The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Started by Anthony, March 12, 2005, 04:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fever

The bus stop posters have also appeared, I will upload a pic a bit later. I also thought the  logo was rather odd. Strange they are using a different one.
Welcome foolish mortals

peep

I noticed a poster yesterday in Bromley, was quite a nice one. I may take a pic if you want but its probably the same as the others.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

mehdi5

Just went on it again yesterday, i'm still enjoying the ride program, it's very good. Although i do hope for the random drop system sometime in the near future. By the way does anyone have the high-res version of the Parisian version of the HTH logo that is also seen on the Twillight Zone skin from this forum? I'm trying to make some wallpapers but i can't seem to find a good quality version. Also i've been on the California version also but i prefer the Paris version. The lightning seems to have been improved and the French version just sounds scarier than the towers original English narration.

Soap

D*mn i didn't dare to do it...... :oops:

My brother, fiancee and sister where totally hyped about it and loved the ride.
My mom didn't like it all. Yes, she loved the story and theming, but she had a headache all day long after the drops....

Ah well, maybe next trip i will have a brave day ;)
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Riebi

I pray for u  [-o<   :mrgreen:
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Rystall

Hi everyone  :D
Here are some strange pictures from april 12.

-
My pictures of Disneyland Paris]http://family.webshots.com/album/556583301aYKhpR[/url]
My pictures of Walt Disney Studios ]http://family.webshots.com/album/558228994VEwFdK[/url]
Tower of Terror (Pictures of construction at our days)]//http://family.webshots.com/album/558257160OBAWon

SMCD

^^Hey, cool pictures. Really clever.  =D>

Anthony

Woooh very strange! Makes me realise another great thing about ToT - thanks to the lettering those travel companies will never be able to mirror it for no reason like they do the Castle.

Haven't got any pictures as clever as that, but managed to get a good one from the hub of the WDS icons:

The top level of Vinci parking was locked last Monday (yeah I felt like a right muppet), though I've seen videos of Saturday's inauguration from there... Weird, maybe they didn't realise before that fans went up to take nice pictures?

So near, so far. If it were still April fools we could say they've closed it to stop us seeing the start of Soarin' construction. :wink:

Fever

HUGE new billboard gone up in London (yes, the centre point one), shows a bellhop, a view of Paris and the huge tower rising. All with animated lightning effect, flickering neon and elevator 'TV' screen doors.. I did take some pictures on my phone-bit rubbish, but I WILL get them online later!
Welcome foolish mortals

peep

^OMG, its up! I think this is actually the best advertising campaign for a theme park (or one of its attractions) ever! I think Peep will be organising a small trip into London this week to check it out!

Bromley is now being over-run by ads too. We have normal bus stop posters AND 3D bus stop posters. In our shopping centre all of the elevators have a poster on the doors (the bellhop inviting you into the lift) and a HUGE (kinda) makeover for the two main lifts with images of peeps screaming on the attraction, very cool. I shall take more photos on me phone then should be able to post them by the end of the week.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Rystall

:D THANKS everyone for your very kind comments on my pictures. They are much appreciated.
Baloo your picture of TOT and the Earful Tower is fantastic !!
My pictures of Disneyland Paris]http://family.webshots.com/album/556583301aYKhpR[/url]
My pictures of Walt Disney Studios ]http://family.webshots.com/album/558228994VEwFdK[/url]
Tower of Terror (Pictures of construction at our days)]//http://family.webshots.com/album/558257160OBAWon

Maarten

Beautiful pics Baloo! Would it be possible to post the second pic one more time so we can enlarge it? That would be great.

In the meantime a video of the Dutch actrice/presenter Georgina Verbaan on the Tower of Terror has appeared on YouTube. It appears to be in the same style as previous adverts of people sneaking into the park at night. This time however Georgina is presenting a fictional tv show called "Drop In" in which she has to sneak into the Tower...

[youtube:2qb8mu0t]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9sgnuNviM0[/youtube:2qb8mu0t]

Patrick

The billboard around Centre Point in London has arrived, it is an ok advert, not as creative as the service elevator that appeared in Leicester Square.  Every minute or so the doors also open on an lcd screen in the middle of the tower and show faces of scared people, very interesting.  Here's a photo I took yesterday,

Remco K.

Quote from: "Maarten"In the meantime a video of the Dutch actrice/presenter Georgina Verbaan on the Tower of Terror has appeared on YouTube. It appears to be in the same style as previous adverts of people sneaking into the park at night. This time however Georgina is presenting a fictional tv show called "Drop In" in which she has to sneak into the Tower...
I posted a small part of that video one page back... I still had my doubts on this being real or not. But now you've shown the entire video, it's pretty obvious this is all fake! :lol: That large portal at the front gate of the studios is always locked, so why would they leave it open after closing time. Just like the gate and door of Tower of Terror, all open!

The funniest thing is that they got the attraction to work so easy! :P

It's a nice publicity stunt though. Not very original, but it was fun to watch.

Quote from: "PATMAGIC"The billboard around Centre Point in London has arrived, it is an ok advert, not as creative as the service elevator that appeared in Leicester Square. Every minute or so the doors also open on an lcd screen in the middle of the tower and show faces of scared people, very interesting. Here's a photo I took yesterday,
Nice advert, but c'mon... Disneyland Paris???

Anthony

The billboard looks brilliant! :shock: I've never seen DLRP advertise like this before. No bus stop posters here, maybe it's a Southern thing? No one north of Watford visits DLRP, after all. :wink:

The TV adverts are really grating on me though, they're so bad. The annoying kid says "This is going to be such a let down" and the bellhop replies (in fake french accent) something like "Indeed it will". Only it kind of does leave you with that feeling.... that the one in Paris is a let down. Because, the boy said so. Let's go to WDW instead... :roll: But I suppose it's good just to get the word out there.

Quote from: "Remco K."Nice advert, but c'mon... Disneyland Paris???
We're thick... I don't blame them. They're really emphasising that this is a FRENCH tower, in PARIS in all the adverts. A lot of brits will have already visited or heard from friends about the original in Florida.

The logo does look like a fan made it though. Just shows how bad the usual DLRP logo is for marketing, they've never made the Paris big enough.

@Maarten: Thanks! I didn't link to the second because taking it through a window made it blurred. A larger one is here anyway.