The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Started by Anthony, March 12, 2005, 04:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clarebelle

Thats a great photo!!!

I wish I dared take my camera out so I could take a photo (so people believed I actually went on it) but my camera was safe? inside my bag, WHICH WAS OVER MY HEAD FOR MOST OF THE RIDE!!!

QuoteNow that is a view, might even be able to persuade the wife to ride it if thats what you can see. 2nd question is how long do you get to look at it before you plummet
Oh not TOO long, its not long enough![/color]
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Kellogs

Quote from: "RockNRoller"Now that is a view, might even be able to persuade the wife to ride it if thats what you can see. 2nd question is how long do you get to look at it before you plummet. [-o<

Really not that long, about long enough for the photo, and then you only really see it one more time on most of the settings on the finally lift to the top before the quick plummet back down to the bottom.

never2old

Probably I'm the only one not to know this, but how long does it actually take to go down?

Anthony

To go down? About 2 seconds, or less. It drops you faster than the speed of gravity, so... :wink:

never2old

Quote from: "Baloo"To go down? About 2 seconds, or less. It drops you faster than the speed of gravity, so... :wink:

:shock:

Hmm not sure I'm meant to go on it, then...

Kristof

In fact, you don't drop... You're pushed down...  :lol:

Nicholas-c

still trying to get my aunty on it for when we go in august :P she has been on florida one and didn't like it, but wanna get her on our version :P
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Clarebelle

Quote from: "Baloo"To go down? About 2 seconds, or less. It drops you faster than the speed of gravity, so... :wink:

It feels a LOT longer on the big drop!!

meteor75

Quote from: "RnRCj"Does anyone know the words of the whole French narration for Tower Of Terror? I can't seem to find it written down anywhere at the moment. I know the English one of by heart, but I don't understand some of the words in the Fench one. If anyone could write it out, or provide a link to it somewhere, I'd be really grateful. :)

Et voilà ! Here is the French narration (I have also included the original English script and if necessary, how the narration has been adapted to fit French expressions).

Vous êtes les passagers d'un des ascenseurs les plus stupéfiants qui soit. Et vous allez faire le plus étrange voyage de votre vie.
You are the passengers on a most uncommon elevator... about to take the strangest journey of your life.

Votre destination ? Inconnue. Mais une chose est sûre : une réservation a été faite en votre nom, pour une durée prolongée...
Your destination? Unknown. But this much is clear: a reservation has been made in your name, for an extended stay...

Dites adieu au monde réel... Car vous venez de pénétrer dans la quatrième dimension.
Wave goodbye to the real world... for you have just entered the twilight zone.

Les tristes événements qui s'abattirent sur ce haut lieu d'Hollywood, sont sur le point de se reproduire...
The sad events that occured in this very famed Hollywood place are about to unfold once again...
What happened here to dim the lights of Hollywood's brightest showplace is about to unfold once again.

Par une nuit d'orage il y a fort longtemps, cinq personnes passèrent les portes d'un ascenseur pour vivre un cauchemar. L'orage est maintenant de retour et les portes s'entrouvrent à nouveau, mais cette fois-ci, elles s'ouvrent... pour vous !
One stormy night long ago, five people stepped through the door of an elevator and into a nightmare. The storm is back and that door is opening once again, but this time it's opening for you...
One stormy night long ago, five people stepped through the door of an elevator and into a nightmare. That door is opening once again, but this time it's opening for you...

— Scream ! —

La prochaine fois que vous réserverez dans un hôtel abandonné dans la partie sombre d'Hollywood, prenez bien soin de préciser combien de temps vous restez... où vous risquez de devenir des résidents permanents... de la quatrième dimension.
The next time you make a reservation into a deserted hotel on the dark side of Hollywood, do check for how long you are staying, or you could find yourself a permanent resident... of the twilight zone.
The next time you check into a deserted hotel on the dark side of Hollywood, make sure you know just what kind of vacancy you're filling, or you could find yourself a permanent resident... of the twilight zone.

RnRCj

Quote from: "meteor75"
Quote from: "RnRCj"Does anyone know the words of the whole French narration for Tower Of Terror? I can't seem to find it written down anywhere at the moment. I know the English one of by heart, but I don't understand some of the words in the Fench one. If anyone could write it out, or provide a link to it somewhere, I'd be really grateful. :)

Et voilà ! Here is the French narration (I have also included the original English script and if necessary, how the narration has been adapted to fit French expressions).

Vous êtes les passagers d'un des ascenseurs les plus stupéfiants qui soit. Et vous allez faire le plus étrange voyage de votre vie.
You are the passengers on a most uncommon elevator... about to take the strangest journey of your life.

Votre destination ? Inconnue. Mais une chose est sûre : une réservation a été faite en votre nom, pour une durée prolongée...
Your destination? Unknown. But this much is clear: a reservation has been made in your name, for an extended stay...

Dites adieu au monde réel... Car vous venez de pénétrer dans la quatrième dimension.
Wave goodbye to the real world... for you have just entered the twilight zone.

Les tristes événements qui s'abattirent sur ce haut lieu d'Hollywood, sont sur le point de se reproduire...
The sad events that occured in this very famed Hollywood place are about to unfold once again...
What happened here to dim the lights of Hollywood's brightest showplace is about to unfold once again.

Par une nuit d'orage il y a fort longtemps, cinq personnes passèrent les portes d'un ascenseur pour vivre un cauchemar. L'orage est maintenant de retour et les portes s'entrouvrent à nouveau, mais cette fois-ci, elles s'ouvrent... pour vous !
One stormy night long ago, five people stepped through the door of an elevator and into a nightmare. The storm is back and that door is opening once again, but this time it's opening for you...
One stormy night long ago, five people stepped through the door of an elevator and into a nightmare. That door is opening once again, but this time it's opening for you...

— Scream ! —

La prochaine fois que vous réserverez dans un hôtel abandonné dans la partie sombre d'Hollywood, prenez bien soin de préciser combien de temps vous restez... où vous risquez de devenir des résidents permanents... de la quatrième dimension.
The next time you make a reservation into a deserted hotel on the dark side of Hollywood, do check for how long you are staying, or you could find yourself a permanent resident... of the twilight zone.
The next time you check into a deserted hotel on the dark side of Hollywood, make sure you know just what kind of vacancy you're filling, or you could find yourself a permanent resident... of the twilight zone.

Thank you so, so much! :D I really do appreciate that.

Nicholas-c

I haven't been since ToT opened but...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Xayr47iEZ8

Are the bellhops really that mad ? :P
July 2009 - All alone

Clarebelle

Quote from: "Nicholas-c"I haven't been since ToT opened but...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Xayr47iEZ8

Are the bellhops really that mad ? :P

I don't know, but our belhop was REALLY creapy lol first he asked if we all spoke English so we all said yes, but he continued to speak French to me! I was like please speak English, I was scared I was going to die haha and after, when he opened the doors to leave the ride, he started caressing the door ... ok, He must really love his job  :lol: but he made the whole experience 10 times more enjoyable! I don't want to go back on unless hes our bellhop!!

littlemermaid83

Just watching the video shown before you go on the ride freaks me out.

Love this ride.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Nicholas-c

To be honest i dont think you can beat these cast members :D at the end of the night on BTM, PM, POTC the CM are always great fun!
July 2009 - All alone

littlemermaid83

Does anyone know the min age for this ride, my DD is nearly 40 inches and is 2.5 years old and always begs to go on this ride.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!