Pirates of the Carribean | official topic

Started by Owain, January 05, 2007, 12:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parkfisch

Quote from: "WaltDisneyFanBoy"I love the DLRP version. I have never been to WDW. So, i don't no if that version is better, or not

I know all 4 versions. Paris is the best, Orlando is the worst.

WaltDisneyFanBoy

Quote from: "experiment627"
Quote from: "raptor1982"Grandmath has launched the rumour yesterday that the big novelty for Disneyland Park next year will be... the movie layover for POTC.  I'm curious if Jack will make it to the ride this time for real, and not just on fan message boards.   :wink:

Oh please... just let it be another fanboy rumour! Keep Jack out of "Pirates"... and if they want to do something with the movies, why don't they finally fix "La Cabane..." before it crashes down into the Adventureland lagoon...
Wy don't u like the idea of Jack being part of the Pirates actraction? It might turn out to be something really good, after all!!

experiment627

Quote from: "WaltDisneyFanBoy"Wy don't u like the idea of Jack being part of the Pirates actraction? It might turn out to be something really good, after all!!

Well, because the way I see it, for the moment, we enter a completely different world when we walk into "Pirates of the Caribbean"... with a movie tie-in - as well crafted as any update would be - the whole thing becomes a "Spot Jack!"-attraction... losing quite a bit of its scope, in my humble opinion.

-breeno-

Yeah i agree with you experiment627, adding Jack could ruin the whole theming of POTC, maybe Jack would fit into the ride better if the was a massive refub and changed all of POTC to make more like the movies (add in scenes etc.) but then the orginal POTC would the gone.  No don't add Jack to POTC, keep it as it is, great theming and a great ride :)
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

WaltDisneyFanBoy

well, we will just have to wait, and see, right?
Disney knows what they are doing, so I don't think they are
gonna mess with this populair actraction to much.

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "WaltDisneyFanBoy"well, we will just have to wait, and see, right?

They've made some bad decisions in the past (*Cough*Space Mountain Mission 2*Cough*) :wink:

WaltDisneyFanBoy

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"

They've made some bad decisions in the past (*Cough*Space Mountain Mission 2*Cough*) :wink:
Call me stupid, if u want. But what's wrong with Space Mountain Mission 2?
I like it verry much. And I am usually not a coaster kinda guy.

experiment627

Quote from: "WaltDisneyFanBoy"Call me stupid, if u want. But what's wrong with Space Mountain Mission 2?

I suppose you didn't get to know "Space Mountain: de la Terre à la Lune"...?

Reiana

I don't like the idea of having Jack in our POTC.
At the moment our POTC is unique and original and it should stay that way.
Of course, I understand pepole who have visited other Disney Parks may ask, "Where is Jack", but is this that important?
In my opinion, in a few years, let's say 10 years, nobody really remembers the movies anymore and Jack will be just another Animatronic among the others.

WaltDisneyFanBoy

Quote from: "experiment627"
Quote from: "WaltDisneyFanBoy"Call me stupid, if u want. But what's wrong with Space Mountain Mission 2?

I suppose you didn't get to know "Space Mountain: de la Terre à la Lune"...?

Yeah, I did. about 12 years ago, when I went to the parc for 5 days, and then two years later. So, I've been on the original version too

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "WaltDisneyFanBoy"
Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"

Call me stupid, if u want. But what's wrong with Space Mountain Mission 2?

I'm not saying that SMM2 is a terrible ride, but compared to the storyline, the music, the style, the queue and everything about the original version, it's not as good. :?

swity

I don't know what to think about it...I think many people who visit Disneyland for the first time ride POTC because they think:Oh-this is the attraction basing on the movie.So they already expect Jack Sparrow. So I don't think it would change or ruin POTC that much...

Reiana

And that's the piont.
The attraction came first, then the movie and not vice versa.
People should know about this and think "Ah that's the attraction, the movie is basing on."

I know this sounds stupid, but I think it is disrespectful to the ride. Chance the whole original POTC just because of a movie.

Nala_84

I wouldn't mind if we got Jack, I would like it :)!

I don't think Jack beside so many other pirates would ruin the attraction and I don't think it would be disrespectful for the ride...
... what I found much more disrespectful was changing Le Visionarium with Buzz, who surely doesn't fit into the "old" Discoveryland of the Visionnaires... :(
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Maarten

Please, bring Jack to Paris! Its already a shame they didn't cash in on the movies succes in 2006 and 2007.  :wink:  

Quote from: "Reiana"Of course, I understand pepole who have visited other Disney Parks may ask, "Where is Jack", but is this that important?

Yeah, I think its important. Not only people who have visted the Anaheim, Orlando and Tokyo versions of Pirates will mis him, but also people who have seen the 3 films expect to see him. Pirates of the Caribbean is a very strong brand now, and people expect to see at least Jack Sparrow since he is such a popular character in the films. I wouldn't be surprised if a few people per day actually complain at City Hall about the lack of Jack in the ride. Disneyland is not a museum. Ofcourse Space Mountain: Mission 2 was an evil crime from day one, and so is Buzz in Discoveryland, but the addition of Jack Sparrow is just a small addition to the exsisting ride which will please a lot of guests. Besides that, the Sparrow and Barbossa animatronics I saw in Orlando where the best animatronics I've ever seen in my humble opinion.

QuoteIn my opinion, in a few years, let's say 10 years, nobody really remembers the movies anymore and Jack will be just another Animatronic among the others.

So what's the problem then? For those who remember the films in a few years, it will be a nice rendez-vous with Sparrow and Barbossa, and for those who don't know the films by then won't even notice them. Just my two cents. :P