Alice in Wonderland (Tim Burton 2010)

Started by peep, November 16, 2007, 02:53:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Masamune

:lol: I thought he looked more like Elijah Wood.

I have to say, both Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter look terrifying. :shock: Why does the Mad Hatter appear to have blood on his hands? I seriously can't wait for this film. I can't believe that Disney have allowed Tim Burton to make the characters THAT creepy. This can only be a good thing!

Luigi

wow, the pics are really...really... burton-like. Can't wait to see the movie

Pete's Dragon

Disney have released the film's logo along with hi-res pictures. See them here in all there glory.

//http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/06/24/tim-burtons-alice-in-wonderland-logo-and-high-resolution-photosconcept-art/

Anthony

New (I think) official image:

http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,2021306 ... _2,00.html

She's quite a bit older, this Alice...

mehdi5

Quote from: "Anthony"New (I think) official image:
She's quite a bit older, this Alice...
The story takes place after the original story, so kind of a spiritual sequel to the story. Thus explaining why Alica looks older than she would in the original story.

The CGI in the background looks great, good thing they got a pretty big budget.

Captain Pan

QuoteThe Loyal Subjects of the Red Queen, the Loyal Subjects of the White Queen, and the Disloyal Subjects of the Mad Hatter are all building armies on Facebook. The fan page with the biggest army at 4PM PDT on Thursday, July 23 will get to see an exclusive new trailer from Disney's Alice in Wonderland before anyone else. So be sure to log onto Facebook and choose a side.

The Loyal Subjects of the Red Queen: Facebook.com/RedQueenSubjects

The Loyal Subjects of the White Queen: Facebook.com/WhiteQueenSubjects

The Disloyal Subjects of the Mad Hatter: Facebook.com/MadHatterSubjects

There is also a general Alice in Wonderland fan page that can be found here: Facebook.com/AliceInWonderland

The Official Disney Website is now active

I top it off with...

Captain Pan

TEASER TRAILER

And What A Trailer...

Bring on the UK release NOW!

burntsienna

The trailer looks amazing!
Johnny Depp looks/acts/sounds amazing!
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

Captain Pan

Quote from: "burntsienna"The trailer looks amazing!
Johnny Depp looks/acts/sounds amazing!

Its Just been removed...

Its due to copyright... and could be active on Friday as its out in Cinemas attached to G-Force

burntsienna

Anthony

Quote from: "burntsienna"Here's the link that I used  :)
Thanks! Missed the earlier link.

And... "Naughty!" It looks like Depp has somehow mastered yet another quirky performance. You'd think by now they wouldn't be quirky at all, but it keeps happening. It mostly looks great, although I'm not sure how I feel about the whole very CGI/motion capture-type style. Some of the shots in the trailer look a bit iffy. I know it's Wonderland, but I'd like it to have depth beyond looking like a wizzy computer game.

I somehow completely missed it'd also be in IMAX though, so wow! Disney back on IMAX! The falling into the rabbit hole scene there looks like it's going to be a highlight already.

-breeno-

Thanks for the link Laura, and thanks to Tom for posting the news (and telling me on msn ;) ).

I'm still not confident over this movie, i thought this trailer could of made me change my view and although it has a bit, i'm still not getting my hopes up.  I do think Depp is great in the trailer, hopefully he can crack another great character but apart from that i can't see too much else.  The film seems a bit too dark in areas (although i've never read the book so i cant make a full judgement), the scenery seems just too CGI and fake to me and Cheshire cat just looks plain freaky (how they are going to get Stephen Fry's voice to work with that i'll never know).

There's also some faults i have that have nothing to do with the trailer.  I don't like the way it's based after the original story, also did i read somewhere that Alice has supposedly forgot everything about Wonderland?  Come on, if you were to go to a place like that i'm sure you could remember even a tiny bit 10 years later.  Also i'm dreading to see what  Helena Bonham Carter does with the Red Queen, can't stand her (she nearly ruined Terminator Salvation for me before it was 10 minutes in :P)
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

never2old

Ooooh, this looks great!!! Looks like Johnny Depp's Mad Hatter is going to steal the show from everyone else... Naughty naughty!!

burntsienna

Quote from: "Anthony"
Quote from: "burntsienna"Here's the link that I used  :)
Thanks! Missed the earlier link.

And... "Naughty!" It looks like Depp has somehow mastered yet another quirky performance. You'd think by now they wouldn't be quirky at all, but it keeps happening. It mostly looks great, although I'm not sure how I feel about the whole very CGI/motion capture-type style. Some of the shots in the trailer look a bit iffy. I know it's Wonderland, but I'd like it to have depth beyond looking like a wizzy computer game.

I somehow completely missed it'd also be in IMAX though, so wow! Disney back on IMAX! The falling into the rabbit hole scene there looks like it's going to be a highlight already.
Tis alrighty =]

Quote from: "-breeno-"Thanks for the link Laura, and thanks to Tom for posting the news (and telling me on msn ;) ).

There's also some faults i have that have nothing to do with the trailer.  I don't like the way it's based after the original story, also did i read somewhere that Alice has supposedly forgot everything about Wonderland?  Come on, if you were to go to a place like that i'm sure you could remember even a tiny bit 10 years later.  Also i'm dreading to see what  Helena Bonham Carter does with the Red Queen, can't stand her (she nearly ruined Terminator Salvation for me before it was 10 minutes in :P)
:shock:  :o
I love Helena Bonham Carter! she's a little crazy which is just great, I think she'd be amazing to meet in person, a bit 'out there' and eccentric.

I can't wait to see the film, I think it looks fantastic, a little weird but that just makes it even better!

Pete's Dragon