My first annual pass!

Started by 15stitch, April 01, 2019, 01:06:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

15stitch

So, after several weeks of deliberating yesterday afternoon I went on to the Disneyland Paris French site and ordered my son and I Infinity Annual Passes!   :)

My son is 6 and his reaction when I told him just blew me away.  I wish I'd filmed it.  He was besides himself, so excited and appreciative and I got a lot of extra Mother's Day cuddles!

And I'm still in shock that I will soon have an annual pass to a Disney park.   Super exciting.

My plan is to do several short trips away over the year.  Due to my Mum's health we can't have a proper/ long holiday this year, so this is my alternative. 

So, my question is does anyone have any tips on getting cheap flights/ Eurostar bookings?

Is it just a case of constantly checking the websites?

Any other tips are very welcome.
1995 WDW (offsite)
1998 DLP (Newport Bay Club)
2001 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2002 DLP (Hotel New York)
2003 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2004 WDW (offsite)
2005 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2006 WDW (Grand Floridian)
2007 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2008 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2011 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne)
2015 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
May 2016 DLP (Newport Bay Club)
December 2016 DLP (Sequoia Lodge)
April 2017 WDW (Animal Kingdom Lodge)
June 2019 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne)

haribosmum

No advice but I did exactly the same a few weeks back. So def following this post! We are off on a package trip next week but am looking forward to using the discounts :-)
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

15stitch

Quote from: haribosmum on April 01, 2019, 05:56:28 PM
No advice but I did exactly the same a few weeks back. So def following this post! We are off on a package trip next week but am looking forward to using the discounts :-)

It's so exciting.  My son is bedside himself and has told everyone he has come into contact with since I told him.   

I really need to make a decision about our first trip and get the flights booked.
1995 WDW (offsite)
1998 DLP (Newport Bay Club)
2001 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2002 DLP (Hotel New York)
2003 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2004 WDW (offsite)
2005 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2006 WDW (Grand Floridian)
2007 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2008 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2011 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne)
2015 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
May 2016 DLP (Newport Bay Club)
December 2016 DLP (Sequoia Lodge)
April 2017 WDW (Animal Kingdom Lodge)
June 2019 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne)

Disneyday

I just got my first annual pass too! What I tend to do is look on skyscanner and either search for a specific month or select the "cheapest month" option and just see what comes up as I can be quite flexible with dates. I've found May and September to be good months for both reasonable flights and better weather and a not so busy Disney. Although having said that I've not long since booked for a May trip and flights were at least double what I've paid the last two years.

Try to be flexible if you can and look at flights for the entire month as opposed to specific dates. I'd imagine same goes for Eurostar. I know you'd get more choices and no doubt cheaper tickets if you take the Eurostar to Gare Du Nord rather than the one that goes straight to Disney.

Good luck in your searches!

Mollaka

The trick I usually do is I check Air France's website (I usually do Friday-Sunday trips) and I can usually get the same flights for around 170 EUR. Sometimes (like now) they did a spring promotion when I could book my September AP event flight for 140.
If you are not bound for weekends, I agree that Skyscanner can really help a lot!

My badges of honor: 2014/06 - DL | 2015 Sep, 2019 May - DLP | 2018 May - WDW

Coming up: DLP: Jun, Sep, Oct | WDW: 2020 Jan