Ratatouille: L'Aventure Totalement Toquée de Rémy

Started by The Butlin Boy, October 12, 2007, 10:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remco K.

Quote from: "Baloo"Woah. Such great ideas. I think you just solved me wondering how they'd do a dark ride from a rat's perspective, since you could never build real sets high or big enough. I wonder if a 3D-glasses dark ride would be more or less expensive than one with actual sets? It could certainly fit into a much smaller space...
The question is, wouldn't they rather throw in a clone of Toy Story Midway Mania? It's cheaper to copy that ride instead of developing a new one based on a simular system.

Perhaps we shouldn't think all that big... A dark ride featuring vehicles following a simple track, like the Snow White ride. This would do with some well themed sets.

Anthony

Quote from: "Remco K."Perhaps we shouldn't think all that big... A dark ride featuring vehicles following a simple track, like the Snow White ride. This would do with some well themed sets.
I was going to say earlier how similar the WDS expansion has been to DCA so far - a toon land and the ToT - only with the addition of Hollywood Blvd, etc.  If they keep following that, we're due a small-ish dark ride soon like Mike & Sulley to the Rescue.

Something Snow White or Pinocchio level would be perfect. The demand is there - all those kids who aren't brave or big enough for Crush but want something a bit more than spinning rides.

Midway Mania would be great, but like you say Remco just a simple dark ride with real scenes might be much better for the park right now.

dlrp-mad

I must admit, I wouldn't mind if it was a Toy Story or Ratatouille ride. I just think that WDS shouldn't turn itself into a solid pixar base, I mean the films are good but I think you can't forget the 'classics'.

I agree that a Ratatouille restaurant would be good, but would it honestly fit in with the studio theme? I think if they do make a ride around it, it should have some kind of 'movie making' element to it, say going on set with Remy or something. I also like the idea above of smells being piped in - would be great for the food outlets nearby, they'd be packed :D

dlrp-mad :mickey2:

dlrp trips:Debut] August 2006 - Sequoia Lodge December 2007 - Disneyland Hotel July 2008 - Newport Bay Club

The Butlin Boy

Thinking about how the exterior could look like, I've realized how much potential this rides building has. Just imagine is we get a small area like the Paris area at the world showcase in Epcot:

Can you imagine how perfect this would be for a Ratatouille ride in the WDS, with the center building as Gusteau's restaurant and the rides entrance :)

Yesitsme

Just posted this in another thread but I guess it sits in this one better... found this little article on Toy Story Mania which I think may be news worthy, is this confirmation of a Ratatouille ride?

Link: http://www.cnbc.com/id/25210747

There's no question that Pixar is an increasingly important driver of Disney parks. The last big attraction Disneyland launched was its "Finding Nemo" Submarine ride last year, it's working on a big "Cars" attraction for Disneyland and a "Ratatouille" ride for Euro Disney outside Paris. All these rides further proof of the fact that Disney's acquisition of Pixar was about much more than just a movie studio, it was about building brands to exploit across all its platforms, which is CEO Bob Iger's big strategy.

RnRCj

Quote from: "Yesitsme"Just posted this in another thread but I guess it sits in this one better... found this little article on Toy Story Mania which I think may be news worthy, is this confirmation of a Ratatouille ride?

Link: http://www.cnbc.com/id/25210747

There's no question that Pixar is an increasingly important driver of Disney parks. The last big attraction Disneyland launched was its "Finding Nemo" Submarine ride last year, it's working on a big "Cars" attraction for Disneyland and a "Ratatouille" ride for Euro Disney outside Paris. All these rides further proof of the fact that Disney's acquisition of Pixar was about much more than just a movie studio, it was about building brands to exploit across all its platforms, which is CEO Bob Iger's big strategy.

Interesting. :-k  Hopefully it's true, but I don't know how reliable the source is. It could be that they've just seen a rumour topic like this on a forum, but didn't realise it was a rumour. We'll have to just wait and see...

