Walt Disney Studios Park €2bn investment announcement

Started by DLPWonders (Banned), February 27, 2018, 03:29:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

samuelvictor

I certainly hope so, that sounds great :) I'm also glad they are planning a lake, I think the Studios Park is sorely lacking water to its landscaping atm.

Rocketeer

Agreed, it needs more landscaping to balance out the acres of concrete in the place.

I've still got my doubts that the lake will be as big as the concept art shows though.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

YenSidBot

Have to say that as a movie i also am not that crazy about frozen . However the idea of being immersed in that world has me very excited . Not that much excitement from me at the minute for Marvel Land but ill wait and see what rides get announced for it apart from Iron man.
Next Trip 28 Sep - 5 October 18 :) :)

DLPme

Tokyo DisneySea have (once again) announced they're expanding with their own Arendelle. Sounds like they're getting a Maelstrom/Frozen Ever After-ride: http://attractionsmagaznine.com/tokyo-disneysea-expansion-2022/

Maybe this is a hint of what we can expect in the new WDS-Land as well?

Rocketeer

A proposed plan of the WDS expansion seems to be doing the rounds now.

via Disney&More, the details in short..
http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2018/07/dlp-walt-disney-studios-latest.html

Backlot
The Tram Tour is staying for now. Potential new station location is near Place de Remy.
A replica of the Cozy Cone Motel (found in Cars Land) is also speculated for this area.

Marvel Land (c. 2020/21)
No new occupant for the Armageddon building for now. (It will remain closed).
Marvel Stunt Show replaces Moteurs...Action!

Toy Story Playland
Alien Swirling Saucers maybe off, or delayed.

Studio Lake (c.2021/22?)
The lake could be the same size as that of TDS, with tiered paths/viewing area similar to DCA.
Potential for some restaurants on the waterfront.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (c.2024)
Main and only attraction could be the E-ticket "Battle Escape" (the one where they're constructing the full size AT-ATs in the US parks).

Frozenland (c.2022/23)
A E-ticket is planned, but potentially no Sleigh Coaster like HKDL.

2024 and beyond..
Land adjascent to the Tram Tour has potential for further expansion. Carsland and Pandora could be in Phase II - or maybe something else entirely.

(All rumour until confirmed)

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

Rocketeer

There's a rumour doing the rounds that EPCOT will get a nighttime parade to replace IllumiNations. It's supposed to be partly on the walkways of the World Showcase, and in part on the lagoon (a la the Electrical Water Pageant).

Makes me wonder though.. it could also be something they're working on for the Studios Lake. OK, the theme would be completely different, but think World of Color meets the EWP with Marvel and Star Wars elements. And voila... WDS' night time spectacular.

Remco K.

Quote from: Rocketeer on July 22, 2018, 09:33:47 PM
There's a rumour doing the rounds that EPCOT will get a nighttime parade to replace IllumiNations. It's supposed to be partly on the walkways of the World Showcase, and in part on the lagoon (a la the Electrical Water Pageant).

Makes me wonder though.. it could also be something they're working on for the Studios Lake. OK, the theme would be completely different, but think World of Color meets the EWP with Marvel and Star Wars elements. And voila... WDS' night time spectacular.
This might be a little far-fetched, but what if they shipped the entire IllumiNations-show to DLP? ;D

Anyway, whatever they're planning on the WDS lake, a show simular to World of Color is most likely, as DLP still can't launch the larger fireworks shells WDW/DL have.

Rocketeer

Via ED92

QuoteA decision of the CNDP (Public Debate) recently made public reveals the scale of the Walt Disney Studios Park expansion:
Total size incl. backstage: 31 aces
Lake surrounded by restaurants: 3 acres
"Frozen Land": 9,800m2 floor space
"Star Wars Land": 19,000m2 floor space

claire2281

Just to clarify in case any one is wondering, the floor spaces mentioned are the area covered by buildings, not the land as a whole!
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

LeeleeSTAR

Is the total size of the expansion 31 acres?  If so how big is the WDS current park?

Rocketeer

I can't seem to get a figure on the exact acarage of WDS, but at a rough guess the expansion is about a third (maybe a little more) of the current park.

MildlyArtistic

Is the Marvel Land technically an expansion or is the Rock N' Rollercoaster end of WDS being redeveloped into a Marvel theme? I'm presuming it's a mixture of both, so an expansion plus a re-theme of the existing area.

Rocketeer

^Well, far as I can tell Marvel Land is just a re-themeing / plussing of the Backlot. It'll use the existing attractions and buildings (for now).

However, from that plan that leaked a while back - it would seem that there's still room to expand behind the RnRc and Moteurs - now that could be for more Marvel Land or to expaned Galaxy's Edge Lite.

Ravenseye

This news is really quite shimmeringly ,overwhelmingly welcome! TOT staying would be fantastic, although I'm too wussy to ride it, I'm attached to it staying as is. NOT a Marvel fan etc...etc...BUT wow!
However, I'm hoping they introduce the option to hire a motorised mobility vehicle (as other parks have), because THIS 'new park' will take some serious walking around! My Hubby is mobility impaired and I now also have issues with managing walks over 30 minutes without mind searing pain in hips, so, joking aside, it's a SERIOUS consideration.
Disneyworld 1990
Disneyland Paris 1996, 2002, 2004, 2013, 2014...

Rocketeer

^I had no idea they didn't offer this already.

You'd like to hope that will change now that TWDC owns the park completely. And, as you say, it's a vast expansion - so they will need to offer something like that.

And here's a good video explaining what these new figures mean..

https://youtu.be/GuPGrcyLka0

And to go back to an earlier question - it appears that WDS is currently 62 acres.
The expansion (including backstage) is 31 hectares - which is 76 acres. (1 hectare is 2.47 acres).