The Old Mill - Return Of?

Started by ICHAPMAN, August 29, 2007, 11:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ICHAPMAN

Hi,

Anyone know anything about "The Old Mill" in Fantasyland coming back into service later this year? (September / October 2007)

Someone on DISBoards has (apparently) been told this is the case during a Guided Park tour.

See -> http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1561199

Regards

Iain

Owain

Wow, this would be great if they could re open this unique attraction.  :)

Kristof

Interesting rumour, but I'd like to point out that park cast members are usually the last to be informed about something like this, unfortunately.  But I'll ask around with my trustworthy sources.   8)

Owain

Raptor and his trustworthy sources !  :lol:  Lucky !

GeoffD

i remember this ride when i last went on in 99.

Fantastic views, even saw New Port Bay hotel, it'd be fantastic to have it back.

Soap

Would be a good re-opening of this unique little attraction. Such a shame for not using it.
So Raptor, bring on the (hopefully good) news  :P
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

ICHAPMAN

Two Things:

A) If back in service, where are they gonna put the Christmas Presents!
(If you've been during the Christmas Season, the 'buckets' are normally filled with large presents).

B) You'd think, even with it out of service, they'd keep it running during Park Hours for decoration, and if only to ensure that it works and parts don't seize up.
lthough I realise this would be an 'additional' cost.

nicoledlrp

. i remember the views too.it was a nice ride and worth dumping the xmas pressies for.

owenwoods

Just thought i would update the rumour about the Old Mill coming back into service as it was myself who posted the news on another site!
The news came from a VIP tour guide about 2 weeks ago when i was given a guided tour of the Disneyland Park.
He said it WILL be back in operation Sept/Oct'07. :lol:

owenwoods 8)

Masamune

:o *Is curious* Why did this ride close in the first place?

-breeno-

Quote from: "Masamune":o *Is curious* Why did this ride close in the first place?

My guess not many people went on it, it never seemed a big ride.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Masamune

:P I think it looks charming, I'd definatly go on it if they re-opened it.

Reiana

It was a cute little ride.  :stitch:  Rode it in 1996. I always wondered why it got closed. :-k

disney_dudette

I went to Disneyland Paris in 2005 and 06 but in 05 I wanted to go on it but I didn't knw if it was open or not, but I'm going next year in 2008 in April so I should be looking forward to going on it! WICKED! LOL :lol:
DIsney Dudette :mickey2: 8=0]
Rember...
Dreams can come true, with:
Faith, Trust and alittle bit of Pixie Dust

swity

I would love to see it back...That would be so great. A few days I saw a video of my while I was on it... :D