[EDV] 50 Glorious Years: Sleeping Beauty castle

Started by Patrick, May 05, 2005, 09:36:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrick

Well the 50th is here and so I am back with a new idea decided by me and Raptor.  Here's what it is, I am going to show all the things that Disneyland Resort Paris has gained from the original park in Anaheim.  Since 1955 Disneyland has entertained guests and now it still lives on in many ways even after Walt died 35 years ago.  As we all know 13 years ago on the 12th April 1992 Euro Disney opened its gates and continues to entertain guests, with great shows and attractions like "The Legend of the Lion King" and "It's a Small World":D.  
Originally opened in Disneyland were just a few attractions, though many of these have travelled the world in all the other Disney magic Kingdom parks.  Even Disneyland Paris gained the wonderful name as "Sleeping Beauty's Castle" but in French with "Le Chateau De La Belle Au Bois Dormant".

This time the castle is amazing in size and is the major dominant centre piece for the resorts Disneyland Park in Paris.  Also unlike its 1955 counterpart it is not based on Le Chateau De Usee since that can easily be found just down the road with many glorious examples of medieval castles.  Instead it is based merely on fairytale.  This in my mind shows that literally it is the nicest of all Disney castles for this very reason.  Also we have leant what opened in the Sleeping Beauty Castle in 1959 in Disneyland, the sleeping Beauty walkthrough which depicts the tale of Sleeping Beauty, of course along with many things in Paris this was ecstatically shown their detail in it, with murals, fountains and even books carved out of stone.  As we walk through both parks many things resemble different things, but the things that stay the same are easily wonderful consistent theme in many lands and the fairytale magical feel that is felt throughout the park.
Well thank you for reading my first instalment into Disney Park 50 glorious years of history, tomorrow night I shall be exploring more into the world of attractions and anything else we gained from that was originally in Disneyland California.

Disneyana

This is a nice idea ! I'm looking forward to read more of it.  :wink:  Yes I think Le Château de la Belle au bois dormant is the nicest Disney castle just because it is based on fairytale. Because of that it's sooo magical and lovely.
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

Jorien

Quote from: "Disneyana"This is a nice idea ! I'm looking forward to read more of it.  :wink:  Yes I think Le Château de la Belle au bois dormant is the nicest Disney castle just because it is based on fairytale. Because of that it's sooo magical and lovely.

I'm completely with you!!  :wink:

Jorien :D

Kristof

I agree that our castle looks is the fairiest of 'm all!

Masamune

:P It's pink! What more could we want? :D My fave feature of the castle is actually the stained-glass windows that tell the story of Sleeping Beauty...