Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast (8th April 2006)

Started by Anthony, March 14, 2005, 12:46:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Oh WOW.

http://www.dlrp.fr/actularge.php?id=496

I love Laser Blast!!!

Anthony

Someone's been sneaking behind the construction fences....

What do you think?  We've never seen it from that angle before, it gives a really good idea of how it sits within the land, next to Autopia and Orbitron.

I think it fits in *amazingly* well.  At the start of this project I would never have anticipated the exterior to blow me away so much, and fit so well into the design of Discoveryland.  Sure, there's the Buzz figure and some cartoony satellite dishes, but I think it's been done SO well.

The fact that they've added more plants into the land is really good too, and that planting area is a lot bigger than it originally looked.

Overall, I think what I really like about this attraction is how you can really tell is a DISNEY attraction.  The flooring, the queue barriers, the poster, the building, the details...  It's brilliant, definitely a worthy replacement for Le Visionarium, in my eyes.

Patrick

It looks impressive, really I'm amazed at how nice our building looks, much nicer than any of the others and with not too much of a certain colour it really helps to make it not too over the top, and nice addition of the plants :) .

Also now the construction walls have been taken down for the Cast Member Soft Openings.

Photo from Raptor1982

Anthony

Wow!  Now that's a nice entrance!  I love the blue and yellow ground there...

It's funny to see guests looking confused already, I'd hate to be the CM there having to explain why they can't go on the attraction.  :lol:

Looks like it's a lot sunnier in Paris than it is here!  :(

The Butlin Boy

Jorien

Wow, the whole design, i think it looks great. They did a very good job from what i can see on the pictures.

Kristof

Anthony

I'm SO SO SO impressed!!

The amount of effort put into this attraction is quite simply amazing!!  :o  :o

The "Star Command" fastpass machine covers... the cool theming around the on-ride photo screens... the very tasteful "coming soon" signs... the *cool* attraction poster... the beautiful on-ride photo desk... the green lights in the fastpass area at night... the brilliant on-ride photo artwork... They REALLY pulled this this one out the bag, I almost can't believe it looks *this* good!

Bravo to everyone at Imagineering and in the park management who made this happen, you've achieved the impossible with the troublesome "Buzz Lightyear" theme, and given us AMAZING hope for Tower of Terror and Toon Studios!!  This is a brilliant time to be a DLRP fan.  :D

The Butlin Boy

There were soft openings of Buzz today, don't believe me look at this:

And there is a small video of the animatronic buzz that lives in the que line, he can speak both French and English:
http://reslife.free.fr/18-03-2006/buzz_so.wmv

Anthony

I just read about this on Disney Magic Interactive!  Thanks for the photos!

Wow, they kept this under wraps didn't they?

I can't help but think that all those people waiting for the PA Dream and Shareholder "previews" will be a little bit annoyed...

Edit: That outside queue looks like HELL!  :(

The Butlin Boy

Here are some more pics:

The Butlin Boy

More pictures can be found on the link (warning:this link contains a few spoilers)
http://www.disneytheque.com/index.php?/ ... LIERS.html

Maarten

Source: //http://reslife.free.fr/18-03-2006.php

The first Hidden Mickey has been spotted! What would a Disney attraction be without one? Just one bad detail in the queue and the loading area of the attraction; in the paintings they used the Space Mountain from the American and Asian parks. I don't know whether the Imagineers did this on purpose or that it's just costcutting.  :?

I understand that a Victorian Space Mountain wouldn't fit at all, and that most of the guests don't even recognise the Space Mountain of the other parks in this paintings. Perhaps they should have made some new paintings, but on the other hand; it would have been more expensive insteed of copying. They did probably the right thing.

Anthony

Quote from: "Maarten"I understand that a Victorian Space Mountain wouldn't fit at all, and that most of the guests don't even recognise the Space Mountain of the other parks in this paintings. Perhaps they should have made some new paintings, but on the other hand; it would have been more expensive insteed of copying. They did probably the right thing.
I think they did the right thing.  In the other parks, it's really obvious that that piece of the artwork is meant to be a hidden secret - Space Mountain.  But in Paris, it isn't very obvious at all (to the average guest), so it's a much more "clever" in-joke.

I wonder if the Imagineers/management used that same logic to cover up their costcutting, for cloning the attraction so exactly?  :lol:

Kristof

A member on DCP had the chance to do the ride today and noticed that in the queue line "Astro Blasters" has been printed on one of the huge manuals...  :?  :roll: