Offical Complaints

Started by KellyR, June 12, 2007, 03:07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Whether or not the complaints are justified, it's good that you've contacted DLRP.  They can only learn from guest feedback, so it's always a good thing when we give em complaints or compliments.  Complaints, they can fix it; compliments, they can give us more of the same quality!

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "raptor1982"Davewasbaloo: two posts on a row?

I hit submit and then thought of something else.
since 2001 (many before that)

Masamune

:? I kinda agree with Pat on this one. The majority of the things you mentioned in that e-mail are really to do with other guests rather than DLRP itself. And someone breaking in sounds like a once in a blue moon occurance to me, it's not like it happens all the time. I made a thread about the unpleasant experiences people have had at DLRP (I think it's towards the bottom of this Forum), and almost all of them are to do with other guests.

In regards to characters, there's plenty of places to meet them that are more controlled enviroments. And some areas, like the one at the side of It's a Small World, aren't as well know. :D I got to meet about 10 characters there and there was only about 30 other people.

:o You can't blame DLRP/Cast Members for the actions of some ignorant guests. You should take it upon yourself to put such guests in their place, rather than expecting DLRP to do something about it. :) The Magic is there, the trick is to not let people ruin it for you.

lilcharlie

Ive experianced something similar where my sister wanted her photo taken with one of the characters and parents were pushing and shoving infront of little children so we eventually gave up. Even if there was some rope to mark out a small queue line or a cast member just over looking there might not be so much pushing and shoving.

Atlantica

That is a dreadful experience, and I do feel so sorry for you that you had to experience it on your first visit. But again, a lot of it is the guests themselves, and Disney can't help that.

But with the issue about the photographs, I was physically pushed out the way by pushy mothers with their children, who felt they should go first, as they had children. I'm 17, and I had waited a long time to see Alice as she is one of my favourite characters, but these mothers were glaring daggers at me if I motioned forward for Alice to sign my autograph book. This felt kind of upsetting, as I though I had just as much right as they did! Of course I let little ones go ahead, but I still made sure I had my picture and autograph done. It took about 10 seconds in all, and Alice was more than happy to do it!

miss disney fan

you have to get used to things like that at disney, on my 1st visit it was 5 days long but come the 3rd day i wasnt having anymore pushing and shoving of my son so out came my shoulders and i stuck up for us and made sure he wasnt pushed around again  :roll:

if they did set up some kinda crowd control then things wouldnt be so bad, but that means they may have to hire more staff and who has to pay there wages  :?:

Kristof

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"
Quote from: "raptor1982"Davewasbaloo: two posts on a row?

I hit submit and then thought of something else.

Please use the edit button next time then.

KellyR

I was just shocked at the awlful behaviour.  I am not a sheltered person and I have travelled to most countries, both as a child and as an adult.  I have encountered many nationalities on my travels.  But I was so suprised by the behaviour, I have never known anything like it.

Yes Disney can't control peoples agressive behaviour but they should have some sort of control over the meetings with characters.  Someone on here said that the controlled method in the American parks was boring.  How can this be?  All it means is that everyone gets a chance of a nice meeting and nice photo without other rude people barging in.  Apart from Cafe Mickey we haven't got one nice photo of my daughter with a character in the park.

I really don't think DD is all that worried about it.  But it has left me with a bitter aftertaste of DLP.  I never would of expected this from a Disney Experience.

tubbsy

Quote from: "Baloo"Whether or not the complaints are justified, it's good that you've contacted DLRP.  They can only learn from guest feedback, so it's always a good thing when we give em complaints or compliments.  Complaints, they can fix it; compliments, they can give us more of the same quality!

I agree Kelly, you're right to have contected DLRP, like Baloo said, they'll hopefully take on board whart you've said. I've been four times to DLRP and just accepted that there is shoving and queue jumping going on and unfortunately built up a few tactics to stop people doing it to me n my family. Shame really :(

I'm sad that your holiday has left you with such a bad feeling.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Masamune

I can totally relate with what Atlantica said. :o A lot of people with children believe that they have more of a right to a character photo than other adults/teenagers do. So really, it works both ways. I'm not a pushy person myself. I'll wait my turn, but that doesn't mean I'll let people push me around either. :lol:

I just think it's a tad harsh for you to base your opinion on DLRP as a whole on this dreadful little bunch of situations. I hope you go back someday to give it another chance! :) Maybe more controlled character meetings would be a good idea, but even then, it's not like people don't push and shove in ques.

