The Lion King: Rhythms of the Pride Lands - show at Frontierland Theater

Started by Anthony, January 26, 2019, 11:41:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

A few more tidbits have been released on the new Lion King show at the completely rebuilt Chaparral Theater.

❇️ The Lion King and Jungle shows and summer festival details confirmed on DLP Today

The show will be called The Lion King: Rhythms of the Pride Lands, featuring singers, dancers, acrobats and drummers in an original Disneyland Paris production with brand new costumes and choreography, featuring the songs "Circle of Life", "I Just Can't Wait to be King", "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" and "Hakuna Matata".

It begins 30th June 2019, part of The Lion King and Jungle Festival at Disneyland Park.

No concept art or further teasers yet - what are you expecting from this show? Will be somewhere in-between The Tarzan Encounter and the park's former The Legend of the Lion King show?

Anthony

It's here! I've just put together a quick introduction and review of the new show, with the 22 official photos released by Disneyland Paris.

➡️ The Lion King: Rhythms of the Pride Lands premieres with world class production values on DLP Guide

Does it live up to your expectations? Is it different enough from other Lion King productions, while still fitting within a Disney theme park? (Well, as much as a Lion King show can fit in Frontierland...)

There's a spoilerific official teaser video too, showing a few of the scenes:

never2old

I can't wait to see this!!

I've only seen bits of the show (trying to keep some of it a surprise) but it looks really good. The new theatre looks great, no more columns in the way!! And the stage feels bigger as well!!

Anthony

OutsideEars is reporting that The Lion King: Rhythms of the Pride Lands show could return from 23rd October 2021!

Fantastic news for the resort if true, and an excellent addition just in time for wintry weather. I'd always thought it a real shame they kept such an excellent show tied to the festival season, it should be a year-round offering just like these shows used to be.

It's also reported, however, that Disney Premier Access could be offered for this return. So you pay an extra charge for a guaranteed seat and perhaps "best" view. Not entirely a bad thing in my opinion, so long as enough regular seating is left for everyone else? The additional income could help justify the return of more, bigger entertainment productions.

Anthony

And it's true... right down to the date!

👉 The Lion King: Rhythms of the Pride Lands returning – with paid 'guaranteed access'

Of course, there's also an added upcharge. Full details of that above.

Would you be willing to pay €15 per person for "guaranteed access", skipping a long wait outside the theatre?