Toon Studio placemaking

Started by Anthony, March 14, 2005, 12:06:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

disneymadchris

Quote from: "Dream_Maker"Animagique is going to be blue  :( At dlrp.fr we can see two photos, where we see the wall painted:

http://www.dlrp.fr/actu_placemaking_dis ... _1060.html

Does anyone know roughly when the scaffolding will come down?

Kristof

News about the new floor by http://www.wdsfans.com

Quote from: "WDSfans"La Roquine on Disney Central Plaza saw the first square meter of the new Toon Studio flooring. Currently all concrete has been scraped off and is being replaced by a checkerboard of blue and concrete flagstones. Each flagstone will be separated by a border of red bricks. The combination of these colours will hint to the colour style of both Cars Race Rally and Crush's Coaster.

Riebi

Sounds interesting. Hope all blue make the studio bright enough.
Seems to be a mix from the diffrent concept art.

Is may still the opening date for the area?

Happy to see some pics of it soon.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

disneymadchris

Quote from: "raptor1982"News about the new floor by http://www.wdsfans.com

Quote from: "WDSfans"La Roquine on Disney Central Plaza saw the first square meter of the new Toon Studio flooring. Currently all concrete has been scraped off and is being replaced by a checkerboard of blue and concrete flagstones. Each flagstone will be separated by a border of red bricks. The combination of these colours will hint to the colour style of both Cars Race Rally and Crush's Coaster.

Cool. This could either look really incredible or really catasthrophic.

Riebi

Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Sigton

that's really impresive :D !

Soap

Looks indeed great, much better!
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Anthony

Looks like they got a buy one get one free on the new main entrance flooring. :P  It's pretty much exactly what we asked for though, and the red divides to the checkerboard are very nice.  But grey tiles? Hmm... I'll have to see how it looks when it's finished.

Only thing which bothers me is that the parade route is no longer marked on - that's going to be hell for guest flow having to keep guests in the right place.

Japper

Quote from: "Baloo"Only thing which bothers me is that the parade route is no longer marked on - that's going to be hell for guest flow having to keep guests in the right place.

Just make some robes ;) Just like they do at some places in the mainpark!

Kristof

Number 3 on Animagique has been repainted in the same colours as the one on Crush's Coaster building. So they did not replace it by a Disney-style font.

Source and photo at http://www.disneytheque.com

Maarten

Quote from: "Baloo"But grey tiles? Hmm....

Indeed, I thought they would chose for some bright small concrete floorings instead of these grey tiles. It doesn't look sunny or cartoony to me at all. But maybe it will work out fine. I read somewhere that they will install some flooring with fiber optics aswell. Now that would be magical! Like pixie dust. I remember seeing that effect near Innoventions in Epcot. Hopefully it will turn out to be true.  :)

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Maarten"
Quote from: "Baloo"But grey tiles? Hmm....

Indeed, I thought they would chose for some bright small concrete floorings instead of these grey tiles. It doesn't look sunny or cartoony to me at all. But maybe it will work out fine. I read somewhere that they will install some flooring with fiber optics aswell. Now that would be magical! Like pixie dust. I remember seeing that effect near Innoventions in Epcot. Hopefully it will turn out to be true.  :)

I really hope this is true, the fiber optic flooring near Innoventions is excellent and would really add a lovely Disney touch to the Studios!
since 2001 (many before that)

kurgly_bird

wow all looking fab isn't it. i'm so upset i'm not going this year, first year since i was 7 that i'm not gonna be going  :(. can't wait to see it all at some point.

Charlotte

Maarten

The Flying Carpets are opened for public. Take a look at a part of the new flooring of Animation Courtyard:

In the meantime the Flying Carpets over Argrabbah received some small enhancements and clean ups;

Before:

After:

Source: Scrooge at //http://www.disneymagicinteractive.com/forum/index.php?f=17

I'm still not really sure what to think of the flooring. At the moment is seems quite overwhelming in a negative way. But thats just my opinion. I guess the impact will become much clearer when we have an overview of the entire area.

Anthony

Quote from: "Maarten"I'm still not really sure what to think of the flooring. At the moment is seems quite overwhelming in a negative way.
Yes, definitely! :(  But we were told it'd be a blue checkerboard, so I'm hoping they'll colour that black tarmac somehow.  The actual tiles are very nice, but that tarmac makes it look awful, at least on a murky day like today.  I'm thinking/hoping they're nowhere near done here... Or at least it'll all make sense when we see the entire floor, like you say.

Edit: Reading the topic on DMI, they suggest the black tarmac is perhaps temporary, to be replaced by final paving with those fibre optics dotted through them as the final step.  Now that would take this from "HORREUR TOTALE" to "magnifique!" :wink:

And on a plus side, Flying Carpets is looking nicer. :)