Ratatouille: L'Aventure Totalement Toquée de Rémy

Started by The Butlin Boy, October 12, 2007, 10:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ightenhill

I agree... Would prefer to see Philarmagic or something on those lines.. Fed up to the back teeth of Pixar stuff.. Im not sure Ratatouille has the longevity as a character that the park would be looking for (as opposed to cute Fish Nemo or Cars) ,even though the  the film is actually way better and more adult orientated .
[size=85]WDW Florida July 91(way too hot), DL California June 92,DL California Sep 93, DLP France Feb 96, DLP France March 02, DLP France Christmas to NY 03, WDW Christmas Eve to NY 04, WDW Oct 05, DL California Christmas to NY 05, DLP March 06, WDW Nov 06,DLP Paris Christmas to NY 06, WDW April 07 DL California Nov 07, WDW Dec 07, DLP Mar 08, DLP Jul 08, DL Hong Kong Mar 09, WDW Oct 09,  DLP Xmas 09[/size]

ladyghost

I love Ratatouille movie, my fave from Pixar so far and of course I would love a ride about it.
It's truth I'd love a ride about a cartoon movie too, but let's see what happens.
Ladyghost.

Shadow doesn\'t exist, what you call shadow is the light you can\'t see.

murkai

I would prefer a Ratatouille themed resturant more than a ride really. More 'classic' Disney themed rides would be better at the Studios for me. :)

Javey74

Re:
Quote from: "murkai"I would prefer a Ratatouille themed resturant more than a ride really. More 'classic' Disney themed rides would be better at the Studios for me. :)

I totally agree I think a resturant would be brilliant, set out exactly the same as the movie, with a large Remy figure by the side of the doors as you walk in welcoming you.. :wink:

Brilliant  :D/

Nicholas-c

i can see a ride based around the drains near the start of the film then around paris..
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

pjulie75

I thought Rendez-vous des Stars was already doing this?  I am sure someone mentioned this on the Forum that the restaurants is themed like the film.

The Butlin Boy

:bump:

Could it be true? :o

Quote from: "WDSfans"A Ratatouille darkride nibbling its way to WDS?
Posted by raptor1982 on Thursday, May 15 2008

Guimik, a member on Disney Central Plaza Forum claims he overheard 2 Imagineers talking to each other in Toon Studio about a Ratatouille attraction. He says they were carrying a concept art representing Gusteau's restaurant that's supposed to go behind the Studio Tram Tour Station. Of course, we can't take this seriously... Or can we?

Link

:-k

dagobert

That would be great, but I a few weeks ago I read in an article that Robert Iger (Disney CEO) said that there will be no franchises, like themepark rides, of Ratatouille.

Kristof

Quote from: "dagobert"That would be great, but I a few weeks ago I read in an article that Robert Iger (Disney CEO) said that there will be no franchises, like themepark rides, of Ratatouille.

Wasn't that an article dated before the European releases?  Ratatouille was the BEST selling picture in 2007 in France and it did very well in other European countries as well.

Captain Pan

I'm struggling to see how a Ratatouille ride would work.
I don't know why but I can't see how it would work unless it becomes a general movie one like Flight to Neverland is.

Japper

I rather see a Ratatouille ride than another Toy Story ride :)

RnRCj

Quote from: "Japper"I rather see a Ratatouille ride than another Toy Story ride :)

Same! Something unique would be much better in my opinion.

Well this is certainly an interesting rumour. I'm not going to get my hopes up because obviously there's a good chance this won't happen. But if it did, I think it would be perfect for WDS. Maybe it would be a water ride? WDS definitely needs some water - They could use the sewer scene at the beginning of the film. If not, maybe they could do a 4D ride - A bit like the Spiderman ride Islands Of Adventure in Florida? The 4D aspect would be able to make people see the world from a rat's point of view.

I'm getting my hopes up now... I'd better stop. :lol:

Whoknew?

Quote from: "RnRCj"I think it would be perfect for WDS. Maybe it would be a water ride?

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"a concept art representing Gusteau's restaurant

if they theme the ride as gusteau's restaurant there won't be much water especially outside the building.

but everything wich pushes the tram tour repositioning, so expanding the current wds boundaries, i do like  =D>

Anthony

Quote from: "RnRCj"Well this is certainly an interesting rumour. I'm not going to get my hopes up because obviously there's a good chance this won't happen. But if it did, I think it would be perfect for WDS. Maybe it would be a water ride? WDS definitely needs some water - They could use the sewer scene at the beginning of the film. If not, maybe they could do a 4D ride - A bit like the Spiderman ride Islands Of Adventure in Florida? The 4D aspect would be able to make people see the world from a rat's point of view.
Woah. Such great ideas. I think you just solved me wondering how they'd do a dark ride from a rat's perspective, since you could never build real sets high or big enough. I wonder if a 3D-glasses dark ride would be more or less expensive than one with actual sets? It could certainly fit into a much smaller space...

This rumour does sound like the ones you hear for UK theme parks ("I saw some guy with a clip board!!1111 OMG we're getting a 500ft coaster!!!!111!!!!"), and look at the kind of rides we end up with... you've given me more hope with that 3D idea though.

Combine the digital projection of Crush's Coaster, the 3D glasses of Midway Mania, the swervy dark ride cars of Pinocchio and a building themed on one side to Gusteau's and you've got a relatively cheap major hit dark ride.

WilliamK99

I have an even better idea, the ride you described, plus pipe in smells like they do in Soarin over California. It would be great for the ride to take us into the kitchen where Remy and pals are cooking a gourrmet dinner, and the smells of the meal permeate through the air. It would be fantastic!