KellyR

I will probably get over it in time.  It's just so fresh in my mind.  We did manage to take a good bunch of photos (not character ones), and I bought a special picture frame there to mount them in.  But it's so fresh and sore in my memory I can't bare to to do it yet.  I will get over it.  And you are right in some points about it not being all of Disney's fault, that is true.  But seeing most of the problems happend on Saturday and Sunday it's really recent.

Also when you've waited so long to go and it's your only holiday of the year and my daughters special birthday celebration ,I feel I have a right to be disappointed by what happened.

Sorry if it affends anyone, but it happened and it has put a real damper on any possible future visits, that's if we ever go back.

Soap

Quote from: "KellyR"I will probably get over it in time.  It's just so fresh in my mind.  We did manage to take a good bunch of photos (not character ones), and I bought a special picture frame there to mount them in.  But it's so fresh and sore in my memory I can't bare to to do it yet.  I will get over it.  And you are right in some points about it not being all of Disney's fault, that is true.  But seeing most of the problems happend on Saturday and Sunday it's really recent.

Also when you've waited so long to go and it's your only holiday of the year and my daughters special birthday celebration ,I feel I have a right to be disappointed by what happened.

Sorry if it affends anyone, but it happened and it has put a real damper on any possible future visits, that's if we ever go back.

I think that no one here on the forum will feel affended by your feelings and i even think the most will relate to your problems.
The thing is that those things just happen and not only around Disney. It's just a change in the total human lifestyle and way of living. It's a pity, but all around the world you see such disrespectfull things happen....  :(
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Gillburt

Well I can relate to what everybody says

On our first trip our little girl burst into tears because she kept getting pushed out of the way by adults when trying to see Jessie... that was the first and only time we've tried to meet a character. When we told her to push in she burst in to tears and sobbed "No.. pushing is rude!".. aw.. bless...

We've come to a good compromise now though. We tell our kids that rather than queue up to see characters, they can have either a character breakfast or lunch at cafe mickey - where the characters come to you whilst you get fed. You've got to eat, so it seems a good deal to us.

Also, we have found by not joining in the mad scramble, it's amazing the number of times a character will just walk up to you and engage in a bit of Magic... especially if you have a little sit down on the benches opposite the toilets located between Small World and the Annual Passport centre (bascially the quiet bit of the park).... and there's nothing more magical than a surprise visit from a character.... We've visited DLRP three times now (c. 13 days in total) and have had at least two such "surprises" each visit.  I guess the cast members inside the costumes hate the pushing and shoving as much as we do.

So, there are other ways to preserve the magic

SheHen23

Sorry, this reply is a bit late, but I only just joined the forum.  I have just come back to DLRP and everything said about the behaviour of some of the guests is completely true. Unfortunately, it is not necessarily part of French Culture to queue, and I do believe that there is a little bit of 'this is our park!' when foreigners join in.   However, I don't believe that you can avoid this entirely even with crowd control.  My 2 girls queued for 20 mins to meet Minnie & just as they got to her, instead of a hug, they got shoved out of the way because the people before them decided to come back for a few more photos. This spoilt the moment, but thankfully not for too long.  I think this one of those situations that you can put down to the joys of visiting a foreign country.  There are many wonderful things about France, a little pushing & shoving, sadly, is one of the (few)negatives.  You just got to go with the flow,- I didn't think at first my timid 6 year old was going to get anyway near a character but by the end of the trip she got several autographs & a few pics.  When in Rome.......as they say!
[blue=]It[/blue] [red=]IS[/red]A [orange=]Small[/orange] [purple=]World[/purple] [yellow=]After[/yellow] [green=]All[/green]!

mossom02

I have just complained to dlp.guestcommunication. twice in fact since returning home 2 weeks ago but they have not replied. I have been there 4 ties since it opened and it had always been magical until now. Lack of staff and characters, dirty blocked toilets in park and no one to fix it. cafes on main st with overflowing bins and rubbish on tables, cold room with broken heater, the list goes on. So good luck to anyone complaining, I reall dont think they care