Offical Complaints

Started by KellyR, June 12, 2007, 03:07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tom_mitchell

i think this could of been prevented by yourself to be honest i just got back from a 6 day trip over Christmas myself. driving from the uk to dlp with my wife and kids.

i went expecting rudeness, its europe its everywhere over there especially france, its not america so dont expect it to be, people are completly different.

to give you some examples:

we stood in que for crushes coaster for 1 hour and 10 minutes within that time i approached a man (well in his 20's) behind me took a cigerette out of his mouth and stamped on it on the floor, (no one smokes next to my kids)  

whilst waiting for a photo with a jessie charecter a woman and her brood of people must of been about 7 or 8 of them pushed in front of my kids, once again i approaced them it doesnt matter that they couldnt speak the same language as me because angry is angry in whatever language you speak. i moved them back and my kids got in where they should of done waiting patiently.

now i accept not everyone has as much confidence as myself. but you need to expect these things in such places, as for your kids being crushed in studio 1 why not just push back, raise your voice and your concerns at the people behind you, or if you really dont like crowds put up with the waiting times in ques, dont arrive before the park actually opens....

i think it seems like your just having a moan because you didnt have the confidence to stand up when you should of done and made a point to people.

as the old fashioned statement goes...

grow some balls...

ed-uk

Last year we stayed at the NBC hotel, we had a beautiful room with a balcony  and a view over Lake Disney.
But in the hotel corridor a horrible child, I assume it was a child, it could have been an adult which is really frightening, had taken a pen and drawn a long stripe down the corridor wall all the way to the lift in ink . It was sad to see and I felt sorry for Disney having to put up with such terrible behaviour from guest in their hotels, they treat things with such little respect.
Ed & David

claire2281

Quote from: "tom_mitchell"we stood in que for crushes coaster for 1 hour and 10 minutes within that time i approached a man (well in his 20's) behind me took a cigerette out of his mouth and stamped on it on the floor, (no one smokes next to my kids)

Can you please come to Disney with me and my friend next time please? :D

We had a guy in front of us smoking in the queue for Crush. Tbf to the cast member nearby he'd already told several to put out their cigarettes but this guys was leaning over the metal barriers hiding so he could smoke. It's a bit tragic that he was that desperate!

One thing I have always found that works for the parade/character meets is ganging up with any other British families you can find. Last time we watched Fanti, we could hear a British family behind us and offered to let their children stand in front of us (I mean, they were hardly going to block our view!). They were very grateful and quite happy to stay behind us themselves - my friend and I are only short! The best part was when a French family tried to shove in, the men from the group behind us were having none of it. The rude French were no match for a few burly angry Geordis :D

Similarly, we've helped British families get their kids to meet characters before and then they've blocked other people from shoving in when it's our turn.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

tom_mitchell

Quote from: "claire2281"
Quote from: "tom_mitchell"we stood in que for crushes coaster for 1 hour and 10 minutes within that time i approached a man (well in his 20's) behind me took a cigerette out of his mouth and stamped on it on the floor, (no one smokes next to my kids)

Can you please come to Disney with me and my friend next time please? :D

quote]

haha i would love to but i dont think my wife would approve me running off to disney with a strange women/lady/girl (sorry dont know how old you are lol)

also i think my kids would be a bit jelous! lol

DisneyDonna

I contacted Disney by e-mail last November to complain and still haven't received an answer. Is this normal and how long should I wait? I cannot recall getting a mail that they have received the complaints and are processing it?