Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast (8th April 2006)

Started by Anthony, March 14, 2005, 12:46:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kate

thats great thanks for that info, we often takes a disabled child with us so its good to see the accessability...its great to see that dlrp are continuing to offer equal ops to disabled guests.

btw how do disabled guests board this ride?.....normal guest queue, fastpass or exit?

thanks
Kate, disneyholic who is having withdrawal symptoms!

Anthony

The disabled vehicle is VERY impressive!!  I didn't expect it to allow a wheelchair to actually be taken onboard, that's brilliant!  And in answer to your question, kate, I the disabled entrance is located in the undercover section of the queue, near the on-ride photo desk.  I'm not sure if it's the exit or the entrance you use, but it's definately in that corner.  Hopefully Raptor or Flor can let us know when they get back.

Here are some photos of the Shareholders preview organisation from Scrooge on DMI forum:

They didn't use the main entrance for the previews, instead they opened a gate on the far side of the outside queue area.  I guess this was so that normal guests didn't try and get in.  The members over on that forum are saying that the previews were very well organised and that people coming off the ride were very positive.

Here's an image of the special wristband the Shareholders got:

:arrow: http://kyotodlrp.free.fr/bracelet.JPG (by Kyoto)

And I know we've seen this before, but Kyoto has also made a rather nice video of Buzz doing his French spiel: http://kyotodlrp.free.fr/dlrp25032006%20015.avi

Kristof

We're just back from DLRP!  Laserblast is a great ride, much better than the WDW version!!!!  It really love it (except the facade ofcourse  :wink:)

Kristof

Our Laser Blast photos are now online!!!

http://www.photosmagiques.com/gallery/laserblast

Anthony

Glad to hear you like it!  :D  :D

Thanks for the photos, they're awesome.  I especially like how they show how good the lighting is in the queue area, it definitely looks much better in photos than the other versions do.

How many times did you ride it?  What were the queues like?  And the reactions of other people at the previews?  Tell us more!!  :lol:

Kristof

The queues were quite short before noon.  Only AP's and Shareholders got access, so it all went quite fast.  Lines after 14h were looooooong.  The complete outside queue line was filled up.  Waiting time was around 40 minutes (high capacity ride means shorter waiting times).

I think we did it 4 or 5 times!  It's fun to try and improve your previous score and find hidden targets.  I've also been trying to find Nine-Eyes, but can't find her anywhere...  :(

Actually, I haven't heard any reactions from other guests, but I know my family loved it (including my grandmother).   :)

Anthony

Thanks for the info!  It's interesting you say the queue line filled up and the queue time was 40 minutes.  It's a very high capacity ride, so do you reckon that'll be the normal maximum wait?

Does anyone happen to know how many vehicles there are on the ride?  I'd like to know how the capacity compares to Phantom Manor.  I'm guessing it's much much lower...

Quote from: "raptor1982"Actually, I haven't heard any reactions from other guests, but I know my family loved it (including my grandmother).   :)
A lot of reports I've read seem to be very very positive, and you made a good point saying even your grandmother liked it - it seems to be a very all-round attraction which is perfect for the park/land.  People seem to actually forgive the fact that they put the ride in Discoveryland and just be glad that we've got such a fun, addictive new ride.  Which sounds like great news for DLRP!  :D

Kristof

QuotePeople seem to actually forgive the fact that they put the ride in Discoveryland

Is that for me??  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

When we exited the ride, we got surveyed about it.  The CM asked me what I liked most about the ride (I said the whole concept) and what I disliked the most (I said: the location where they've put it  :wink: )

In case any one wonders, she also asked:
- How would you rate this attraction
- Is there a similar ride like this in the resort
- What did you like the most
- What did you dislike the most
- Are you staying on property

Anthony

Quote from: "raptor1982"
QuotePeople seem to actually forgive the fact that they put the ride in Discoveryland

Is that for me??  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Lol, no!  I know how you feel about that one...  :wink:

It's nice to see they're doing a survey about it, but the questions are a bit strange - I can't really think what kind of information they'll get out of it.

Maarten

Quote from: "Baloo"It's nice to see they're doing a survey about it, but the questions are a bit strange - I can't really think what kind of information they'll get out of it.

I think they try to keep the satisfaction level as high as possible by getting to know what the guests think and/or want. I mean, they interview so many people. I went during the Christmas Season of 2004 and the Summer Season of 2005, and both times I got interviewed too, over at It's A Small World and the entrance of the Walt Disney Studios. I can still remember some questions the castmember asked last summer while we were in the Studios like "How many times have you been to Disneyland Resort Paris?", "Are you staying on property?" and "What was the reason you wanted to come to the Resort during this season?" I answered that we came for Fantillusion and Wishes, both can't be seen during the spring for example.

Kris

Those questionaires are hilarious. In January 2005 when I had mine in WDS, the CM looked shocked at my suggestions of "maybe that big tower ride like they have in the states, or a land for cartoon characters" when she asked about how WDS could be improved.

Anyway, back on topic. Has anyone heard any info about the press opening on Friday?  :shock:  8) Who can access this event... is it? JUST press? I have to get there lol.
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

Daniel

If i go to Disneyland Paris this year i will go on this ride. From what pictures and some videos which i have seen i have to say that this ride looks very impressive, well what do you expect from Disney. :D

Anthony

Quote from: "Daniel"If i go to Disneyland Paris this year i will go on this ride. From what pictures and some videos which i have seen i have to say that this ride looks very impressive, well what do you expect from Disney. :D
Yeah, it's looking more impressive by the day, especially now they've put all this stuff for the press event into the park:

More: http://www.dlrp.fr/actularge.php?id=548

I wish they wouldn't make the proper grand opening a press-only event, it's really ungrateful to those people who spend money going there frequently.

Kris

Oooooh, do I sense some sour grapes? This event looks amazing... way better than DLR's!!!!!! If anyone in France can record a clip off TV, I don't think we will be dissappointed. The new Buzz outfit sound so cool, but it's a shame that people who get into the park for free (and report on this as a job) get to see it, rather than paying guests.  :roll:
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

Anthony

Quote from: "Kris"Oooooh, do I sense some sour grapes?
Yes! :lol:  But I can understand them reserving this for press/celebs-only - image the crowds if they opened it up to all guests!! Arggh!  They probably are doing the best thing with just having a simple ceremony on Saturday, like the SM:M2 one.

And to quote Kris, here's some info about what the press event might feature:

Quote from: "Kris"Does anyone remember the opening of SM back in 1995? The rocket man that flies? Well a little birdie told me there's going to be a rather cool version of that this week. I wonder who it could be Rolling Eyes Possibly Buzz flying with his wings spread and smoke coming from his jet pack?

http://forums.chrismedia.co.uk/viewtopi ... =3257#3257

Sounds good to me!  Anyone know if there's going to be fireworks of any kind?  I could camp out on top of the Vinci parking lot to watch them... :lol: