Offical Complaints

Started by KellyR, June 12, 2007, 03:07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KellyR

Hi

Just got back from Disneyland Paris.

Can anyone inform me of the offical complaints channels or email address etc?

Thanks

KellyR

Kristof

A quick search on the official website would have resulted in this:

http://www.disneylandparis.co.uk/faq/index.xhtml

KellyR

I've already done this, sorry should have made myself clearer, I need also the Disney Corporation complaint emails etc, the whole thing.

I have a very serious complaint about Disneyland Paris, that all Disney offical channels need to know.

Thanks anyway, will keep searching on the internet, but if anyone else knows of any please let me know.

Quote from: "raptor1982"A quick search on the official website would have resulted in this:

http://www.disneylandparis.co.uk/faq/index.xhtml

Kristof

QuoteI need also the Disney Corporation complaint emails

You won't be able to file a complaint in that manner and if you do, it will be immediately forwarded to the customer care department at DLRP.

Soap

May i ask what the problem is about??? Sounds quit serious???  :?:
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

speedpacket

Quote from: "Soap"May i ask what the problem is about??? Sounds quit serious???  :?:
Yeah - made me curious as well!!!
Next visit:
13-14-15 February 2009 - Valentine in DLH Castle Club

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!

KellyR

Hi yes

I have just sent this email out to all of the Disney contacts I could find.  I've enclosed a copy.  You will probably understand once you've read it.

Dear Sir/Madam

I feel the need to write to you, to make you aware of some of the problems which we recently had during our stay at Disneyland Resort Paris

I would like to inform you that I have been visiting Disney World Resort, Florida since I was a young child, I have never felt unsafe at all whilst visiting the American parks.  But my recent visit to Disneyland Resort Paris, I felt threatened, invaded, unsafe, unhappy and thoroughly disappointed in my visit.

We decided to visit the Paris Resorts because of their convenient location to us here in the UK, and now having young children we thought that the Paris Resorts would be a good alternative.  How wrong could I of been!

We visited the Walt Disney Studios on Friday 8th June and it was a nice pleasant park to stroll around in and we managed to see some shows and ride some attractions.  We visited the same park on Sunday 10th June and to say the least it was threatening to both myself and my husband as adults and my two young children (aged 4 years and 17 months).  Firstly whilst queuing in Studio 1 waiting to be let into the park itself we were being shuffed left and right pushed around, my 4 year old being crushed in a crowd, this is disgusting, there is NO crowd control, little children of all nationalities being crushed in what amounts to a cattle shed.  To ease the wait in Studio 1, I went to get coffees for myself and my husband only to discover that a whole load of unruly teenagers had broken down a side door to enter the park before opening time to rush to Crush's Coaster.  I think this is DISGUSTING.  I have never known this in ANY Disney park the many years that I have visited them.  Is this what you call Disney Magic - I don't think so.  These teenagers weren't retrieved and removed from the park, which many of the well behaved guests waiting in the queue expected.  They were allowed to do this and therefore beat the good people who were standing and waiting for the park to open.  And none of the cast members did anything about it, no apologises nothing at all.

I expect of a Walt Disney park to be a 'happy place' as Walt Disney expected it to be, I think if he saw what happened on that Sunday he would turn over in his grave.  These are supposed to be family parks where children can be children and families spending 'happy times' together.  How far from the truth is this.  Walt Disney Studios Park is a truly great let down and worse than that, I feel the danger of no crowd control to be too great to bring my children back there.

I didn't have many problems with Disneyland Park itself, we enjoyed our time there.  But I feel I must mention the rudeness of the guests within the park itself.  As I have said before we have visited Disneyworld Resorts many times and we have NEVER encountered SO much rudeness in my life.  The French push and shoved all the time.  A French lady pushed herself in front of my daughter who had been waiting so patiently for a 4 year old on the pavement for the parade, so that SHE herself could see the parade, she didn't have children with her, but she considered HER viewing of the parade a priority over a childs view.  THIS IS DISGUSTING, once again NO crowd control.  Once again, a adult using threatening behaviour in a family park to a child.  We had this type of incident constantly during our stay.  And not just from the French, but the majority was.  These problems could be preventing from happening if crowd control was in place, and cast members controlled the queues for the parade better, maybe with barriers?  Maybe in person?  Or even rope?  It is easy done, and I don't know why it isn't.

I must also mention the problems we had with Character interactions.  If we hadn't booked a meal at Cafe Mickey, I don't believe my daughter would have got to see any of them.  When a character appeared it was madness.  Adults pushing children out of the way so that they could have their photo taken with the character.  My daughter was physically pushed twice out of the way so that a grown women could have her photo taken with a character.  On the Character Express when the characters get off the train, you literally have to take your life in your hands to get a chance of a meeting.  My little daughter waited patiently and politely for a signature off a character  whilst everyone else was pushing in to get signature, by the time she managed to get to the the front and character said a FIRM NO with a shake of its paw.  This really made my daughter cry, she was so patient for a 4 year old, she didn't disserve this.  THIS BEHAVIOUR IS DISGUSTING, Walt Disney himself didn't want this from his parks.  Could you imagine what he would think that a child of 4 years old crying because she was constantly shoved out of the way by adults.  All she wanted was a signature from her favourite character.

Myself and my husband are considering never returning to Disneyland Resort Paris because of these problems and we won't until we here that these problems are solved.  This was our only holiday for the year and it was a great disappointment - no DISNEY MAGIC at all. I'll just have to save money and go to the 'real' Disney in Florida where we can get some magic and some of what Walt Disney himself wanted. We have other family members visiting soon, we have warned them of these problems. I hope that something is done so that they don't have to experience what we did.

Patrick

Well all I can personally say is this is nothing new and really does not seem very notable.  So you found some people unruly, really it's not Disney's problems just the individuals.  As for characters there are plenty of places to go and see them in a queueing system, dlrp chose not to use this very boring idea and there are always plenty of places to see characters wondering the parks :roll: .  This just sounds like a typical moan, and also guest flow do try their hardest it's probably not the easiest job, especially with the amount of languages.

KellyR

So you are saying that adults pushing a  child and baby about is to be expected?!!  You are soooo wrong.  I wouldn't dream of pushing a child over to please myself over some character.  And yes it is Disney's fault, if they are expecting large crowds due to a new ride being open they should implement a system where children aren't being crushed, after all these are FAMILY parks and not just for adults.  And allowing unruley teenages break down doors and do nothing about it - are you also saying that this isn't Disney's fault.  I know for a fact if this had of happened in an American Park the teenages would have been collected and removed from the park, not only that, it wouldn't happen in an American Park, people are generally better behaved.

DISNEY'S lack of crowd control did cause my daughter to cry, there is NO excuse for that kind of behaviour.  And you are wrong on characters being ALL over the park - on this day which was Sunday 10th June they weren't, so please get your facts right about this particular day before you throw rolling eyes at me.

davewasbaloo

Sadly Kelly, what you are reporting is pretty normal.  This is why although DLP is a beautifully designed resort, the cast and guest behaviour is terrible.  I thought when we had little ones we would go to DLP more and save WDW until they were older.  Sadly, we gave in last year and flew our 18 mth old and 4 yr old to WDW.  

For real magic though, skip Paris and Florida and go to the original in California!

Honestly though, there are two choices.  Learn from it and try to work alternative ways of visiting the park to enjoy what is excellent there, or go to the States, Hong Kong and Tokyo.

We try to mix them all up around the globe where possible.  I am excited by my upcoming trip next week, but a part of me is also dreading it.
since 2001 (many before that)

davewasbaloo

It's like the time the kids in our boat on It's a Small World were smoking, on the ride!  I told them not to in many languages, and yet they laughed and ignored me.  When I told the cast members, they just shrugged.
since 2001 (many before that)

kurgly_bird

we are in no way condoning what happens in the parks sometimes but i'm sure you can acknowledge it can be difficult to stop every incident, i've had to be pushed to the back for kids before after queueing to meet characters, so it works both ways...

x x x

Nicholas-c

this sounds very serious :( but as said it does happen alot when it gets busy and you picked the launch day of 2 new attractions
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

RnRCj

Any theme park will go manic at the opening of new attractions. I think it was just the time you visited  :lol:

Kristof

Davewasbaloo: two posts on a row?