Star Tours enhancement/upgrade (EEP)

Started by Anthony, April 23, 2005, 08:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Welcome to the forum, disneyparis34!

It's a rather vague way they seem to confirm the update, listing it in the A to Z under S: "The attraction will undergo a complete renovation and offer multiple destinations, even as many as 56! All inspired by the most recent Star Wars episodes."

But at least that's some public confirmation it's coming.

dagobert

That's great news, but when it comes to DLRP I'm always very sceptical about such news and so I still have doubts about it. At least the management is thinking about new rides and upgrading old ones. ST II would makes sense, since all versions around the globe are getting the upgrade.

However the way they announced ST II is very strange, like Anthony already mentioned. I hope it's not another msitake by a French magazine that just looked up Star tours and found the descriptions for the US rides. It wouldn't be the first time that they got the infos wrong, like when they wrote that DLRP would get two rides in 2014.

Malin

Surely this update to the attraction is much needed. Even in Paris but we do need to address this with some scepticism for now. I'm still waiting for Jack Sparrow. Although this area of the park hasn't got much going for it now days apart from this very dated attraction. Captain EO is gone for now and so it could do with a boost. And the Star Tours upgrade is great fun.

dagobert

Quote from: "Malin"Surely this update to the attraction is much needed. Even in Paris but we do need to address this with some scepticism for now. I'm still waiting for Jack Sparrow. Although this area of the park hasn't got much going for it now days apart from this very dated attraction. Captain EO is gone for now and so it could do with a boost. And the Star Tours upgrade is great fun.

As long as there is no evidence of construction or an official announcement by ED SCA, I'm also very sceptical.

DLRP Roundup!

Brilliant news if true! :)
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

mattboywonder

That would be great
Disneyland - 1991, 1995, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010, 2012
Walt Disney World - 1998, 2000, 2010, 2011, 2012
Tokyo Disneyland - 2008, 2011, 2012
Disneyland Paris - 1997, 2002, 2007, 2008, 2009 (March, May, Halloween & Dec), 2010 (Feb, July, Oct & Dec), 2011 (April, July & September), 2012 (March, April & July & New Years Eve) 2013 March
Hong Kong Disneyland - 2007, 2008

Simba 27

I wait for an official announcement about this update.
Until then, finger crossed....

Past trips:
Disneyland Paris: 2001-2005-2007

Disneyland California: 2006

Columbiad

I'd love to see an exterior refresh as well, since STII takes place before STI - maybe some nice bronzy finishes to ease the tranition from Victorian visionary to modern move-maker? :lol:

Patrick89

I still think Slash Mountain doesn't fit in DLP, as the weather is just too bad during most parts of the year. Of course you can say, you don't have to ride it on cold days, but in the end, of course you want to try it out ;) I've been to Europa Park last week, it was pretty cold, and I became wet in Fjord Rafting - now I've got a cold for almost a week. If I just imagine, I would have become wet and sick on my first day in DLP, where you usually stay for more than 1-2 days, I would say this wouldn't have been the best experience I could imagine...But as this becomes very off-topic, we should maybe come back to Discoveryland and Star Wars ;)
Secure all cargo, all passengers aboard!

---------------------------------------------

Bring back the moon!

dagobert

Quote from: "Patrick89"I still think Slash Mountain doesn't fit in DLP, as the weather is just too bad during most parts of the year. Of course you can say, you don't have to ride it on cold days, but in the end, of course you want to try it out ;) I've been to Europa Park last week, it was pretty cold, and I became wet in Fjord Rafting - now I've got a cold for almost a week. If I just imagine, I would have become wet and sick on my first day in DLP, where you usually stay for more than 1-2 days, I would say this wouldn't have been the best experience I could imagine...But as this becomes very off-topic, we should maybe come back to Discoveryland and Star Wars ;)

Did you take pictures at europa Park. I would appreciate it, if you could post some, because we may stop there on our way to DLRP in September.

As for Splash Mountain, I can see it working in Paris. It works in Tokyo as well, but the ride needs another story. Disney CEO Iger made it clear several times that under is tenure Song of the South will not be used anymore. And in my opinion that theming doesn't fit into our Frontierland. It should be based on something original that connects to Thunder Mesa.

ford prefect

Splash Mountain as been rumoured for so long that it has become apochraphyl.  These rumours are highly unlikely to come to fruition for a VERY long time and probably not at all.

No funding and no desire from EuroDisney.
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

Patrick89

Quote from: "dagobert"Did you take pictures at europa Park. I would appreciate it, if you could post some, because we may stop there on our way to DLRP in September.

I'm sorry, I haven't taken any as I forgot my camera at home...But I wouldn't have had the time anyway, because I've been there with people not taking time to look for details/landscape/atmosphere... Just rushing from one "adrenaline" ride to another. This would have been the nightmare group for DLP ;)
Secure all cargo, all passengers aboard!

---------------------------------------------

Bring back the moon!

Josh

Quote from: "ford prefect"Splash Mountain as been rumoured for so long that it has become apochraphyl.  These rumours are highly unlikely to come to fruition for a VERY long time and probably not at all.

Actually, it was axed ages ago, due to the cold weather and because it's not as popular over here.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

dagobert

Quote from: "Patrick89"I'm sorry, I haven't taken any as I forgot my camera at home...But I wouldn't have had the time anyway, because I've been there with people not taking time to look for details/landscape/atmosphere... Just rushing from one "adrenaline" ride to another. This would have been the nightmare group for DLP ;)

No problem!

As for Splash Mountain it can't see it happen either, at least not in its current version found at Disney Parks around the globe. In my opinion the weather shouldn't be a problem, because it works in Tokyo as well and other European themeparks have flume rides, too. Besides the lack of funding, the theme is also a big problem. As I've mentioned before Song of the South will not be used anymore by Disney and it wouldn't fit the Thunder Mesa theme. WDI has to come up with something new. Since the focus is currently on improvng WDSP, I guess we have to wait at least five more years to see a new ride in DLP. WDI just filed a patent for a new water ride system that should be installed in Shanghai and maybe in the future we get a ride based on that inside DLP.

ford prefect

Quote from: "Josh"
Quote from: "ford prefect"Splash Mountain as been rumoured for so long that it has become apochraphyl.  These rumours are highly unlikely to come to fruition for a VERY long time and probably not at all.

Actually, it was axed ages ago, due to the cold weather and because it's not as popular over here.

sorry, i should've been more specific.  My statement refers to ALL the current round of rumours including Star Tours, Star Wars Land, Studio re branding etc.

Splash Mountain was never on the original plans or concept, although (IIRC) there was a blue sky for a water park with a volcano theme.

These rumours all fit in the same category as the now almost mystical "third gate".  Nice to dream about but never going to happen.
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!