Ratatouille: L'Aventure Totalement Toquée de Rémy

Started by The Butlin Boy, October 12, 2007, 10:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DLP-Photos.com

Quote from: "Alan"The last thing I heard was that it would be open September/October 2012, and wouldn't be ready for the actual 20th birthday in April 2012.

It's funny how they cannot time the opening of new rides a bit better. Ratatouille in sep/oct, TSPL in mid. aug - you would think the attractions should work as main advertisement for "their" year, but I guess they have other plans. Give people a reason to come off season, which could prove to be a smart view.

The first pictures of the parisian area seem great - if it leads up to an attraction of the same quality as the one the "Toilets of Terror" led upto it can only be great for the resort.
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

Tuvok

Quote from: "forza_united"
Quote from: "Alan"The last thing I heard was that it would be open September/October 2012, and wouldn't be ready for the actual 20th birthday in April 2012.

It's funny how they cannot time the opening of new rides a bit better. Ratatouille in sep/oct, TSPL in mid. aug - you would think the attractions should work as main advertisement for "their" year, but I guess they have other plans. Give people a reason to come off season, which could prove to be a smart view.

The first pictures of the parisian area seem great - if it leads up to an attraction of the same quality as the one the "Toilets of Terror" led upto it can only be great for the resort.

The opening of Ratatouille in late 2012 or begin 2013, has a financial reason. A fiscal year for DLP starts on october 1st of each year. They have to begin paying for a new attraction in the year it is officialy opened to the public. By pushing back Ratatouille's opening to late 2012 (after october 1st), they can start paying for the attraction in the 2013 fiscal year instead of the 2012 fiscal year, in essence, delaying the payment. It gives them 1 extra year to generate more profit and benefitting from the Ratatouille attraction (which should attract more visitors), before they need to start paying for it. It realy is very clever.

Offtopic: I think (but that's only my view on it), we can expect an upgrade to an excisting attraction in 2012, so DLP won't celebrate it's 20th anniversary without any 'new' ride. I think Star Tours 2.0 is the ideal choice here for 2012 and Ratatouille as a new E-Ticket in 2013.
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

DLP-Photos.com

Quote from: "Tuvok"
Quote from: "forza_united"

The opening of Ratatouille in late 2012 or begin 2013, has a financial reason. A fiscal year for DLP starts on october 1st of each year. They have to begin paying for a new attraction in the year it is officialy opened to the public. By pushing back Ratatouille's opening to late 2012 (after october 1st), they can start paying for the attraction in the 2013 fiscal year instead of the 2012 fiscal year, in essence, delaying the payment. It gives them 1 extra year to generate more profit and benefitting from the Ratatouille attraction (which should attract more visitors), before they need to start paying for it. It realy is very clever.

Offtopic: I think (but that's only my view on it), we can expect an upgrade to an excisting attraction in 2012, so DLP won't celebrate it's 20th anniversary without any 'new' ride. I think Star Tours 2.0 is the ideal choice here for 2012 and Ratatouille as a new E-Ticket in 2013.

Thanks, that explains a lot... It is obvious that they would want to push the payment for Ratatouille - hopefully this is another sign that we are in for a treat. This cannot be the reason for the late TSPL opening, but I guess it still catches the last couple of weeks of high season.

Yes, I'm sure we are getting something for 2012 when it isn't Ratatouille. Star Tours: The Adventure Continues would be great - this attraction needs some updates.  :offtopic:
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

Anthony

The cobbles! The benches! The lamposts! It's even better than I imagined!

The existing gradient down into this area also works perfectly to give it a very secluded and enclosed feel, about the first area in the whole park to do that but something almost every other theme park in Europe can manage.

Now how will the costuming building be hidden, either temporarily or in 2013...

Tuvok

Quote from: "Anthony"The cobbles! The benches! The lamposts! It's even better than I imagined!

The existing gradient down into this area also works perfectly to give it a very secluded and enclosed feel, about the first area in the whole park to do that but something almost every other theme park in Europe can manage.

Now how will the costuming building be hidden, either temporarily or in 2013...

I've heard rumours that they will install temporary 'place making' of Paris (like Hollywood Boulevard) to hide that building. They should start installing these this year, at least, according to the rumours. With DLP, you'll never know!
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

pussinboots

Quote from: "Tuvok"I've heard rumours that they will install temporary 'place making' of Paris (like Hollywood Boulevard) to hide that building. They should start installing these this year, at least, according to the rumours. With DLP, you'll never know!

"Placemaking..." Must be another English term French Disney fans have embraced and given a whole new meaning, like "groom" for the Tower of Terror bellhops. I mean, they're not replacing much here, are they.

But regardless of the term, that sounds excellent, even though we all know it won't be that temporary!

disneylover

at the end of the day disneyland paris has to watch their budgets after all and its not always possible to build new attractions so star tours 2 is a good way to save money as they hard part (planning and creating) will be done by the other parks and DLP can just buy it from them
also the park only has a limited budget to share around between attractions entertainment and so on
so people need to realise that if new attractions are built then the money comes from someone else's budget
and maybe the 20th anniversary will see the money going to entertainment i know i would like to see more shows back in the parks , dont get me wrong i like the incredible rendez-vous central plaza show but i think the chapparal, videopolis,castle stage and fantasy festival stage need something too
and maybe they could get a new nighttime parade too and i know im not the only one who would like to see the cobles on main street being replaced they are a hazard and the performers in the parades amaze me how they seem to know which parts to avoid..lol

Disney_Dreamer

Where abouts in Toon Studios was this. I was there only a few weeks ago and only saw toystory playland. It looks good though. A shame that it will be ages before I go again

RiverRogue

Quote from: "Anthony"Now how will the costuming building be hidden, either temporarily or in 2013...

In the long term it will be covered in Paris-style facades, with part of the building incorporated into the land, if my sources are right.

The area is looking great. The aging, the slightly toonish edge, and there are already a few Ratatouille-specific details to point out to your non-fanatic friends or family when strolling by...  ;)

QTXAdsy

Ahh, lovely stuff from those photos. :)  

A sure sign that the old Disney we knew before is still there. =D>

Here Come The Belgians!

pussinboots

Quote from: "RiverRogue"In the long term it will be covered in Paris-style facades, with part of the building incorporated into the land, if my sources are right.

That would certainly be ideal. I mean, a long row of empty facades combined with the Costuming people suddenly deprived of natural light doesn't seem like a good idea somehow.

Are they able to give up the space in the building? (And more importantly, what would they put inside... My guess is restrooms.)

Festival Disney

Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

dagobert

Thanks for the pictures. So many details, even on the benches. That's Disney I want to see.

jwagner

why did they do this ???

source:DCP

penfold12

Wow! Maybe because of Internet speculation?