Star Tours enhancement/upgrade (EEP)

Started by Anthony, April 23, 2005, 08:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smurfy74

id like to think they are planning something for Star Tours 2 and like you say seeing if there is an appetite for this - im sure there is - hopefully the meet and greets will be a huge success. im thinking this will be the disneyland parks 20th anniversary attraction and something next door when Captain Eo closes

Caz

Great to see the Star Wars character meet'n'greets on the schedule. Does anyone know if they're likely to still be there in Feb? I have two HUGE Star Wars fans for whom meeting some characters  would be the highlight of their visit.
Disneyland Hotel - SEPT 17
Davy Crockett  - JUL 15
Davy Crockett  - JUN 12
Hotel Cheyenne - FEB 11
Magic Circus - SEPT 10
Newport Bay Club - NOV 2009
Sequioa Lodge - JAN 2009
Davy Crocketts  -  AUG 2008

Martyn

Yes this is a bit random...

torillien

having just come back and being a MASSIVE starwars fan .. I can say this ride is fabulous and I can't wait for its overhaul .. we were also lucky to get the man Vader himself - the characters weren't about for the 10:15 am but we caught Vader at just gone 12 .. I was bouncing for the whole afternoon .. :D
Self confessed Eeyore nut, IT Geek, IBM Champion, and Disney addict
WDW - Feb 2013 - Pirates at the Caribbean Beach

DLP - March 2012 - Disneyland Hotel, WDW - January 2012 - Swan Restort, DLP - June 2011 - Sequoia Lodge, WDW - January 2011 - Dolphin, DLP - November 2010 - Sequoia Lodge

CafeFantasia

Yeah, I saw Darth Vader in person when I was at the park last week. It really adds to the day having Star Wars characters available for photos. Star Tours had absolutely no queue in the middle of the day, which was an added bonus.

dagobert

Take a look at this pictures. That's what Star Tours looked in January 2011. The pictures were taken from a fellow Austrian on another forum. I asked for permission to use them here.

That's shameful for Disney. I wonder if Disney will fix that or if they will wait until ST II.

CafeFantasia

The weird thing about that is, Star Tours in Paris has 6 simulators, which they rarely run all at the same time. So why would Disney choose to run a simulator as bashed up as that? Surely the other 5 simulators are in better condition, or maybe not?

dagobert

The pictures were taken during high season, so maybe Disney was running all six simulators.

bikemonkey

Would love Star Tours 2 to come to Paris.

Have you seen the video of the announcement at the D23 Expo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VliPqCf4Z0w

Brilliant

CafeFantasia

The new C-3PO animatronic, that's going to actually be in the StarSpeeder 1000 simulators in Star Tours: The Adventures Continue, looks really cool. The George Lucas animatronic is incredibly realistic too  :D

MattyD24

i'm sure we all remember a certain "PLANK" who likes to promote Tokyo Disney over Disneyland Paris...

i've found a few quotes of his, regarding Star Tours, on MiceChat...

QuoteIf anybody wants to ride Star Tours they way it was ment to be the last chance is to do so in Tokyo Disneyland. The ride looks a new as it was on day 1.

](*,)  ](*,)  ](*,)

QuoteStar Tours in Paris is in a TERRIBLE state. Broken chairs, some of the worst audio and video in any themepark ever. It will be a miracle if you ever reach lightspeed.

guess i could agree with him on that one  :(

//http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort-paris/
//http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort-paris/149581-few-tomorrowland-questions.html

Disneyland Paris
Disney\'s Hotel Santa Fe 1996, 1999, 2005
Davy Crockett Ranch 2011?

Walt Disney World Resort Florida
Off-Site 2002, 2008

fly_with_me_dumbo

this ride made me feel terribly sick, at one point i'd be totally into it beliving it then the next my mind would click outof it and it was like ohhh its just like one of the simulator rides at bridlington beach

luke85

Quote from: "fly_with_me_dumbo"this ride made me feel terribly sick, at one point i'd be totally into it beliving it then the next my mind would click outof it and it was like ohhh its just like one of the simulator rides at bridlington beach

Totally agree. I can ride all sorts of rollercoaster, but this is the only attraction that makes me feel like i'm going to throw up!

CafeFantasia

If Star Tours make you sick, you should try Mission: SPACE at Epcot. It's really more like an endurance/stress test, than a ride.

dagobert

Quote from: "Alan"If Star Tours make you sick, you should try Mission: SPACE at Epcot. It's really more like an endurance/stress test, than a ride.

Mission: Space is great. It's one of the most intense ride I've ever experienced. Unfortunately people already died on that ride. It's the same system austronauts and jet pilots use for training. A few years ago Disney added a simulator like the one used for Star Tours.