What was your first DLRP merchandise?

Started by Riebi, February 26, 2008, 12:36:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riebi

Thinking about my days under shower I ask me what my first memories of DLRP was. We went by train in 1993 and the first thing I saw was the roofs of Disneyland Hotel. Wonderful feeling. And I also know how I found this horse-like pillars at mainstreet: Great to jump about them. And I also remember my first merchandise. A cup, a t-shirt (wish I weared proud at school) and a really big pennant! But now to your Merchandise. Start it all with a mouse? Or else? :mrgreen:

What was the first merchandise that you buy at DLRP?
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

CJNorth

My first purchase back in 1992 was a dinner plate, side plate, dessert bowl, cup and saucer from the Parks restaurants Walt's, Cafe Fantasia and Auberge de Cendrillon all purchased from Harrington's on Main Street. They are still on display in our dinning room today.

I remember they were quite expensive as they are made by Villeroy & Boch and I dearly wish I had bought settings from the Blue Lagoon and either Silver Spur Steakhouse or The Lucky Nugget Saloon.  We were limited on what we could carry as we had travelled by train from the UK. Sadly on our next visit and all subsequent visits I have never seen the place settings for sale and have not seen them on EBay either.

In 1992 without Eurostar or TGV, train travel to Eurodisney from the UK was a bit of an epic journey you had to catch "the boat train" from Victoria to Folkestone Harbour to hopefully connect with the Seacat fast ferry to Boulogne-sur-Mer.  Then change to a standard SNCF train which would take you to the Gare du Nord and finally the RER to the Park.  All in all it seemed to take nearly a day each way, thank goodness for Eurostar.
Carl

Masamune

:) Mine was a Bagheera plushie. I probably bought a few bits and bobs like keychains as well, but that was my main purchase (well, my mum bought it for me) on my very first trip to DLRP. :P I tried to make a habit of buying a plush on every trip. On our second trip my mum bought me Kiara and Kove plushies. On the third I bought a large Pegasus plushie. :( On the fourth my mum decided I was too old for plushies. On the fifth I bought a Cheshire Cat plush. On the sixth my mum bought me a small Mrs Jumbo and Dumbo snowglobe and on the seventh I bought a Figaro plushie!

:lol: So it's only the 4th and 6th time that I didn't get a plushie.

a.newton

It was Jan 1994. I think there were definitly a few plush, (I have four daughters!) I can't remember which, but I think there were some 101 Dalmatiens. The other things were baby clothes and t-shirts. My daughters have always managed to find Star Wars figures that they couldnt get in England, too.

arno-hh

Hallo,
I can't remember the first thing I have bought back in 1992, because I was too young. But I am sure that it was a Pin wich my father bought for me! A very early thing was a pencil case with many functions like a thermometer and a calender....

but please post pictures of your first Merch!!!! I really want to see this plates and other things...

Bye Arno

-breeno-

Quote from: "arno-hh"Hallo,
I can't remember the first thing I have bought back in 1992, because I was too young. But I am sure that it was a Pin wich my father bought for me! A very early thing was a pencil case with many functions like a thermometer and a calender....

but please post pictures of your first Merch!!!! I really want to see this plates and other things...

Bye Arno

I remember having one of them things in your attachment but i can't remember what was on the cover.  They were great :D

I think the first thing i got was either a 101 dalmatians or a puppet thing of the snake from jungle book, there was slots to put your hands at the head and tail :)
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Riebi

Wow! Cool pencil case! I think I should have something like this even today :mrgreen:

And CJNORTH this sounds cool. Didn´t know that Villeroy & Boch makes real expensive plates. But I think that´s because I live near them and they have an outlet here. And of course because Mr. von Boch looks always a bit silly with his "lordish shoes" which he wear at sundays.  :mrgreen: Has you some pics of the plates? I´m interested in such things.

Disney_Princess

My first trip was a school trip in 1997, I came back with...

Medium Winnie the Pooh
Small Mushu teddy
Thumper Teddy Bag
Medium Flounder teddy

and I still have them all
[size=150]Every girl deserves to be a Princess... To be a Disney one makes you extra special[/size]

CJNorth

Sorry for the delay in reply but here is a picture of some of the settings from left to right
Auberge de Cendrillon, Walt's and Cafe Fantasia.
[attachment=2:23da932c]170DSCF2743.jpg[/attachment:23da932c]
with the V&B Eurodisney backstamp
[attachment=1:23da932c]56DSCF2749.jpg[/attachment:23da932c]
As its not me who usually cleans them  :oops: I noticed the Cafe Fantasia setting is made by Royale Rego and not V&B
[attachment=0:23da932c]85DSCF2750.jpg[/attachment:23da932c]
Carl

MinnieMouse

My first visit was in July 1992, and we go by bus for 4 days.

My first merchandise was a few postcards and two books from the parc (1 guide from Berlitz in german and one souvenir book in english with most hand drawing pictures in it).

Alexandra

SparrowsGirl

Oooh Cjnorth they are very nice  =D>

Riebi

Indeeeeeeeeed!!!! Cool plates!!! I should ask v & b. Sometimes they have some rests.

RockNRoller

To be honest when I arrived for the first visit I was blown away by all the merchandise and didn't buy anything till day 3. However when I did I went nuts.
DLRP from sketch to reality
Une Journee a Disneyland Paris CD
T-shirts, a tie, a watch the list goes on, problem was my bag wasn't big enough to pack it all in so I had to buy a big Disney suitcase as well, LOL.

Nowdays I have learnt though. Tip for anyone, during the year in the run up to my trip rather than throwing out my old clothes I keep them to take, wear them for the day at DLRP then when I'm back at the hotel put them in a bin bag and throw them. That way my bag actually gets lighter and has the space needed for all the souveniers.
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

BlueClouds

I really can't remember because i was only 2 when we first went in 1992/3! I guess I probably got a mickey plushie and other such things that toddler's like. I remember i got a jasmine outfit the next time i visited (1996)
Yo ho, Haul together, hoist the colours high
Heave ho, thieves and beggars, Never shall we die!

treble

this one made me think. our first trip was back in 2001 and as we went by bus we were limited on what we could bring back. these are the things i can remember-
large wizard mickey mouse
minnie mouse balloon (don't have that one any more  :) )
small clown minnie from the parade
mickey mouse plate - which she still uses
full tinkerbell outfit
minnie mouse money box for my mum
i'm sure i brought more  (and i have definitly brought more since  :P ) but that's all i can remember  :)
just like alice you\'re in wonderland