What was your first DLRP merchandise?

Started by Riebi, February 26, 2008, 12:36:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benjy

My first ever trip to DLRP was with my school so i didn't bring much money and so i only bort a "Dancin' to a catchy rhythm" cd i didn't reilise it was only a single at the time but it didn't matter because it started the ball rolling and now i can't get enough dlrp cd's!!!!!!
 :D/  :D/  :D/  :D/
Working xmas 2012!!! \":D\"

Javey74

Well our first piece of merchandise bought in DLRP was for Jen, in the Studios Park.  It was a Damsel Minnie plushie, as shown below  :D

Riebi

I bought last time a hat similar to minnies above for my best friend. And what should I say, she wears it proudly :mrgreen:
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

kmara

Quote from: "RockNRoller"To be honest when I arrived for the first visit I was blown away by all the merchandise and didn't buy anything till day 3. However when I did I went nuts.
DLRP from sketch to reality
Une Journee a Disneyland Paris CD
T-shirts, a tie, a watch the list goes on, problem was my bag wasn't big enough to pack it all in so I had to buy a big Disney suitcase as well, LOL.

Nowdays I have learnt though. Tip for anyone, during the year in the run up to my trip rather than throwing out my old clothes I keep them to take, wear them for the day at DLRP then when I'm back at the hotel put them in a bin bag and throw them. That way my bag actually gets lighter and has the space needed for all the souveniers.

gee, guys, you know I've always thought I was about the most craziest Disney-Freak in the world, but now that I got to know you all, I have to say, no I am not!  :wink:  :wink:  :mrgreen:

and I am so glad I got to know you! I have always thought, that there must be something wrong with me...  :oops:  :roll:  :D

anyway, to get back to the topic:
my first merchandise must have been a t-shirt saying Euro-Disney on the back and in front was a big Mickey and the `92. and a very small mickey-plush, that I have dragged around with me all the time; it was my lucky-charm through all my tests and my year abroad in the states and so on... It is even on my Senior Pictures!
DLP]

March 1995 - Walt Disney World Florida

kmara

guess I could take my wedding-dress and then run around Phantom Manor before disposing it into the garbage (might need a big container though)...  :wink:  :wink:  :wink:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:
DLP]

March 1995 - Walt Disney World Florida

Kellogs

On my first visit (weekend just gone) i bought:

15th celebration pen
15th celebration spoon
Sleeping beauty spiral straw pink glass
Steamboat Willie glass
Disneyland bottle opener keyring
Disneyland/studios keyring
Mickey mouse sitting on 'P' keyring
Eeyore teddy magnet

I think that was all :)

Tinkerbelle

Our first merchandise had to be rain ponchos... and thank god we bought them, we got soaked! the list of items we bought is too long... runs from collectibles to 15 anniv pens, mugs, ... things for my kitty Simba, pjs, clothes, accesories,...
list is endless...
oh we even got our first Xmas tree (small tree with mickey heads which you don't need to decorate)
i'm nuts!!!
we were flying lowcost back home and we couldn't get too crazy or we would have to pay excess baggage

i'm trying to promise myself not to buy stuff this year, ...i made a small wishlist.. of at least 20 items  :oops:

goofy-2000

This thing i bought when i got there was
-postcards
-stamps
-autograph book
-pen
i want every single goofy in the whole wide world ha ha ha

davewasbaloo

My 1st visit was in 1991, to the visitor centre in Marne La Vallee.  I bought a T-shirt (Mickey, surrounded by a circle of European flags) and post cards of the concept art for Adventure Isle, the Castle, Phantom Manor and Big Thunder.

My first post opening visit April 12,1992, I was pretty broke. I bought a hard bound book (mainly has pics of EDL under construction, WDW pics, and concept art), some more post cards, and a CD.  That was all I could afford at the time. Now that I have money, there is very little I want.

As for the plates, I bought my wife the Auberge de Cindrillon teapot, 6 cups and saucers and dessert plates (that was in 1999 I think).  So they have had them since. I am now made I didn't buy service for 12 of the full set  :(
since 2001 (many before that)

Captain Pan

Makes me think...
 :idea:
Winnie the Pooh Framed Picture Type thing... Has a Pooh in what looks to be enamel pin on a backing of a how to draw Pooh. I bought it for my Girlfriend for Valentines Day as its the day we arrived home.
Tigger Hoodie, Grey with the catchpharse 'Always a cool cat' under the Picture of Tigger.
Chip (or was it Dale) Plush Keychain. (Valentines day pressie for Girlfriend)
Chip and Dale Best Friends Plush (Received As a Pressie)
Buzz Lightyear Comunicator (Recieved as a Pressie)
LGM Plush
Tinkerbell Purse (Birthday Pressie for a friend)
I bought more... I just can't remember what...

Snow_White_Girl

I was REALLY good in DLP until our last night there... then I went absolutely MENTAL in Disney Village and spent about 70 euros! The first thing I ever bought was one of those bottle toppers with the Mickey ears, I brought that back for my parents with a bottle of the 15th anniversary wine! :wink: First thing I bought for me was one of the huge 15th anniversary mugs.... I've still got the same autograph book that I had in WDW three years ago and it came to DLP with me last year - I'm not buying a new one till I've filled it completely! :D

\":lamp:\"

The Butlin Boy

I can't remember exactly, because I was probably only about 1 year old, but I do remember having a plush flounder bought for me at DLRP, I loved it so much  :oops:  :mrgreen:

MizzRabbit

I was there in '92 with Kodak (my mom worked there) before Disneyland was open to the public. It was only on special invitation only. So it was kind of a big deal. We had VIP passes and a special introduction which was cool. I was only about 8 or 9 but I remember it well. I loved it so much and out visits to DLRP are my most treasured childhood memories. Well, back to the merchandise... My mom bought me a Minnie Mouse dress and Ears. I also got an autograph book, customised Mickey ears with my name on it, a Eurodisney tape and book with pictures of the park, and oddly enough I remember getting this really shiny silver pencil with the castle and tinkerbell on it. We also bought a Minnie Christmastree ornament that I still have on my tree every year.

My Disneypics gallery]http://public.fotki.com/MizzRabbit/[/url]
Use password]

RobinHood

Mine was akids sword from adventureland back in 1992 and i still have it somewhere  i also remember getting my first pair of mickey ears  :D/
kristys prince