The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Started by Anthony, March 12, 2005, 04:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clarebelle

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"Does anyone know the min age for this ride, my DD is nearly 40 inches and is 2.5 years old and always begs to go on this ride.

Min ride height of 40 inches applies, so shes almost there  :)
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "Clarebelle"
Quote from: "littlemermaid83"Does anyone know the min age for this ride, my DD is nearly 40 inches and is 2.5 years old and always begs to go on this ride.

Its just for BTM you have to be at least 3 years and 40inchs to ride, yet no mention of age for ToT on the Disneyland website.  

Anyone been on ToT with a 3 year old here?
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

RnRCj

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"Anyone been on ToT with a 3 year old here?

I saw a child on it that looked about 3 years old, maybe even younger. The bellhop was a bit unsure whether to let them ride; I was expecting them to at least start crying; but they actually enjoyed it. :lol:

Clarebelle

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"
Quote from: "Clarebelle"

Its just for BTM you have to be at least 3 years and 40inchs to ride, yet no mention of age for ToT on the Disneyland website.  

Anyone been on ToT with a 3 year old here?

that is wierd, but I can understand it! on BTM even I get thrown about a bit and I suppose a small child could fall out? where as all that  happens on TOT is you lift our of you seat ...

littlemermaid83

Oh what the hell if shes 40inches by September then she can go on ToT it if she wants.  She will be 4 weeks away from turning 3 anyway.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Clarebelle

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"Oh what the hell if shes 40inches by September then she can go on ToT it if she wants.  She will be 4 weeks away from turning 3 anyway.

awww!! I bet she will be really pleased! (or terrified lol) the kid I sat next to on it love it, can't say I did that much though

toonarmylass

id tried to talk matthew out of it as i was poopin myself that much but he was having none of it lol, loved it after we went on though could stay off it

Kristof

Well let's close the trip planning questions here and leave this topic only for news and updates.  Trip planning questions may be posted in the Trip Planning Board.  :)

steppelemming

Does anyone know if it matters what size you are to go on the TOT?  I went on the florida one many years ago and loved it however these days I have a much larger frame (my polite way of saying quite overweight  :P ) and I would love to go on it when we go to dlrp for our honeymoon in a couple of weeks.  I was fine on all the other rides when I went with my sister last June, I just dont want to suffer the embarasment of queing and not being able to do up the safety restraint  :oops: .
Disney trips
1988 - WDW Florida
1994 - WDW Florida
1996 - WDW Florida
1998 - WDW Florida
2000 - DLRP Caravan
2001 - DLRP Hotel cheyenne
2007 - DLRP Explorers hotel
2008 - DLRP Kyriad hotel
2010 - DLRP xmas trip, sequoia lodge
2011 - DLRP hotel cheyenne
2012 - Halloween here we come

Anthony

You'll be fine on Tower of Terror (especially if all the other attractions were ok), don't worry. :wink:

And once again, any personal questions about a future trip should go in the Trip Planning board. The Resort/DLP/WDS forums are for general discussion, news and updates.

esmeralda

Hi everyone!
I'm going to DLRP in July( my 17th trip)- can't wait- I'm pretty excited to ride it but I'm not sure if I dare :shock: I'm totally fine with SMM2, Rock'n Roller Coaster, maybe Crush is the hardest for me. So how often does it drop and when it drops, does go from top to bottom in a few seconds?
Thanks for help!! :stitch_bounce:  :cheshire_bounce:  :maleficent_bounce:
Julia

Anthony

Quote from: "esmeralda"So how often does it drop and when it drops, does go from top to bottom in a few seconds?
It drops and rises very fast, here's the sequence if you want me to spoil it:

- First drop
- Rise to the top, doors open for photo
- Drop all the way to the bottom
- Rise halfway very fast, float in mid-air
- Drop
- Rise slower right back up to the top
- Doors open, elevator shudders and then drops all the way to the bottom, as you hear the sound of crashing pots, pans and glass

So 4 drops. :wink:

esmeralda

OMG!!! :wink:  So, I'll better be in good condition that day...
I just wonder that so many young children dare...
But did anyone got sick after it??
Julia

Kristof

Quote from: "esmeralda"OMG!!! :wink:  So, I'll better be in good condition that day...
I just wonder that so many young children dare...
But did anyone got sick after it??

Didn't Baloo get sick after his first ride??  :lol:

never2old

4 drops???  :shock: oh god... That's a lot... And this is supposed to be FUN???  :shock: