Ratatouille: L'Aventure Totalement Toquée de Rémy

Started by The Butlin Boy, October 12, 2007, 10:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MissDisneyisMagical

well this is disappointing news hopefully we'll get the green light soon i was really looking forward to this for the 20th
<center><embed src="http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/show.swf?message=Kirsty&font=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/fonts/plainn_lib.swf&glitter=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/glitters/glitter78.swf&clickURL=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/&type=0&clickLABEL=Glitter Text Maker&flashLABEL=Satisfaction.com&bevel=0&shadow=1&glow=1&blur=0&fade=0&blink=0&gb=2&ga=0.6&gi=0&gc=16210663&bb=2&bc=0&sb=7&sa=0.7&si=0&sc=0&blb=7&ls=0&fontsize=60&num=78" quality="best" wmode="

andrewuk

The article isn't really any news, it just connects the dots. If the banks have said or are going to say no, then maybe that will be enough to get TWDC to sit up and take notice. Maybe. After all it is in a large part their decisions (and a fair bit of bad luck)that have landed EuroDisney with all this debt and they really ought to take some more responsibility for sorting it out. It is a bit of a shame that the current management have had to do all these cuts through the recession and when they finally want to spend some real money on a unique, quality attraction someone else can just shut them down.
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

peter

We've got to give credit to management, they doing the best they can, especially consideringthey weregiven a failing park, and billions in debt

Josh

You wonder how much different Disneyland would be if that debt just vanished. They've probably given away hundred of millions of Euros that they could have spent on attractions.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

peter

it really is the disney project that should have worked. it just didn't. would we have three theme parks? would we have a water park? one we'll get it all, just not anytime soon, unless twdc do something soon.

but hey, you never know. after $1 billion on california, loads on hong kong, my belief in miracles from disney is slightly higher now!

andrewuk

disneyandmore blog is now saying that both Ratatouille and Jack Sparrow in pirates are 'delayed.'
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

twopick

:D  :D  :D  :D  I would love there to be a ratatouille dark ride at disneyland paris. I loove the idea about the sewers but maybe if they did make it a ride they could make it like a slow rollercoaster for the little ones and the ones that don't like fast rides eg; me. I'm sure not alot of you like the idea but i think it would make the little children experience the same rides like us. I know i have a younger cousin and she loves fast rides so disney would need to get the balance just right between Very fast and slow.
       I also would like their to be a ride that atchally relates to how Mickey and the gang were first created eg; Mickey,Minnie,Donald,Daisy,Pluto,Goofy and many more. They could even do the ride showed you how Mickey was created then show how like an up to date charcter was created. Like Rapunzel from Tangled. I think this would be a very good ride and i hope disney take's our ideas on board.  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

peter

recently saw a video of pooh's hunny hunt at tokyo. if it is the same technology then that is fantastic!!!! i can really see how affective it could be, with large rooms being used and near misses with other guests. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

davewasbaloo

After conversations with some senior friends of mine, we need to now ignore the plans for rat. Also, the 20th celebrations are encountering challenges too. Euro crisis and banks are having a very negative impact and wdi hate it as they have some great ideas.
since 2001 (many before that)

smurfy74

do we need to forget about the rat all together?????? :-( also are WDI having a bigger influence now???

Columbiad

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"We need to now ignore the plans for rat. Also, the 20th celebrations are encountering challenges too.... WDI hate it as they have some great ideas.

This is the saddest thing I have read on these forums in a long time. It sounds like WDI are really turning their attention to DLP  at last (what with what Imagineers have said at D23 and the rumours of a possible major expansion), and its typical that when they do, money is at its worst.

peter

Typical!!!

DCA expansion... Going fine

Hong kong expansion... Going fine

WDW fantasyland expansion... Going fine

Dlp expansion... Down the blooming drain!!!

Was California in $2 billion debt? NO

Was hong kong in 2 billion debt? NO

was Florida in $2 billion debt? NO

Is Paris?
Yes, yet somehow in disneys infinite wisdom, they thought "you know what, let's leave the Paris expansion until Greece, Spain, and Ireland are about to collapse! Let's leave it until the uk government are so worried about the euro crisis, they'll take a vote on leaving the EU, there's an idea!!!"

I know a lot of high up people are constantly going on about the "exciting times" rubbish.

I'm gonna tell you a true story. When looking for schools for my son, we went to one school that we quickly left after a presentation with the headteacher. The headteacher said they were going through "exciting times". I quote : "I'm proud to announce that as part of these exciting times, we are getting ... NEW FLOORING!!"

Disney has become the headteacher. DLP is the old floor. These "exciting times" are covering up a mess that Disney are embarrassed by.

Sorry about that. Rant over.   :)

Josh

Quote from: "peter"I'm gonna tell you a true story. When looking for schools for my son, we went to one school that we quickly left after a presentation with the headteacher. The headteacher said they were going through "exciting times". I quote : "I'm proud to announce that as part of these exciting times, we are getting ... NEW FLOORING!!"
Kind of ironic considering that one of the highlights for this year is indeed new brick floors. :P
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

peter

completely forgot about that.

oh dear!

andrewuk

Rumours on the Disney Gazette and Disney central Plaza forums are contradictory:

Rat is cancelled, or
Rat is approved for 2014 and there will be something else in 2013.

Also, there is a new sign showing a base for EDI:

//http://www.leparisien.fr/espace-premium%20...%20697237.php
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne