Ratatouille: L'Aventure Totalement Toquée de Rémy

Started by The Butlin Boy, October 12, 2007, 10:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SM:M3

Oh what the hell have they done that for, talk about ruining something. Although it does look a little bit photoshopped.

Adam

Looks a bit photoshopped - wouldn't they have covered the entire area rather than part, as it would be easier rather than modifying to meet the changing shape and cover it properly?

Festival Disney

What the....
If it is real, they should have at least made it fit around the entire thing :P
I don't see why they would do this, considering all the benches have a image of Rattaouille on them aswell...
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

JelleP

I hope it's photoshopped! Maybe it's because of the internet speculation, but we're speculating all the time... :P
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

pussinboots

Well that's... Interesting. I suppose they could want something to "unveil" at some point for an announcement? In any case, it looks extremely temporary. They didn't even bother to cover up the bay leaves...

Anthony

That looks messy. Surely even when it's taken off the carving/sculpture will be ruined where the join is.

It'll probably be removed in October with a Pumpkinman in place of Gusteau. ;)

15MagicalYears

Surely that's not real  :shock: ?

bigrossco

Quote from: "jwagner"why did they do this ???

source:DCP

soo odd its like someone made a mistake having it up lol who knows!
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

Scissorsboi

My guess is that for the TSPL opening ceremonies they'll set up a stage area blocking the rest of Paris Pathway, and unveil the new area and announce Ratatouille at the same time.. that'd make sense, wouldn't it? I mean it's clear that the area is Parisian and doesn't fit anything else in the surroundings anyway isn't it?

Maybe guests were seeing Gusteaus face and assuming he was in TSPL? Or they asked where the Ratatouille ride was after seeing it? It's very strange..
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

-breeno-

Seems very odd to cover the Gusteau up, especially after making it so early in the first place.

Is it just me or does the structure covering it look very temporary and not even made from the same material as the rest of the tunnel (kinda gives off a refurb billboard look to me)?  This says to me that it'll be gone in time for Ratatouille, or maybe it's a permanent structure and Gusteau will be placed on it?
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

TimmyTimmyTimmy

Quote from: "jwagner"why did they do this ???

source:DCP

Looks like perfect fit for WDS. There are boxes all over the place.
...perhaps they are rethemeing it to fit more to the latest addions in the park due to popular demand.

It´s easy to see that the box comes off and is temporary. They will probably have a media event showing it off when the ride or new play area is built. The leaves sticking out is a special touch, all in all the worst cover up ever.
Great planning by Disney... again.

Maybe it is an expansion to include more classic toys in the movie studio...
To be a bit more creative, add some paint and have it all rethemed to something people know:

I could say:
"I love it and my kidds will just have a great time by it"
...but then I would not be telling the truth.

The Masked Avenger

pointless

JelleP

I think Anthony's avatar shows how I feel about this...
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

tubbsy

:roll:  Anyhoo .....
Are we any clearer why they've done this? It does seem really pointless especially with all the great detail on the seats.
I'm thinking Scissorboi might have a point that people think they're going to a Ratatoulie ride and they're ending up in TSPL. Hmmmm.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

TimmyTimmyTimmy

Quote from: "tubbsy"I'm thinking Scissorboi might have a point that people think they're going to a Ratatoulie ride and they're ending up in TSPL. Hmmmm.

Talk about disappointment!