Alice in Wonderland (Tim Burton 2010)

Started by peep, November 16, 2007, 02:53:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Masamune

:D Same here Luke. :lol: Also, I can't wait to see Christopher Lee as the Jabberwock.

burntsienna

Quote from: "Captain Pan"You wouldn't expect nothing but the best from Burton... he's got to make Depp look Mad... Sheen fluffy, and Give Stephen a Grin that makes a demented dentist cry at!

Johnny Depp certainly looks interesting in the image I've seen  :lol:

Quote from: "Masamune" :D Same here Luke. :lol: Also, I can't wait to see Christopher Lee as the Jabberwock.
Me too! Christopher Lee will do an outstanding job! I'm really looking forward to seeing him in this film!
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

-breeno-

I'm still worried about this ending up a flop (and believe me it takes some guts to stand up and say this after reading through this topic :lol: ), the big names are still making me see this as a "cash-in on the big names" movie, where whether the film itself is good or not doesn't matter.  If Depp can pull this one i'm not sure, although he usually pulls some surprises, Matt Lucas as Tweedle dee/ Tweedle Dum, sounds good on paper but the actual thing can be much different, i've grown very bored of Lucas, along with his Little Britain partner and Mr Fry as Cheshire Cat is "interesting" shall we say, seems like a strange one in my opinion, i would of much rather of had him as narrator (especially after playing Little Big Planet, he's brilliant in it), i'm guessing it'll just be Fry's voice and a computer animated cat, although seeing Stephen in cat form looks scarily likely now.

So i shall be waiting until a trailer is released before getting excited, because at the moment i'm not excited at all.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Captain Pan

Breeno.... You've really envoked some feelings there young man...

Looking back at the cast list... you are right... This could turn out Splendid... or end up a troubled mess on the floor...

However there is somthing about it which gives me a belief that it can and indeed Will work... and its because of 2 names...
Johnny Depp and Tim Burton: for the one reason... As a team they are yet to let me down...

plus having that Port Talbot boy play a character who isn't "researchable" isn't political or a celebrity (Blair, David Frost, Blair, Brian Clough, rumoured to play Blair again... Kenneth Williams) My hands are sort of tied with belief Cause outside of his roles as Blair, Frost and Clough.... This is probably Michael's Biggest and most noteworthy role to date... This is his Big Time Chance...

Masamune

Yeah there are big names involved...but they're big names for a reason. I think my only worry comes from the fact that we don't know much about the girl playing Alice. :) I believe in Tim Burton though, so I'm sure it'll be great.

peep

Quote from: "penfold12"Apparently its a day and date world wide release.

Principle filming has completed, so yes it is in post production. With such a long way off for release, they are certainly spending time on the effects etc...

Wasn't it mentioned ages ago that there will be 2D and 3D animation? That would tell me that's where the time will be taken up.

I heard that an image of Depp as the mad hatter has been released but I haven't come across it yet, I'll enquire more with the guy I heard about it from.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Agent Lex

You mean you haven't just googled Johnny Depp mad hatter?

luke85

Quote from: "Agent Lex"You mean you haven't just googled Johnny Depp mad hatter?
He looks cool! Cannot wait for this!  :D  :D  :D

Riebi

Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Clarebelle

Anne Hathaway looks stunning! is that a photo from the filming? I dont think that line up could be any better. Johnny Depp looks like he has just stepped out of an old painting

I cant wait until this hits cinemas
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Kristof

Quote from: "Riebi"aaand more pics:

//http://celluloidandcigaretteburns.blogspot.com/2009/01/alice-in-wonderland-march-5th-2010.html

:D

Looks like the page was removed... Did anyone safe them?

Riebi

No :( sorry :(
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Pete's Dragon

peep

Total Film has also revealed that the story is very different - Read here

I like the sound of it. I don't like the updated pic of Matt Lucas as Tweedle dee and dum though. Maybe footage would make me feel better about it?

Still unsure about Depp's mad hatter too.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

luke85

if you ignore the crazy skin tone and colours, is it just me or does the Mad Hatter look a bit like Madonna...?!

...maybe it's just me haha!