How busy will it be on... ?

Started by roaldbergmann, January 22, 2008, 12:55:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amanda08

Quote from: "cabsy83"Hi,
*Newbie alert*
Just wondering how busy  16th-22nd May 2013 will be roughly. I have looked and think we just miss any main holidays in central Europe.  We're looking to do a day in Paris so I thought we would go on the busiest day we were there which I assume will be the Saturday and Sunday. I noticed that the sunday is a blackout day for the annual pass- does that mean they expect loads of people?

Thank you in advance for your help!
I am pretty sure that the weekend is a major holiday weekend in France  and remember being told last year to avoid at that time because it can be manic. We have planned our trip with this in mind and are not arriving till 21 because of this. Good luck!
Amanda

gldc

Quote from: "jonathan"How busy is it at the moment or in the last few days.  Arriving there Sunday....

Today, Friday 11th it was dead - even Crush's coaster had a 20 minute wait!  :shock:
DLP Visits: Summer 2003 // April 2011 // Christmas 2011 as a Cast Member // April 2012 // April 2013 // Returning June 2014 to September 2015 as a Cast Member // February 2016

WDW Visits: Summer 2013 as a Cast Member // September 2015
DLR Visits: August 2013 // September 2015

My Cast Member blog - http://www.mepipe.com

Jonjo

Between Thursday 7th - Wednesday 13 March?

Has anyone got any idea how busy will the parks will be between Thursday 7th - Wednesday 13 March?   I've seen that two French school zones A and C are on their winter holidays while I'm at DLP.  Will the parks we very busy?

I'm expecting the weekend to be busy as it is the Welsh Festival that weekend but will the rest of the week be crowed too?
The Disneyland Paris Shareholders Blog.
www.salonmickey.co.uk

GeoffD

I was there the week of the 5th November (All zones school holidays) and it was busier than a school day weekday period, but still not overly busy.   Expect wait times to be possibly an hour for Big Thunder Mountain.

Jonjo

Quote from: "doddy13"I was there the week of the 5th November (All zones school holidays) and it was busier than a school day weekday period, but still not overly busy.   Expect wait times to be possibly an hour for Big Thunder Mountain.

Thanks  :thumbs:
www.salonmickey.co.uk

Daffodil

Jon Jo - I couldn't undertsand why the Welsh festival was that weekend as St David's Day is the 1st March (being from Wales I should know obviously) but then I realised that Wales are playing France that weekend. The Eurostar and airports and general Paris area will be busy around that time.

I'm going 28th Feb to 3rd March (wanted to avoid the clash with the rugby) and will be wearing my Welsh top the 1st March!!  Cymru am byth!!!   :D  Who on earth at DLP decided to have the Welsh Festival a week after St David's Day ???????  Stupid if you ask me.

Jonjo

Not sure why they moved it this year.  During the Welsh Festival I may well end up in the Sports Bar in the Village  to see the Scoland v Wales game wearing my Welsh rugby shirt.
www.salonmickey.co.uk

DoodleMummy

Quote from: "SwipatronSparks"april.... 15-19th... thats the week after the easter holidays here in the uk.... and as far as i can tell all the french kids are at school too.... will it be quiet.... how quiet.... i have never been at this time of year before so what have other people found

I don't know if you're still following this thread as you asked this a while ago but we're going that week- UK schools are not on holiday then, nor are zone A or zone C in France but Zone B are on holiday that week although I'm hoping it shouldn't be too busy as Paris is zone C so hopefully we'll be OK! Hope that helps :)

SwipatronSparks

Quote from: "DoodleMummy"
Quote from: "SwipatronSparks"april.... 15-19th... thats the week after the easter holidays here in the uk.... and as far as i can tell all the french kids are at school too.... will it be quiet.... how quiet.... i have never been at this time of year before so what have other people found

I don't know if you're still following this thread as you asked this a while ago but we're going that week- UK schools are not on holiday then, nor are zone A or zone C in France but Zone B are on holiday that week although I'm hoping it shouldn't be too busy as Paris is zone C so hopefully we'll be OK! Hope that helps :)

im still following, really should have edited my post as im not going on those dates any more im going easter weekend now..... thanks for your help though =]

but again i ask... has anyone been easter weekend before? what was it like, im expecting it to be busy but how busy will it be? (ive never been before during holidays and always been when its quiet)
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

ryanc

Does anyone know how busy it will be from 27th Feb to 3rd March? Booked not realising that these dates coincide with French school holidays thanks

kathchad

Daffodil - we are going at exactly the same time - missing the school Gwyl Dewi Fair! My daff will be proudly on my lapel so we'll have to keep an eye out for each other. I'm hoping it's not going to be too busy and let's hope we get a win this weekend before we get there, otherwise says "je suis Gallois" won't be as much fun!

Labyrinth

Yay it's possible that I might be going near Easter anyone know how busy it will be?
Feb 2007- Hotel Newport Bay
April 2013- Sequoia Lodge

SwipatronSparks

Quote from: "Labyrinth"Yay it's possible that I might be going near Easter anyone know how busy it will be?

i second this question only i am going for easter itself
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

cazspence

Any ideas how busy it might be 13-17th may? Have had a look and no french or uk holidays As far as I can see? Thanks

JakeMacpherson

how busy will it be 18-20th october?