The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Started by Anthony, March 12, 2005, 04:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peep

Quote from: "pussinboots"The French version of that banner (as seen on Disneytheque.com) uses the Disneyland15 logo (which has "Resort Paris" written underneath in tiny letters). So this "Disneyland Paris" throwback is most likely just a temporary gimmick aimed at the WDW-loving Britons.

There is also a major flaw with this new ad scheme. All the posters at bus stops have now been taken down and some have been replaced by a new, really really bad, WDW poster.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Pixie

I havent red all the posts here, but I would like to know if ToT is sutible for the kids (8 year)? Is tehre height limit?

-breeno-

Minimum Height for ToT is 1.02m if this answers your question :D
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Pixie"I havent red all the posts here, but I would like to know if ToT is sutible for the kids (8 year)? Is tehre height limit?

It depends entirely on your own child's personality, For instance, the first time I went on TOT, there were about 5 children in our elevator, all of which came of in tears, whereas on another time, there was a five year old girl who was fine, she was even wearing a TOT pin! You should ask your child whether or not they want to go on, the ride itself is suitable, but the story and scenery may be what scares them. If he or she doesn't want to do it at the last minute, the staff will let you out of the ride through a special exit, its not a problem. Hope this helps. :)

RnRCj

Quote from: "Pixie"I havent red all the posts here, but I would like to know if ToT is sutible for the kids (8 year)? Is tehre height limit?

I haven't actually seen anyone who hasn't enjoyed it yet. From a 3 year old toddler to a 90 year old woman, they've all enjoyed it. I'd say if a child can go on Big Thunder Mountain, they can go on Tower Of Terror too, and they'll be very proud of themselves once they come off it! :D

ScroogeMcDuck

Hello Everyone,

Im new here, but just wanted to register to point out some issues with the adverts. I in fact won the MTV advert competition and discovered that Disney have very complicated advertising arranements with their agencies. There were strict creative issues which had to be included, such as the script and the TV spot was only allowed to be 20 secs due to the required 10 sec MTV promo on the front which was dissapointing. The TV ads on other channels are just dubbed versions of the American ones (i saw the same ads in Florida last year), but they do however prescribe to the brand image and simple tv mass marketing which Disney is looking for. I agree with you all that these are a let down in comparison to the overall campaign, however i like to think my ad made up for that a little bit :) however that too was far from perfect.

Anyhow, hope this clears up anything you may have been wondering, feel free to ask me any questions (i did get to meander round ToT at 3am when it was empty, so found out quite a lot of weird and wonderful information!)

Cheers.

arno-hh

Hallo,
today I saw the Show "Disney Filmparade" on Pro7. You can see the Stitch Live! Opening and a bit of the new Show High School Muscial 2. But the largest part of the show is the opening of the Tower of Terror!
Have fun watching it:
[dailymotion:o0vgx84x]x5b637[/dailymotion:o0vgx84x]

bye
Arno

Anthony

Quote from: "ScroogeMcDuck"Im new here, but just wanted to register to point out some issues with the adverts. I in fact won the MTV advert competition and discovered that Disney have very complicated advertising arranements with their agencies. There were strict creative issues which had to be included, such as the script and the TV spot was only allowed to be 20 secs due to the required 10 sec MTV promo on the front which was dissapointing.
Welcome to the forum and congratulations for winning!

Do you know if your advert is still playing on the MTV channels? I don't ever really watch them, but tried to catch a few ad breaks last month and never saw it.  Is it online anywhere?

Unrelated, just found a great ToT image I've never seen before on the 15th blog:

Gorgeous. (If a bit faked) :wink:

mehdi5

Wait aren't those stones bases with lanterns from Phantom Manor?

Captain Pan

I've found an Amazing Picture from the Opening Night... I didn't take it and Have to give sources for everything these days as a University Student, and It only seems right to do so but seeing French Rugby Star Sébastien Chabal on the Tower made me laugh. I Wonder what he thought of the Ride?
//http://www.towerofterror.org/board/viewtopic.php?t=2653 (I would put the picture up... but am still trying to learn the ropes)

Owain

Please can people just be sensible and not get us fences around this too !  :evil:  :x

Source; Paul Arthur, Theme park review

Japper

Grrrr... what is wrong with that people?? Isn't it just normal to not climb in a fountain?  :shock:

Soap

Argh!!! Why are some people so disrespectfull over scenery and other peoples stuff...... :cry:
This isn't normal attitude people.....
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Anthony

Yeah, it's actually impossible to get a picture of the fountain during the day. Oh well, so long as no-one lets their kids try to fill it up...

But seriously, could a DCA fan tell me no kid has ever stood in their fountain? I'm getting really sick of these American reports filled with "Look...! Look...! Look....!". Just enjoy the bloody parks.

Japper

Yeah, that's also what I thought reading that tripreport on themeparkreview...No pictures of how beautiful the park is, just only pictures of the downsides.. that's really weird.

But besides that.. it's a bit irritating that some parents let their children go crazy on the props! Like the Cars one (Luigi).. this fountain and the other day I saw some kids climb over the fence onto the Armaggedon vehicle!