The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Started by Anthony, March 12, 2005, 04:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicholas-c

Quote from: "raptor1982"
Quote from: "esmeralda"OMG!!! :wink:  So, I'll better be in good condition that day...
I just wonder that so many young children dare...
But did anyone got sick after it??

Didn't Baloo get sick after his first ride??  :lol:

really ? hehe im sorry :( shouldn't laugh :P

any idea how i can get my mum on it when we go ? :P she insists she isn't going on it but i want her too i think she will like it :P
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Anthony

Quote from: "raptor1982"Didn't Baloo get sick after his first ride??  :lol:
You make it sound like I vomited through the exit corridor. :lol:

I felt a bit queasy, which is understandable when you've just dropped and bounced up 160ft for the first time. Felt a bit dizzy after Crush for the first time, but the second time is always fine, once you know the sensations.

toonarmylass

me thinks a nerve as been hit he he he. it happens though baloo

nathan.jackson

Has all building work stopped at the studios now (apart from the billboard at studio 1)?

Anthony

Quote from: "nathan.jackson"Has all building work stopped at the studios now (apart from the billboard at studio 1)?
Yes, apart from a few fences next to Stitch Live! for Playhouse Disney.

mehdi5

Quote from: "Baloo"
Quote from: "nathan.jackson"Has all building work stopped at the studios now (apart from the billboard at studio 1)?
Wasn't that confirmed as an extra queue for the English version of Stitch Live?

Anthony

There are two small bits fenced off, one connected to the old CyberSpace exit (must be Playhouse Disney) and one connected to the Stitch queue (could indeed be an extension).

There's no work going on in the area at all at the moment, anyway... :?

Baloo points his big moderator signs at himself. :offtopic:

nathan.jackson

Quote from: "Baloo"

That's great! With Studio 1 finally getting rid of the billboard  :D/  WDS is looking like it will be a lot "cleaner" when I go in a couple of weeks! Last year TOT was being built and that was just awful!! Scaffolding and fencing everywhere!

Plus did anyone notice that the High School Musical parade streamers kept getting caught up with the building work?!

Anthony

Quote from: "nathan.jackson"Plus did anyone notice that the High School Musical parade streamers kept getting caught up with the building work?!
Now they just get caught up in the trees. :wink:

Actually, the gardens to the left of ToT have been changed just recently. A few of the large fir trees have been removed in favour of some small palms planted into the ground. I'm guessing they wanted to do this all along (that area didn't exactly feel very "Hollywood" before) but couldn't plant them during Winter.

You can just about see them here:

The Rose Garden is looking beautiful too.

ColdSun

it looks so cool but 4 drops :shock: ? I think I'll chicken out *sigh*...

Tinkerbelle

we went to Tower of Terror like 6 times (3 in a row... :oops: ) ... and I don't know...
maybe I'm getting older (I first went to TOT in WDW in 1996 and I was 16 years old then) or maybe I was too scared in that WDW trip,... but this TOT didn't seem as scary to the Orlando version...
Yes it's 4 drops or even 5, but just look upwards at the begginning of the experience right after attaching the seatbelt and you'll see that the drop is not that bad, you can see the top of the elevator "tunnel" and it's not that high(I don't know what the name is in English, sorry) and you can see for yourself.
The truly scary thing about TOT was seeing my brand new hdd videocamera floating in the air during the attraction ( I can't believe that it survived to so many rides)

It was less scary than we expected but we still loved it, and the only thing that stopped us from riding more often was the long lines (and the fastpass that was kind of useless in that attraction at least from our experience)

We used fastpass once, and without it it was 30 minutes of wait, the fastpass queue was 20 minutes...  :roll:

RnRCj

Quote from: "Tinkerbelle"Yes it's 4 drops or even 5, but just look upwards at the begginning of the experience right after attaching the seatbelt and you'll see that the drop is not that bad, you can see the top of the elevator "tunnel" and it's not that high(I don't know what the name is in English, sorry) and you can see for yourself.

That is true that when you look up it doesn't look very high, but trust me it is. :lol: It is quite deceiving, but the Paris tower's drop shaft (That's the word you want :wink:) is pretty much the same height as the Orlando tower's.

Quote from: "Tinkerbelle"The truly scary thing about TOT was seeing my brand new hdd videocamera floating in the air during the attraction ( I can't believe that it survived to so many rides)

I know what you mean - The airtime on ToT is absolutely insane! :shock: My dad's backpack was floating in front of his face when we rode it.

never2old

OK, maybe stupid question... Is it safe to keep your glasses on in the ToT? I'm always scared of losing them in rides (which is why I've only seen SM in a blur)....

CafeFantasia

I'm qualified to answer this question :-)

Have you ever actually worn your glasses on a ride, and had a problem with them almost falling off? The answer is most likely, no. The Tower of Terror is actually a very smooth ride, and poses no threat to a wearer of glasses.

The only rides you have to be careful with are the Temple of Peril and Space Mountain. And the only real reason why you have to be careful is because of those huge OTS (over the shoulder) restraints, which smack against your head throughout the rides. So, it's not a question of your glasses falling off, but more a case of the frames/arms getting damaged due to the violence of the vehicles.

MizzRabbit

Actually when we went on ToT they told people to take off their glasses. So, I'm not sure if you're right.

My Disneypics gallery]http://public.fotki.com/MizzRabbit/[/url]
Use password]