the 2 little shops and downstaris to the dragon are still open too. Heres hoping all sorted for march
First trip was totally magical cant wait for return

Donald-Duck-Malta

Quote from: "marksbananas"HI just to let you all know spoken to someone who came back wednesday and The bridge still is boarded up and you cant walk under the castle but you can go inside from Fantasyland the 2 little shops and downstaris to the dragon are still open too. Heres hoping all sorted for march
Hey guys!

Just back from my DLRP trip today...the bridge is still underconstruction... i will upload pictures of the bridge asap ok guys... :D

Donald-Duck-Malta

Quote from: "Donald-Duck-Malta"
Quote from: "marksbananas"HI just to let you all know spoken to someone who came back wednesday and The bridge still is boarded up and you cant walk under the castle but you can go inside from Fantasyland the 2 little shops and downstaris to the dragon are still open too. Heres hoping all sorted for march
Hey guys!

Just back from my DLRP trip today...the bridge is still underconstruction... i will upload pictures of the bridge asap ok guys... :D

Hello again guys!

Here are the pics of the bridge as promised...these were taken by me on thursday 28th January 2010...

mommy2ash

thanks for posting the pics. im not really happy they had to close the bridge as the first think i have to do each trip is walk down main st through the castle and onto fantasyland. of course if needs must then i cant complain. hopefully there are actually people working on it rather than just having it covered up.
Santa Fe Oct 08
Santa Fe Feb 09
Santa Fe/Sequioa Lodge Nov 09

guest3362

I took a little look trhought the door from inside the castle, and there were some people inside.