World of Disney in Disney Village (Now Open)

Started by Owain, January 06, 2008, 12:19:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pussinboots

I can see why they would go for that Val d'Europe look. It's their success story. It's safe. Modern quickly turns controversial and old, but everybody loves a glass dome, a porch, an awning, a gazebo, an atrium...

The new tourist information kiosk has the style as well. The IMAX has a version of it. Both are, if not successful, quite inoffensive.

But I'm sure it will be less plain than Val d'Europe; it is a World of Disney store after all. There will be whimsy.

dagobert

I love the theming. I really, really hope that this store will come to reality!!! It will be the most beautiful of all four WoD Stores.

luke85

That looks great! Would definitely be a welcome addition to Disney Village. I like how things are slowly beginning to improve in Disney Village, first we had the new Starbucks, and now we have rumours about the World of Disney store and the Earl of Sandwich! Lets hope we get some more great additions soon  :D

RnRCj

I just found this posted by Mr Toad over at Disney Central Plaza:

Quote from: "Mr Toad at Disney Central Plaza"Une fois l'ouverture du WOD, la plupart des boutiques du DV vont changer de thème pour ne vendre que des produits bien specifique.
Rien n'est vraiment précis pour l'instant, donc ne me demandez pas si j'en sais plus ou pas, mais différents projets existent ou sont en courts.

La seul chose que je puis dire c'est que le Disney Village va, pardonner moi l'expression, se "downtowniser".
I think the first part says that after the opening of WOD most of the shops in DV will change to selling specific products. :?: The second part I'm not sure about.

Any good French-speakers?

pussinboots

Quote from: "RnRCj"I just found this posted by Mr Toad over at Disney Central Plaza:

Quote from: "Mr Toad at Disney Central Plaza"Une fois l'ouverture du WOD, la plupart des boutiques du DV vont changer de thème pour ne vendre que des produits bien specifique.
Rien n'est vraiment précis pour l'instant, donc ne me demandez pas si j'en sais plus ou pas, mais différents projets existent ou sont en courts.

La seul chose que je puis dire c'est que le Disney Village va, pardonner moi l'expression, se "downtowniser".
I think the first part says that after the opening of WOD most of the shops in DV will change to selling specific products. :?: The second part I'm not sure about.

Any good French-speakers?

He says that there are different projects in the works, but that nothing too specific is certain at this point. And that the only thing he can say at this point is that Disney Village is being "Downtown Disneyized." You're right about the first part, and it sounds good to me!

As has been said, once the World of Disney opens, almost the entire Disney Store side of the Village will become redundant. (With the exception of the Sports Bar and New York Sandwiches; I wonder if they will be spared?) So it will be quite interesting to see what they're planning to do with that.

It sounds like this is their big chance to really fix the Village.

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "pussinboots"From MykeY at Disney Central Plaza:

Not bad, huh.

If it actually looks like that, I will be over the moon and incredibly impressed with this project. It really should signal the start of a new Disney Village for us. By adding something that looks like that, and the new modern Starbucks, they have to continue and finish the job by re-innovating the rest of what currently looks like a very tacky and disappointing DV in comparison. Perhaps this would make another great little birthday present for the resorts 20th Anniversary? :wink:  :)

dagobert

Do you know when construction should start? Is it certain that WoD will get built?

CafeFantasia

Thumbs up from me too. But isn't this still a rumour? There's not a lot of point getting excited about concept art, until construction actually starts.

Kristof

The drawing comes from "Le Moniteur", a French magazine for architects.  (http://www.lemoniteur.fr/P_resultats.php?rr=Disney#)

Grandmath pointed out on DCP that the drawing has been changed in the mean time, but most of the outline of the building remains the same.  It's slated to be build on the patch of land in front of Gaumont.

CafeFantasia

QuoteIt's slated to be build on the patch of land in front of Gaumont.
Illustration:

dagobert

Is this place big enough for a WoD store? It looks a little bit small.

In my opinion the WoD stores in Florida and New York are bigger than the place in front of the cinema.

mehdi5

Quote from: "dagobert"Is this place big enough for a WoD store? It looks a little bit small.

In my opinion the WoD stores in Florida and New York are bigger than the place in front of the cinema.
Believe me, it's a pretty big spot, from the exit you have to walk around it back to the rest of Disney Village, and then you'll see it's actually quite big if you think about it :wink:

dagobert

I've never paid attention to this place during my visits to DLRP. I just remember that this area is covered with a green wood-wall.

Tuvok

Hmm. Is that spot really been confirmed by the rumours? I also think this spot is too small. Maybe the WOD will have several levels where we can shop? Then it could be possible anyway.
Isn't the spot on the other side of the road better suitable (near the WDS)? It is now fenced off with that Tower of Terror promo add. Is this a parking space or what? It seems a whole lot bigger then the suggested spot alongside the cinema.
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

pussinboots

Quote from: "Tuvok"Hmm. Is that spot really been confirmed by the rumours? I also think this spot is too small. Maybe the WOD will have several levels where we can shop? Then it could be possible anyway.
Isn't the spot on the other side of the road better suitable (near the WDS)? It is now fenced off with that Tower of Terror promo add. Is this a parking space or what? It seems a whole lot bigger then the suggested spot alongside the cinema.

You'd only have to look at the scale model on page 1 of this thread... It really is supposed to go in that spot.

Also, the dome on the concept art could hint at an atrium, which could hint at two floors. It would fit in there in any case.

The other site is apparently reserved for an extension of the TGV station.