Does DLRP abandon germany?

Started by Riebi, November 12, 2007, 10:18:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

swity

Finally I have seen the spot twice. It's good although I have to confess I have expected a bit more  :wink:

I have also seen an advert in a few magazines. I thought I might post a picture.

Riebi

I know what you mean! Of course the big 15. birthday and 15. birthday continues spots are better. Much better  :mrgreen:  But I´m happy that there´s something :lol:

The print campain with barbara seems a bit tacky...looks like they took one of barbaras first holy communion pics :lol:   Don´t know what they making there with her hands but that´s absolute 80s :mrgreen:

So I would say the tv spots are ok and a wonderful step for germany but the print very old fashioned. But If it brings more visitors to the resort: great thing! =D>
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Anthony

Great to hear you're getting new advertising! I think it will be one of DLRP's aims in coming years to find out why Germany isn't working for them and to do something about it. (Not sure if I'm guessing that or if someone actually told me... the blue bird maybe)

Is Barbara Meier quite famous? There's a load of official press photos of people unknown to me (cast of Dutch soaps, French celebs) just trying to decide whether to post them on DLRP Today... They got shots of Barbara everywhere, and some people who I've worked out are your Eurovision entry for this year.

Riebi

Barbara Meier is the winner of Germany´s Next Top Model by Heidi Klum (episode II). Don´t know how famous she is.

The NoAngels are very famous in germany. Don´t know why they make now this eurovision thing cause they are very well in business  :D

I think the main thing why their aren´t more germans anymore at DLRP is cause they haven´t make any real advertise over the years. Even not for the 15th. Nobody knows about the 15. here and nobody knows about two parks there. I had lately on my birthday party a group of people who where very interested in my fab. Disneyland 15 Picture Album (best advert ever :lol: ) All of them was at DLRP in the past but never after 2002. So they never heard that there´s a second park and they also never heard about the birthday before and say "Oh 15. years...if we known that a year earlier we were there" Thanks god I could say: The Celebration continue...big time!

The new spot also isn´t a 15. advert. You see just at the end the Disneyland15 Logo but nothing more. And noooo word of CCBT (The Celebration Continues... Big Time). Maybe cause they forgot to launch it last year here :lol:

The adverts begins with barbara at a window at main street saying "my dream is coming true, now you dream can come true too". Then some shots of attractions with barbara and of course a phone number where you can call.

Nala_84

I think Barbara is now pretty poular because she did many tv spots ;)! (F.e. Yoghurette, 2x C&A, the Pro7 advertises, she was at Wetten, dass...?, tvtotal etc.)
I guess she looks very familiar now and especially teenie-girls know and like her because she always was very natural. And she's studying maths, that's why she's a representative for the "year of mathematics 2008" in Germany  :lol: So she's a pretty girl which is also intelligent and natural, she's a good and famous celebrity for our German DLRP advert, I think :)!

I also wanted to say that it's not only DLRP which abandons us Germans. We had many Disney Stores in Germany, but they were all closed so we don't have one anymore :(! When DVDs are published, we don't get all of the extras, we didn't even get the "Pocahontas Special Edition" here  :cry:
And as Riebi said, they just don't do any advert for DLRP. maybe now that the 15th had come, there are a few signs in the travel agencys and now this spot with Barbara...
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Reiana

Well, I think Disney is coming back to Germany. Mostly for kids, but better than nothing.
Look what I found this weekend at a shopping center here in Munich
http://www.mickybroetchen.de/
Mickey buns.
They are quiet delicious  :P and my little daughter loved it.
And by the way all prospects for DLRP were "sold out". I think that is a good sign.

dagobert

I am sure they are not available in Austria. But we are living in Salzburg and Munich is just an hour away. Let's go there for some buns. :P

I have seen the new DLRP spot on ProSieben, so we have this spot here in Austria too and I hope that many people will see it and consider to travel to DLRP. The spot looks nice and it is better than nothing and I think many people know Babara here as well, because of Germany's Next Top Model (My girlfriend forces me to watch it with her :evil: ).

lil-shawn

QuoteI guess she looks very familiar now and especially teenie-girls know and like her because she always was very natural. And she's studying maths, that's why she's a representative for the "year of mathematics 2008" in Germany  So she's a pretty girl which is also intelligent and natural, she's a good and famous celebrity for our German DLRP advert, I think !

yeah nala you´ve right i think she is good enough for our short (very short) tv spot  :D

QuoteI also wanted to say that it's not only DLRP which abandons us Germans. We had many Disney Stores in Germany, but they were all closed so we don't have one anymore ! When DVDs are published, we don't get all of the extras, we didn't even get the "Pocahontas Special Edition" here

i don´t know but buena vista usa dont make our dvd releases, i think it is buena vista germany in munich. I think we have to fight with them to get the original international releases like in the us. not this stupid and ugly looking special collection dvd. It´s funny because i head or read all time that the special collection is very cheep, but when i buy tarzan as a special edition from the special collection and buy the junglebook platinum edition, they have the same prices. so i think they have to change it now better yesterday...  :lol:

Maarten

Hopefully this renewed interest of Disneyland Resort Paris towards the German market will pay-off. Maybe its a start for better things to come.

