Ratatouille: L'Aventure Totalement Toquée de Rémy

Started by The Butlin Boy, October 12, 2007, 10:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dagobert

Quote from: "Anthony"One important point though is that "Le Ratatouille" at the end of the film isn't the same location as Gusteau's (which closed down), is it? We don't yet know what kind of liberties they'll take with the story and setting. I very much doubt it'll be a literal reproduction or retelling of the film's locations and plot. The concept art already looks quite different to the film, and although there's a "Gusteau's" sign on the rooftops, is it actually on top of one of the façades in the foreground, or just somewhere in the distance..?

It looks to me like they want to make the ride its own entity, its own adventure.

That's what I'm wondering as well. As you mentioned the concept art looks different compared to the movie. When designing Carsland, WDI altered some buildings of Radiator Springs. Pixar then changed the buildings in the second Cars movie as well so that there is a consistency. I hope the same effort is put into Ratatouille as well, but this time WDI should try to copy the movie and not design something new.

|Q|

Uhm, i wonder, if the restaurant will be rat sized, how they're goin to put there that cool Chef Remy?

[youtube:1ywbfrg6]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpsyiC5ZC28[/youtube:1ywbfrg6]

Q

dagobert

I would prefer a regular size restaurant and not a rat sized one.

Last year Disney Enterprises registered "La Ratatouille" in France as a restaurant.

http://bases-marques.inpi.fr/Typo3_INPI ... -1,FMARK-2

So I guess we will get the restaurant at the end of the movie, although it's the wrong location. Maybe WDI doesn't care a lot and the whole building will be a mixture of several things of the movie. The concept art shows the Gusteau logo on top of the building, but the restaurant will be called "La Ratatouille". I wouldn't be surprised, since they also didn't care about Andy's backyard being in WDSP or a Toy Story ride inside Discoveryland.

|Q|

well, "la ratatouille" restaurant at the end of the movie has a human sized area and a rat sized one. and i really don't understand this "wrong location" thing. in the concept art the "gusteau" sign is clearly in the foreground, just like the tour eifelle at epcot's france pavillion.

Q

dagobert

For me it seems that the building with the Gusteaus logo is the one where the restaurant is located in the movie. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think Disney is putting the La Ratatouille restaurant in the Gusteau building.

Anthony

Thanks for the screenshots from the film, Alan. The rats' restaurant certainly looks far more inviting!

Quote from: "dagobert"Maybe WDI doesn't care a lot and the whole building will be a mixture of several things of the movie. The concept art shows the Gusteau logo on top of the building, but the restaurant will be called "La Ratatouille". I wouldn't be surprised, since they also didn't care about Andy's backyard being in WDSP or a Toy Story ride inside Discoveryland.
Yes, like I said I doubt they'll go for a literal reproduction of the movie. It looks like a bit of a "mélange". It's still hard to tell whether Gusteau's is meant to be one of the façades, but I'd guess not. The sign could just be part of the rooftops. Perhaps more likely they'll use a little artistic licence to create a new Parisian square, where Linguine's "Le Ratatouille" restaurant is located, and come up with a new "Kitchen Calamity" adventure.

I don't think that's a failing of Imagineering, by the way. Far from it - I'd much prefer they injected some imagination into these character-based rides rather than merely recreating the entire world pixel-for-pixel. It needs to be its own attraction, its own story. I don't think this one will just be reliving exactly what you've already seen on a cinema screen.

dagobert

Quote from: "Anthony"I don't think that's a failing of Imagineering, by the way. Far from it - I'd much prefer they injected some imagination into these character-based rides rather than merely recreating the entire world pixel-for-pixel. It needs to be its own attraction, its own story. I don't think this one will just be reliving exactly what you've already seen on a cinema screen.

Re-creating the movie is pretty hard, especially it is set in a huge city. It wouldn't be possible for WDI to get the locations right. I don't mind putting some imagination into the project, but since Disney is using the actual name of the restaurant in the movie, I just think that the Gusteau logo shouldn't be on the building.

dagobert

I just looked at the concept art again and it seems I'm wrong on the Gusteau building. None of the facades resembles the restaurant in the movie. I guess the logo is just used in the painting.

From where did you get the informations that the restaurant is on the second floor? The building looks huge, what's going to be in the ground floor?

CafeFantasia

With all this talk of Ratatouille, do we all own the film? If you haven't bought it yet, go get it on DVD or Blu-ray or from iTunes. I'd forgotten how excellent it is. Remy is so cute and the script is so sharp. If Disney are going to spend €150 million on this thing, the least we can all do is buy the film :-)

Ratatouille DVD - £15.99
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ratatouille-DVD ... 748&sr=8-1

Ratatouille iTunes HD - £13.99
http://itunes.apple.com/gb/movie/ratato ... d292827807

Ratatouille Blu-ray - £9.99
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ratatouille-Blu ... 748&sr=8-4

BadKid

Where about will this building be located within the WDS park?
"You laugh at me because I\'m different. I laugh at you because you\'re all the same."
-Lady Gaga?

(icon from Formspring)

Josh

To the right of Toy Story Playland. :)
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Hathaway Browne

I'm a bit vague on the location as Playland was still a dream (or should that be nightmare? ;) ) when I last went. I see they've started work on the Costuming Building, so question is has there been any news on where the Tram route will go once the whole things finished? Or will it remain unaffected?
Marching along, we\'re Adventurers! Singing the Song of Adventurers!
Up or Down, North, South, East or West An Adventurers Life is Best!

CafeFantasia

This is where Ratatouille is going. Between the Dinotopia set and the Costuming Building:

Hathaway Browne

Oh wow. Thanks for that.

So the Tram stays the same. Hmm. oh well. I hope they put something to look at on those walls that are close to the road. Even if its just some vintage painted art nouveau posters. You know the kind, Perrier and Orangina - just not them, perhaps one for Gusteau's, another for Le Ratatouille.
Marching along, we\'re Adventurers! Singing the Song of Adventurers!
Up or Down, North, South, East or West An Adventurers Life is Best!

dagobert

The path leading to the Rat between TSPL and the costuming building looks rather small, or is that just due to the plan.