Ratatouille: L'Aventure Totalement Toquée de Rémy

Started by The Butlin Boy, October 12, 2007, 10:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DopeyDad

Here's DLPInfos suggested reason for the box

http://www.dlp.info/News/2010/08/gustea ... #more-3345

any French members here know who the politician who looks like gusteau is?

Malin

Great move to cover it up after the image has already hit the net. Is Toy Story Playland having an opening ceremony tomorrow. It will be interesting to see if the Ratatouille Dark Ride is finally confirmed by Disney. I certainly think the park should be raising awareness to the fact this attraction is coming. Hiding Gusteau's face seems a bit odd. Unless plans are in place to annouce it to the media very soon. I certainly hope the park will do some sort of annoucement and not just leave it up to the Internet to annouce like it did for Toy Story Playland. Especially also after Mr Gas was out posing for pictures for the groundbreaking ceremony for the Earl of Sandwich. Although I'm sure it was the Earl of Sandwich that requested the ceremony.

PetiteSirene

I think the second line is just a cover up... I mean come on, why would Disney put a carving of a French politician holding frying pans over an archway :?

It sounds like its just an excuse to try and hide the fact the ride is going ahead maybe?

And too true Malin... Whats the point of covering one aspect up after everyone on the internet already knows about it...  :shock:

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.
Watch and you\'ll see, someday I\'ll be Part of Your World.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia
September 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

Terkina

Quote from: "PetiteSirene"Whats the point of covering one aspect up after everyone on the internet already knows about it...  :shock:

=D>  I don't see the point in that either.
Disneyland 1981, 1986
Walt Disney World 1986, 1990
Disneyland Paris 1995, 2011

Malin

The only people who will get the reference and will get a thrill out of seeing it are the geeks on the net. Since we already know of the existance of the image. No point in hiding it, as for the average park fan this detail will go un miss with most failing to understand or get the reference.

Adam

I can't understand why they want to cover up such a lovely touch. If they are going to do it, at least cover it well!

Also, have you seen this - can't really build a little box over all of these!

http://www.dlp.info/News/wp-content/upl ... Box-05.jpg

PetiteSirene

I think the thing is that Remy on the benches aren't in your face where as Gustau is... But thats still no reason to cover him up! :? I hope they dont damage it with what they've attached the box with!

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.
Watch and you\'ll see, someday I\'ll be Part of Your World.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia
September 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

disneyrules

I love the benches with Remys face. :D
Cant wait tfor the ride to get built i hope its soon. I also dont get why they have covered it up it looked great before.
I only hope that we don\'t lose sight of one thing,that it was all started by a mouse[size=150] Walt Disney
[/size]

:pluto:  :mickey1:

RockNRoller

I have a friend out there at the moment and he asked a CM about it, as far as they were aware its been covered over for the official opening of TSPL so people talk about TSPL and not about the rat. Makes a bit of sense I suppose.
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

Malin

Quoteso people talk about TSPL and not about the rat.

I think it says a lot about the confidence Management have in Toy Story Playland if it feels the need to hide a moral with Gustau's face on it. Perhaps if what you say is true, this could be the closest we get to Management and Disney admitting the TSPL concept is flawed.

RockNRoller

Quote from: "Malin"
Quoteso people talk about TSPL and not about the rat.

I think it says a lot about the confidence Management have in Toy Story Playland if it feels the need to hide a moral with Gustau's face on it. Perhaps if what you say is true, this could be the closest we get to Management and Disney admitting the TSPL concept is flawed.
Could be or maybe they dont want attention taken away from TSPL, as much as I like it Im looking forward to Ratatouille more.
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

Tuvok

Quote from: "RockNRoller"I have a friend out there at the moment and he asked a CM about it, as far as they were aware its been covered over for the official opening of TSPL so people talk about TSPL and not about the rat. Makes a bit of sense I suppose.

That's the only logical conclusion. There will be press at the resort for the official opening and pictures or video's from Gusteau is distracting the focus on TSP now. No panic! The Rat is coming to Paris by the end of 2012 or the beginning of 2013.  :D
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

The Helmsman

Well I guess they covered it up in order to avoid confusion. Not everyone is aware of every single detail, event, future projects, rumors about DLP like us  8) . Most probably people were entering TSPL and asked where Ratatouille is. Until they make an official announcement and place signs for the construction of the new area/ride, it will stay covered. And I think that they did well. I can't wait for the official announcement!

~It Be Too Late To Alter Course~

dagobert

Quote from: "The Helmsman"Well I guess they covered it up in order to avoid confusion. Not everyone is aware of every single detail, event, future projects, rumors about DLP like us  8) . Most probably people were entering TSPL and asked where Ratatouille is. Until they make an official announcement and place signs for the construction of the new area/ride, it will stay covered. And I think that they did well. I can't wait for the official announcement!

That means that Gusteau will be covered until Ratatouille is finished.

Alpop

This sort of reminds me of the Hollywood Tower Hotel logos that were in the La Terrasse area long before they even started digging for the Tower of Terror. It was so obvious, but over looked. If Gastons face had not been photographed, who long would it have taken to spot Remy?