The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Started by Anthony, March 12, 2005, 04:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-breeno-

Wow great photos Maarten, thanks for sharing them :D .
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

RnRCj

Really good photos Maarten! :D I especially like the last photo - It gives you an idea of the enormous size of the tower :lol:

The Butlin Boy

Thanks for the photos Maarten, they're great :D

Maarten

Thank you guys for the nice feedback. I'll post a full tripreport very soon with more pics ofcourse.  :)

Disneyana

Wow the Tower looks better and better. And he's so huge !!  :shock:  I'm very looking forward to see him myself. But I'm still afraid of this ride.  :?
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

netjack

I found the following post in a german forum:
QuoteEs gibt auch gerüchte dass die besucher im aufzug stehen und nicht sitzen werden. Die befestigung der besucher wird am bauch festgemacht.
Source: http://freizeitparkweb.de/cgi-bin/dcf/d ... &viewmode=

English:
There are rumors, that guests will not sit but rather stand in the elevators of our tower. The fastener will somehow be connected at their belly.

Has anyone heard that rumor, too? Sounds pretty new to me.

BR,
Netjack

Kristof

Haha, no you have to sit down.  I've seen the elevators myself.

Disneyana

Oh good. If we would stand in it I wouldn't ride with TOT. So great that this rumour isn't true.
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

RnRCj

I can't imagine standing up, and I'd rather sit down :lol:

Anthony

All the original Disney-MGM adverts showed people free-standing in the elevator, nothing holding them down...  :lol: I'm sure a few people still think that's what happens.

Nicholas-c

if you had to stand then when it fell you would leave the floor and when u get to bottom everyone will be in a comical pile on the floor
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Owain

Quote from: "Baloo"All the original Disney-MGM adverts showed people free-standing in the elevator, nothing holding them down...  :lol: I'm sure a few people still think that's what happens.
When i went to WDW when i was 8 i wouldnt go on TOT because i thought you just went in an elavator and stood up.

Owain

Quote from: "raptor1982"Haha, no you have to sit down.  I've seen the elevators myself.
:o  When ?

Imagineer

Peeking at the Christmas Presents
[reported by Kris Kringle & DLP.info-Team]

OK if you dare to read on you might make Santa really, really angry ... and that means he might decide to give you a sack of coale and no presents at all this coming Christmas. But then you are not really going to sneak a peek of your Christmas presents, it'll be the Christmas presents for the Disneyland Resort Paris, more specifically the Walt Disney Studios Park, and all fans of the resort ... also it is not really peeking at all ... all you are going to do is read a rumor what might be the Christmas presents this year ... so are you ready??
THEN HERE WE GO: rumors are spreading among cast members and fans re-enforcing hopes of many fans that guests might be able to drop into the Twilight Zone already in 2007! While the Halloween date is no longer mentioned (rumored more than a year ago as the opening date) and the official advertising doesn't budge (but sticks to an "opening early 2008" line) word on the streets and walkways is now that the resort might call in Santa Claus for some extra help to surprise cast members and guests with the opening of the Tower of Terror as a special gift for the Christmas day 2007! According to the same rumors Santa Claus would also have something for all guests to young or scared to venture into the dilapidated Hollywood Tower Hotel: the Stitch attraction in the Disney Channel building might open as a Christmas gift as well!
The rumors does not mention though, whether these openings (if they would take place) would be for imited previews only during selected times or for full operations...

Please note: DLP.info usually is rather reluctant to spill the beans by publishing rumors ... but these rumors are not only so tempting but are also so massively spread among the elves of Santa Claus that we just had to mention them here. But as any rumors they should be taken with more than just a single grain of salt - especially as in this case any slow down in construction, technical problem or even a plain decision of marketing might prevent them from coming true...

Unfortunately these news are unconfirmed.

Kristof

Actually, its has been said many times before on the board here that ToT will soft open on December 22. I'm sorry Imagineer, but DLP.info isn't the most up-to-date source for news anymore.  :wink:

Unless something bad happens, it WILL open on December 22. (confirmed).