Quote from: "Nala_84"I also wanted to say that it's not only DLRP which abandons us Germans. We had many Disney Stores in Germany, but they were all closed so we don't have one anymore :(!

The sad truth is that both the Netherlands and Belgium (?) never ever have had a Disney Store at all. I don't get it to be honest, especially since France and its surrounding countries should be a top priority for Disney. I dont really understand why there never has been a Dutch Disney Channel either... the Disney brand can really profit from these kind of projects. There is still a lot to learn when it comes to marketing the Disney brand in Europe.

Remco K.

Quote from: "Maarten"The sad truth is that both the Netherlands and Belgium (?) never ever have had a Disney Store at all. I don't get it to be honest, especially since France and its surrounding countries should be a top priority for Disney. I dont really understand why there never has been a Dutch Disney Channel either... the Disney brand can really profit from these kind of projects. There is still a lot to learn when it comes to marketing the Disney brand in Europe.
Actually, the Dutch market seems to small for a Disney Channel or Disney Store. If we were ever to get a Disney Store, it would probably stay with just one (and that's probably for the best). This one Disney Store should than be located in Amsterdam, in my opinion. That way you attract both the Dutch and tourists.

Also, most Disney shows are licensed to existing networks. And there's Jetix, which is also owned by Disney. Not that Jetix really represents anything Disney, but still... :wink:

A shared Disney Channel would be an idea though. One Disney Channel for both The Netherlands and Belgium. The French part of Belgium would also be able to watch the Disney Channel, since a French audio stream will be broadcasted for them (re-used from the French Disney Channel). But that's just an idea!

dagobert

Today I've written an e-mail (I used the e-mail adress you can find under "contact" on the official German DLRP-site), I had some questions concerning our next trip (in September  :D/ ). When I checked my e-mails, I was hoping for some useful help, but all I got was the information that they can't answer my e-mail because they receive an enormous amount of e-mails. The e-mail said I could call the hotline (of course you've to pay for that) and contained also some tips how to book a trip on the internet (well, that was not the question..). Isn't that weird? :? Maybe they will answer later, but the last time I've written them an e-mail they didn't answer it at all. Anyone had the same experience? I hope the customer service in other countries is better!

Anthony

Quote from: "Remco K."If we were ever to get a Disney Store, it would probably stay with just one (and that's probably for the best). This one Disney Store should than be located in Amsterdam, in my opinion. That way you attract both the Dutch and tourists.
Yeah, it's weird they haven't ever tried to expand the Disney Stores there. I've got two within 25 minutes... Although I walked past the amazing one in Manchester today and it has massive Hannah Montana posters either side of the door and her concert blaring out of the speakers, so... I never really go in them, they focus almost entirely on a younger audience.

Having a Disney Store in Amsterdam (and other places) would be a good move though, you all use the same currency and nothing much has to be translated. I know in Edinburgh they've got a top spot opposite the station and make a lot of money from tourists with special Scottish Mickey plushes.

Disney Channel, I wouldn't be too disappointed, there's very little "Disney" about it these days.

Soap

Quote from: "Baloo"
Quote from: "Remco K."If we were ever to get a Disney Store, it would probably stay with just one (and that's probably for the best). This one Disney Store should than be located in Amsterdam, in my opinion. That way you attract both the Dutch and tourists.
Yeah, it's weird they haven't ever tried to expand the Disney Stores there. I've got two within 25 minutes... Although I walked past the amazing one in Manchester today and it has massive Hannah Montana posters either side of the door and her concert blaring out of the speakers, so... I never really go in them, they focus almost entirely on a younger audience.

Having a Disney Store in Amsterdam (and other places) would be a good move though, you all use the same currency and nothing much has to be translated. I know in Edinburgh they've got a top spot opposite the station and make a lot of money from tourists with special Scottish Mickey plushes.

Disney Channel, I wouldn't be too disappointed, there's very little "Disney" about it these days.

Indeed, they should really expand their borders, plenty of money lying around for this kinda expansion! What can be the reason that they aren't already here???
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Remco K.

Quote from: "Soap"Indeed, they should really expand their borders, plenty of money lying around for this kinda expansion! What can be the reason that they aren't already here???
Again, the Dutch market would be to small for that. A Disney Store in Amsterdam might have a chance. Perhaps Disney Stores in other larger cities too, like Rotterdam, Groningen, The Hague. But that's about it. There's no use of opening anymore Disney Stores in The Netherlands. I can't see the us Dutch buying things like stuffed animals on a daily base. Sure, the Disney Store in Holland would attract lots of guests, but to actually make profit of the store, they also need to buy items from it.

I'm not trying to destroy your dream, Soap, just sketching a realistic view on how a Disney Store would settle here. :)

Riebi

I´ve found now the barbara meier avert for you! Fun while watching is my wish for you  :mrgreen:

//http://www.horizont.net/kreation/tv/pages/protected/show.php?id=869

There´s also explained why we have another totally diffrent advert. The advert wasn´t made by the normal advertising agency of DLRP "Euro RSCG", but by a german one which exist since march: "Axel Springer Digital TV" (axel springer is a big media concern in germany)