Anthony

Quote from: "RnRCj"Interesting. :-k  Hopefully it's true, but I don't know how reliable the source is. It could be that they've just seen a rumour topic like this on a forum, but didn't realise it was a rumour. We'll have to just wait and see...
I don't think so, the writer seems to really know her stuff. (Apart from calling the place Euro Disney, of course...) There's a lot of real quotes in there and a CNBC interview with the ever wonderful Mr Iger at the side. This seems to have the Disney stamp on it. :)

Kristof

I don't know, I'm not really convinced.  We'll have to wait and see I guess.  :-k

Captain Pan

Quote from: "Baloo"
Quote from: "RnRCj"Interesting. :-k  Hopefully it's true, but I don't know how reliable the source is. It could be that they've just seen a rumour topic like this on a forum, but didn't realise it was a rumour. We'll have to just wait and see...
I don't think so, the writer seems to really know her stuff. (Apart from calling the place Euro Disney, of course...) There's a lot of real quotes in there and a CNBC interview with the ever wonderful Mr Iger at the side. This seems to have the Disney stamp on it. :)

I would say that Its got the go ahead... and before we know the gates will be up in the appropriate area of the resort, and raptor will be giving us the insider scoop!

We've just got to start thinking about the nature of the ride... But Maybe that's something for The Sorcerers Workshop!

I found this section of the article however most interesting...
Quote from: "http://www.cnbc.com/id/25210747"Pixar's next movie, "Wall-E," is opening a week from Friday, and Lasseter tells me it's great. Perhaps even more importantly he also mentioned that it could make a great theme park attraction.
Well It would be for Lasseter to say the movies great... but to already be pitching the ideas for an attraction on WALL-E without its cinematic release, Lasseter is really fulfilling the quote I use for my signature... And without the need to jump through the normal hoops of Imagineering we could be see yet another Pixar attraction in the resort... (Not that I'm Complaining)

pussinboots

CNBC doesn't read Al Lutz. They're all about money and business anyway; the mention of something like a future ride is an afterthought, paraphrased from the Disney press release they got. They would never actively pursue rumors unless they affected the Walt Disney Company in a manner that would interest people in power suits. You can trust this one.

Kristof

As long as there's no press release or mentioning of their source, it's a rumour and not a confirmation. :-#

I really don't see a ratatouille ride the next 4 years or so.

pussinboots

Quote from: "raptor1982"As long as there's no press release or mentioning of their source, it's a rumour and not a confirmation. :-#

No one is saying it will appear any sooner or treating it as an official confirmation, but CNBC does not say these things unless Disney spelled it out for them on a press release. They're not rumor hunters unless it involves a corporate merger, and they have no reputation for being interested in the Disney blogosphere.

I might not have a "source" at Euro Disney, but I'm quite familiar with CNBC. It was Disney that fed them this.

Yesitsme

Quote from: "pussinboots"
Quote from: "raptor1982"As long as there's no press release or mentioning of their source, it's a rumour and not a confirmation. :-#

No one is saying it will appear any sooner or treating it as an official confirmation, but CNBC does not say these things unless Disney spelled it out for them on a press release. They're not rumor hunters unless it involves a corporate merger, and they have no reputation for being interested in the Disney blogosphere.

I might not have a "source" at Euro Disney, but I'm quite familiar with CNBC. It was Disney that fed them this.

Agreed^ That's why I posted the article, it seems like a reliable source.

Raptor you say with conviction no ride for 4 years? so what were the imagineers doing that were spotted with Gastreaus' plans discussing sightlines?

I would think that IF a Ratatouille ride is to be built it WILL happen in the next 2 years, it makes perfect sense to 'cash in' on the huge popularity of the film in Europe.

Kristof

C'mon, only thing I said was, as long there's no official confirmation from Euro Disney SCA (as in a press release or an announcement during a shareholders meeting), the Ratatouille ride is still a rumour.  Even if this information was leaked by an Imagineering source to CNBC, it's not official yet.

Yesitsme

Quote from: "raptor1982"C'mon, only thing I said was, as long there's no official confirmation from Euro Disney SCA (as in a press release or an announcement during a shareholders meeting), the Ratatouille ride is still a rumour.  Even if this information was leaked by an Imagineering source to CNBC, it's not official yet.

I agree with you completely (and did not mean to cause offence) I was just curious which is why I asked you about the 4 years thing,